New Zealand release of YATQ?

P

Pat McKane

Librarian, Simply Thrilled, do you know when You Are The Quarry will be released in New Zealand? Smokecds don't seem to have it on their site yet.

I suppose I could leave my mountain lair and go to a record shop and ask a real life person. But that isn't very modern.

Cheers!

It's a different story down our way

Hi Pat,

Mmmm, while the northern hemisphere gets to bask in all the Morrissey attention it's a different story downhere. BMG might be releasing it on Monday. Altough from what I've heard is that if they do release it on Monday it'll just be a standard CD in a plastic jewel case. No DVD special. BMG might now though, delay the release and release it later with the DVD. I'll give BMG another ring today.

C4 haven't played the video for "Irish Blood, English Heart" yet. I spoke to someone there yesterday and it seems they haven't been given a copy of the video. Once they deicde to play it I'm going to be phoned by the programmer or someother lacky there. I await that phonecall.

Student radio, the right on BFM have played "Irish Blood, English Heart" a few times, but the song hasn't been added to any play lists. Maybe Radio Active have played it in Wellytown?

I'll let you know the outcome of my conversation with BMG.

Did you manage to get the NME, Spin and I-D mags ok? I've got a extra copy of Spin if you want it?

Re: It's a different story down our way

Cheers Barry,

My good sister in the UK has a pile of mags awaiting my visit in July. I haven't heard the single on radio yet. As an old fart my wireless is glued to National Radio. Maybe Linda Clark or Wayne (what's he on) Mowat will give IBEH a spin?

Let me know if C4 are going to play the video. We are in a Morrissey desert Mr Librarian.

Thanks,

Pat

Re: It's a different story down our way

I phoned Juice TV today to see if they would be screening "Irish Blood, English Heart". I know it's not quite the format that they would nomally play, but it was worth finding out. The rather young clueless receptionist asked me if I was Morrissey and was it one of my songs. I have often thought of myself as a bit of Moz . I then told in in words of less than three syllables that Morrissey was a very popular singer in the world and that he has a new album out. Honestly this country seems to be run by silly bimbos.

No luck on the BMG front. I'm loathe to leave a message on the chirpy young promotion girl's voicemail. I'll keep on trying though.

Remember Pat, there's nothing wrong with Nat Rad, and early morning birdcalls.

Back
Top Bottom