Newark, NJ - New Jersey Performing Arts Center (Dec. 1, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Rebels Without Applause / I Am Veronica / The Bullfighter Dies / Jim Jim Falls / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @FROSTY

Last edited:
It is embarrassing. But just as the young, lithe Morrissey was exhibiting his body unashamedly saying "This is what I look like" - the old, saggy, rotund Moz is saying the same thing. He's trying to normalize what men look like, not for fetishizing (although some people probably do), but to make a stand against the beautiful people.
What is his perceived slight against you, that would induce such an unflattering light?

oh god That is a gross still of M and his belly. f*** me sideways I will have nightmares.
why he thinks doing this at 60 is a good thing, I have no idea. Yes, people will rush for the shirt as they are die-hard fans the trouble is these pictures will be around way after he is and it looks stupid AF
He could lose a few pounds, but he's doing great, despite this. Don't fix what ain't broken.

I used to make fun of him for those few excess pounds, but I had a chip on my shoulder. I had believed that he hated people like me, and so I snubbed him. I was being a moron.

He could lose a few pounds, but he's doing great, despite this. Don't fix what ain't broken.
But he never will. His diet hasn't changed but his body has. The ONLY way to lose weight past age 40 is to reduce carbs, eat meat. His diet consists of ONLY carbs. He will be overweight til the day he dies, unfortunately.

But he never will. His diet hasn't changed but his body has. The ONLY way to lose weight past age 40 is to reduce carbs, eat meat.

If carbohydrates are his problem, why would he have to eat meat? He could get plenty of protein from legumes.

Personally I think his middle-aged stockiness becomes him. Unfortunately his fondness for baggy & airy "misguided trousers" and tight little shoes do not often flatter him, and the shirtlessness is not really worth it, I don't think, even as a strike for body acceptance. He should maybe return to living in Rome, and find a good tailor, and a nice spot that serves vegan eggplant parm and offers ciabatta bread in small portions.

If carbohydrates are his problem, why would he have to eat meat? He could get plenty of protein from legumes.

Personally I think his middle-aged stockiness becomes him. Unfortunately his fondness for baggy & airy "misguided trousers" and tight little shoes do not often flatter him, and the shirtlessness is not really worth it, I don't think, even as a strike for body acceptance. He should maybe return to living in Rome, and find a good tailor, and a nice spot that serves vegan eggplant parm and offers ciabatta bread in small portions.
I speak from experience. I have/had a similar body type as Morrissey. I am 8 years younger but out of the blue, you hit a certain age and even working out constantly doesn't get you back to how you were. Keto diet: lean meats, no bread, or any type of carbs at all like pasta, potatoes, etc. allowed me to lose 45 pounds and I am in better shape than I was as a 24 year old in 1991. His diet is really unhealthy and we can all see the results. This stupid propaganda that meat is bad needs to stop.

I don't think the guy doing Our Frank and various obscure b-sides at his shows is really forcing himself to do any song he doesn't want to do. I don't get the impression that he has "contempt" for the songs at all, and he has said in interviews that these songs mean the world to him and he basically picks the ones he wants to do. The fact that he continually "updates" the songs with new lyrical adjustments to me shows he's as invested as ever, not just mindlessly parroting himself.
I was cracking up at all the ad libs, GREAT show https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxlStTHipOSQA6wqPNkFu0D5sIatnTM8pL

I have eyes. Why else would he do it besides striking a blow for the aged? Pure exhibitionism?

Do you prefer this shot from 2018? Note the underpants on display.

Attachments

• Morrissey_-_Royal_Albert_Hall_-_Wednesday_7th_March_2018_MozRAH070318-45_(40726127751).jpg
    Morrissey_-_Royal_Albert_Hall_-_Wednesday_7th_March_2018_MozRAH070318-45_(40726127751).jpg
    770.3 KB · Views: 0
Outstanding performance. Took my son with me. Now he’s a die-hard Morrissey and Smiths fan.

Attachments

• IMG_0625.jpeg
    IMG_0625.jpeg
    828 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0603.jpeg
    IMG_0603.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • AE7E0943-E9D2-4E58-9611-974699799F62.jpeg
    AE7E0943-E9D2-4E58-9611-974699799F62.jpeg
    997.4 KB · Views: 0

Trending Threads

Back