New York Times Arts and Leisure section July 13, 2014 - WPINOYB full page ad on back cover

wp_nytimes.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at a bar last night and on the jukebox the album sleeve kept coming on telling people to play songs. someone eventually played morrissey but not any new songs.

Thanks for this, Doc! I subscribe to the NYT online, so I wouldn't have seen this. My mother gets the paper edition, so it's now been set aside safely for me. :)

Oh I know...but I know there was question as to whether or not Mozzer would complain that the label didn’t do all the promo they could, etc.

He probablly still will. All he has to do is point at the chart position (providing it's not clocked the Top 10) for him to think the label's marketing efforts is fair game.

He probablly still will. All he has to do is point at the chart position (providing it's not clocked the Top 10) for him to think the label's marketing efforts is fair game.

HA. I just said the same thing to my wife. “Look at this ad in the NYT, he can’t really complain.....but he will”.

It cost $70,000 for a full page ad in the NYT.

Yes, indeed he still will complain. :lbf:
I was just thinking how much all these ads are going to cost, they are very optimistic. Then again because they have advertised so well he will probably sell much better than the last album.

I was just thinking how much all these ads are going to cost, they are very optimistic. Then again because they have advertised so well he will probably sell much better than the last album.

You have to give them credit-they are putting a lot of money into advertising and he hasn't done a damn thing except half of a tour.

It's a shame the ad is immediately preceded by the two-page NYT review, as it's one of the few that skews negative. There are two nice, big photos, though—I'll add a couple of snaps to the review thread.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom