New York, NY - Theatre at Madison Square Garden (Dec. 2, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Speedway / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / The Bullfighter Dies / How Soon Is Now? / Hold On To Your Friends / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Home Is A Question Mark / I'm Not Sorry // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by docinwestchester.

• Morrissey Covers Pretenders, Honors David Cassidy & Takes Jab at Trump at NYC Show by Joe Lynch - Billboard. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Image posted by docinwestchester:

41626_newyork.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the reason he looks "heavy" in those pictures is the way the Cardigan he is wearing is cut. I have several and they fit awkwardly, tend to stretch out towards the bottom.

Yes on the next episode of Maury Pauvich we find out who’s Morrissey baby’s father is, will it be Boz, Matt, Gustavo, or Jesse.

Is it that? Or is it someone hyper-coddling his delusions of grandeur to the point where it’s harming any recovery he could have because he is the family’s proverbial cash cow. They need to keep him happy so they can keep getting their checks and they think this little bullshit makes him happy and it doesn’t so he acts out and cancels shows as a passive aggressive way to remind his f***ed up family thstbhe has some semblance of control over his life until he cycles back into needing a modicum of normal nurturing like any human and goes back to them exhalting him again. It’s like Million Dollar Baby, Brummie. I’ve been watching it for years. It’s fkd up and i worry about him.
Just like Putin & Soros, Morrissey has an army of paid Troll-Bots. He doesn't understand any of it but his record company/PR are really desperate to undo Spaceygate.....

It was a fantastic gig!
He wasn’t too chatty at first, but he got more chatty and playful as the evening wore on.

At the end of the gig before the encore began he sang a few accapella lines from “I Think I Love You”, presumably as a tribute to David Cassidy, which I thought was a nice touch.

Thanks for posting this, dotmatrix522.

Hazard

A great set list. I guess it's a compliment to Morrissey that he can play 22 songs and people still complain that the show is too short. I still remember the days when he played 14 tracks and was off stage within 50 minutes! :)

Great post. But don't worry, Flibberty, THOSE people will always moan - and groan. They will moan even if Morrissey were to play ALL of his songs, from start to finish, say over 2 dozen nights of fun.......

Hazard
x

Enough with the pictures. It was an excellent show from start to finish. I'm not a big fan of this venue, but I had good seats up close and the sound where I was sitting was surprisingly good. Minor complaint - before the show started, the lines for alcohol were way too long and slow moving. I had to bail out in order to get to my seat on time. Moz sounded great. His voice was pretty much perfect. The new songs were well received, I thought. When the opening harpsichord riff of Spent The Day In Bed was played, there was actually an audible positive reaction from the audience, which must have made Moz feel quite happy.

Regarding the setlist: No Meat Is Murder - yeah! I'll never be happy with the Speedway ending. Chain Gang is a highlight. Glamorous Glue rocks. I really liked the set closers Home Is a Question Mark / I'm Not Sorry. World Peace is an awful song, especially live, so I wouldn't miss that if he dropped it.

I'll be posting a lot of video.

Thanks for sharing those photos and your post above, DocinWestChester.

Hazard

I was at MSG pretty much in direct line in front of docinwinchester based on their photos, but two people away from the stage. Despite being utterly distracted by the chick in front of me who videoed herself singing all the Morrissey songs to herself and not looking at him at all, it was a decent crowd but for one a$$hole behind us who kept yelling "take off your top" to Morrissey, which wasn't funny the first time and less so the 12th time. Morrissey replied to him something along the lines of be patient, but don't hold your breath because it's not written in stone. And indeed he did not take off his top. I hate hecklers, and this guy served no purpose.

I thought Morrissey was in fine form and the band sounds great, especially on the new tunes. I think Moz was sick in D.C. (I was also there) and was backing off some of the higher notes and was wiping his nose and coughing a bit. He seemed improved in NYC.

As a newly converted vegetarian (almost 4 years) I'd remind whomever said it up-thread that being vegetarian does not mean being thin. It doesn't happen that way. You don't eat vegetables all the time and in fact some of the protein sources to replace meats are higher in calories and fat than if you just ate chicken or fish and then there is the misguided tendency to eat more carbs to fill the void. A lot of non-vegetarians and vegans don't know that. I went up in weight initially until I figured it all out.

Onwards Boston.

I wrote that message. I am vegan and practice intermittent fasting. I don't eat animals, eat organic always (even on food stamps lol, until I got off them), don't wear or eat leather, don't drink milk, won't eat tofu (not good for men), and often eat raw vegetables only, no cooking. I also go to a gym 4x a week to build muscle. What I don't do is drink copious amounts of booze and give deranged interviews.
EVERY vegetarian is a walking advertisement for ending animal suffering, like it or not. I am 50 years old and I look good - for the ANIMALS

I wrote that message. I am vegan and practice intermittent fasting. I don't eat animals, eat organic always (even on food stamps lol, until I got off them), don't wear or eat leather, don't drink milk, won't eat tofu (not good for men), and often eat raw vegetables only, no cooking. I also go to a gym 4x a week to build muscle. What I don't do is drink copious amounts of booze and give deranged interviews.
EVERY vegetarian is a walking advertisement for ending animal suffering, like it or not. I am 50 years old and I look good - for the ANIMALS

Let me pick you up on a couple of points here. You always eat organic - why? DO you believe its better for you, or is it the provenance? Secondly - on Tofu being bad for men - have you been to China?

I believe the reason he looks "heavy" in those pictures is the way the Cardigan he is wearing is cut. I have several and they fit awkwardly, tend to stretch out towards the bottom.
I've had a few myself. He still looks great but I'm wishing this cardi off 2 a better place.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom