New Zealand and Australia, 2012; 3 US TV Shows - true-to-you.net

Re: What about Australia? It has been missed on the tour again

Do we dare get our hopes raised again? I'm really hoping so!!

New Zealand and Australia, 2012

Morrissey has added two shows in New Zealand and four shows in Australia to conclude his 2012 tour. At the close of his 35-date U.S. tour on December 8 (Atlantic City, sold-out), Morrissey will travel directly to New Zealand. Full ticket and venue details will be available within the next week.

http://true-to-you.net/

I phoned Vector Arena here in Auckland five minutes ago. I asked if the venue was booked for the 11 December 2012. The answer was no, no bookings on that date. I asked the further question if there were any dates booked for Morrissey at the Vector Arena during December. "Not that I'm aware of" was the reply from the nice girl on the phone.

There is always the Auckland Town Hall as a venue. And a better one, so maybe there? "Within the week" has now passed.

I phoned Vector Arena here in Auckland five minutes ago. I asked if the venue was booked for the 11 December 2012. The answer was no, no bookings on that date. I asked the further question if there were any dates booked for Morrissey at the Vector Arena during December. "Not that I'm aware of" was the reply from the nice girl on the phone.

There is always the Auckland Town Hall as a venue. And a better one, so maybe there? "Within the week" has now passed.

I understand it's really frustrating, but it's the same old story.

Japan tour dates announcement didn't happen as stated on TTY.
Australia and NZ dates will be announced some time soon, you have to be bit more patient.

I understand it's really frustrating, but it's the same old story.

Japan tour dates announcement didn't happen as stated on TTY.
Australia and NZ dates will be announced some time soon, you have to be bit more patient.

Oh I am. I do feel very positive about Morrissey appearing down under. I know it's going to happen.

I've called the rumoured Australian venues and been told the same thing "no idea". It's a little disappointing, I'm remembering TTY announced something similar like this in May (I think) ... like it's been said by others, be good if they didn't say anything until it was 100% confirmed.

Anyway, if/when it is announced I'll do my best to travel to a few shows if I can. :)

Loads of great concerts and summer festivals have all just gone on sale for dates up until Feb/Mar
So music lovers might be a bit strapped for cash
I think this tour needs to be announced well before tickets go on sale and the shows happen.
If they are indeed in December, this is already looking rushed especially if fans have to travel interstate for the gigs.
I am in Brisbane, and already leaked dates left out my city.
I already have to travel to Sydney to see Dead Can Dance and a few other shows this summer. so I hope there is indeed a Brsbane show!

Here are my thoughts about the current status of the absence of the formal announcements:

- The concept of a “pre-announcement” seems a little strange. It can be very disappointing when it does not convert to a formal announcement (which happened for the Australian and NZ fans at the beginning of last year) but I suppose it is much more exciting than just hearing a “rumour”.

- Contacting the venues at this stage is very unlikely to result in any positive news as you will be usually speaking to someone not involved in the current negotiation of booking the venue and that such negotiations will in any event be confidential.

- It has been very interesting to see the unique places Morrissey has chosen to tour to this year and it is a relief to see that Australia and NZ finally appear to not have been left off this radar.

- I have confidence that formal announcements will be made very soon. However, I am absolutely shocked that the current rumours suggest Brisbane will not be included which is very unusual given its size and healthy dedication to independent music.

Maybe Laneways or the BDO in 2013?

BDO complete lineup has already been announced, no Moz

He could fit at Laneway (they had Echo & The Bunnymen one year), but thats not until Feb 2013.

Meredith is in December, and they have more acts to announce, Primal Scream & Spiritualized are playing and they always book lots of UK indie acts?

I have a feeling if it gets cancelled we're all going to have to meet up anyway and have a group hug with muchas alcohol.

- marred.

The rumored venues have 'no idea'...a week has passed..

...So it's looking good for the Miserable Morrissey Fan Drunkfest!

it's been a week and a day, where are the confirmations for aus!?!?!!!

Yeah I'm staying positive that it'll happen because surely they just can't make an announcement like this a second time and then sweep it under the rug again, they MUST have more integrity than that!
I hope if he does do festival dates like merideth that they don't count as his 4 Aus dates, I'd hate it to be a festival tour or the Melb gig be Merideth as my poor lowly student budget probably wouldn't accommodate for that on such short notice :(

And yeah it doesn't surprise me that the people who called the venues got nowhere, the people you spoke to would either literally just not be privy to that info yet (not their fault) or not be authorized to release it yet. I'm thinking those dates/venues posted on page one are just BS, it'll hopefully be similar but I don think we should treat them as "leaked dates".

Yeah I'm staying positive that it'll happen because surely they just can't make an announcement like this a second time and then sweep it under the rug again, they MUST have more integrity than that!
I hope if he does do festival dates like merideth that they don't count as his 4 Aus dates, I'd hate it to be a festival tour or the Melb gig be Merideth as my poor lowly student budget probably wouldn't accommodate for that on such short notice :(

And yeah it doesn't surprise me that the people who called the venues got nowhere, the people you spoke to would either literally just not be privy to that info yet (not their fault) or not be authorized to release it yet. I'm thinking those dates/venues posted on page one are just BS, it'll hopefully be similar but I don think we should treat them as "leaked dates".

The lady on the phone was nice, but did ask what it was regarding. They must get nutters phoning all the time asking about imaginary gigs.

Are they leaving it this long to torture us? I've been trolling the internet for more news every day since the "pre-announcement" was made, the anticipation is killing me! I'm going to be so SO disappointed if it turns out to be a rumour :( Surely Morrissey wouldn't do that to his fans?

Where does true to you get its info from anyway

Its not Morrissey Official is it?

I have a feeling it won't happen now, why have they gone quiet?

It can't really be a rumor as TTY get their info directly from camp Morrissey themselves, which makes it all the more disappointing if it doesn't turn out to happen... The way the last one was swept under the rug and never mentioned again besides a throw away line months later was pretty shit.
But, as I stay I'm still gonna give this the benefit of the doubt that it'll happen this time, just due to being burned in the past we are all on edge and impatient where if we had never been burned we probably wouldn't be. If he is on some festival line up that could explain the wait, having to wait until the announcement is ready perhaps?

It's like a past lover you still have the hots for calling you up out of the blue suggesting we "get together" sometime, but then you realize you've heard it all before.

Or being a Richmond fan (I'm not!) and every year you are promised hope and begin getting optimistic before that crushing defeat to Carlton in round 1 sets the tone.

...Guess if we don't hear anything by the end of the week, it ain't happening..

Hey Stalkers!

Jimmy Fallon has something called a Band Bench. Not sure if that's something in place when Morrissey plays, but another artist I like tipped me off to it, so it's something to keep your eyes on as the date nears. It's a sweepstakes thing, you gotta enter to sit there.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/about/band-bench/

Back
Top Bottom