Niagara Falls, NY - Rapids Theatre (Oct. 19, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Maladjusted / Black Cloud / Still Ill / Fantastic Bird / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / Scandinavia / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // How Soon Is Now?

set list from setlist.fm via somedizzywhore.com. Link posted by LazyDyke.

Last edited:
Live your life the way you see fit but keep your trite comments about how others live theirs to yourself. I'm gonna go eat a big fat veal chop now, in your honour. ...cause if God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat. ;)

If you and others actually read the Bible, you'd read that God tells you to treat animals respectfully and to only take what you need. Most animals don't see the daylight nowadays, would not know what fresh grass tastes like and are "living" in boxes because weak muscles makes killing them easier and the flesh more "delicate". I saw a sheep in the street this summer that somebody tried to pull into the butcher's house and the sheep knew EXACTLY what was going to happen because it tried everything to get away from the person. I was in a shock as I drove bye and could only start to think of what I could have done much later when it was too late. The sheep did not even have much on it that could have been turned into "meat". It is disgusting how these creatures are suffering only so that others can stuff their already full bellies even fuller and who could easily eat something else, which would be much healthier than eat animals who have spent their life in such suffering. Are you for any moment graceous to the animal that makes your saussage that it lived so miserably so that you can overeat? And if I read this bullshit about animals being lesser beings. How would anybody know? Can you read their minds or understand their language? Why did the sheep not just leave the car and walk straight into the butcher's house to get murdered? It is easy to have more sympathy for that sheep that didn't do anything badly to any other being compared to most bullshitters. I am not saying meat eaters, because as you rightly state, most of the vegetarian Morrissey fans who visit this website are just as sickening as his meat eating ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meet your meat film???
I question this, those clips have been carefully put together to show the absolute worst treatment of animals why does'nt the film identify just which countries they were filmed in because in the U K strict high standards are set by D E F R A.
This film is very un-balanced and biased. Yes it may happen in other countries but that is no reason to bully U K residents to become vegetarians.
And before you start throwing flowers and big dictionary words at me I work in the meat industry so I more than qualify to speak on the subject.

I honestly don't believe that Morrissey is on a quest to convert people to vegetarianism, but simply to make people think about the fact that they are eating creatures that were once alive. I can't speak for him, obviously, but I've never found his vegetarianism to be offensive or heavy handed. I first heard 'Meat is Murder' when I was a youngin' and clearly his attitudes about meat consumption and the way animals are treated has not changed. He's one of a very few voices that deal with the subject, and he's done it consistently for a long time.

I am not a vegetarian, but I have noticed over time that my consumption of meat is less and less as the years pass. Morrissey does make me aware that I, too, am one of those people who eats meat and often forgets that it came from an animal. I like being reminded that you don't eat meat without some ethical cost. But more importantly, I think (and again, this is just my interpretation,) Morrissey is far more concerned with the lives and well-being of animals than simply worrying about the consistency of a 'philosophy'. I hate to see animals mis-treated, and there are definitely times when I try to square that with the fact that I do occasionally eat meat, and I will confess it doesn't add up. I have not figured how to resolve this.

Moz has taken a lot of hits for his stance on the subject, which I think points more and more to the fact that he's genuine in his politics and feelings. He plays fair, and I don't believe he's doing or saying anything inconsistent with what he's been about for almost all his life.

Too many uninterested pussies watching the show.

Get into the concert folks, the man is a legend.

JohnnyGreenink.

Thank you for being so logical. I almost agree with you completely. Except, I do think Morrissey would convert everyone if he could, but you're right. He's been the same way for years. I completely respect Moz for is stance because people need to be more aware of how animals are being handled. For me, it isn't so much about eating meat as it is about how it is being done. We've been eating meat since the cavemen and God knows if you were starving back in the day, you were lucky to get a deer or whatever you could. I understand it's 2012, but that's where things get fuzzy, like so many other topics people fight over. IMO, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to have free roaming animals. There is absolutely no reason to shove them in tiny cages and kill them the way they do. I believe it's natural to eat meat, but not the way they are doing it. I don't believe it is black and white like other people do. But at the same time, hating someone because they eat meat is just as bad as hating someone because they are Jewish or black or whatever. Sorry, but it's true!

Anyway, people at these shows should really get more into it!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom