New York, NY - Theatre at Madison Square Garden (Dec. 2, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Speedway / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / The Bullfighter Dies / How Soon Is Now? / Hold On To Your Friends / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Home Is A Question Mark / I'm Not Sorry // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by docinwestchester.

• Morrissey Covers Pretenders, Honors David Cassidy & Takes Jab at Trump at NYC Show by Joe Lynch - Billboard. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Image posted by docinwestchester:

41626_newyork.jpg

Last edited:
Did he play Who Will Protect Us From The Police? I saw it on a recent set-list, and I wonder how that sounds live. It is a rocker on the album!

Yes he did, it's OK, nothing special though.

There are so many songs in his catalog I would prefer to hear.

A great set list. I guess it's a compliment to Morrissey that he can play 22 songs and people still complain that the show is too short. I still remember the days when he played 14 tracks and was off stage within 50 minutes! :)

Enough with the pictures. It was an excellent show from start to finish. I'm not a big fan of this venue, but I had good seats up close and the sound where I was sitting was surprisingly good. Minor complaint - before the show started, the lines for alcohol were way too long and slow moving. I had to bail out in order to get to my seat on time. Moz sounded great. His voice was pretty much perfect. The new songs were well received, I thought. When the opening harpsichord riff of Spent The Day In Bed was played, there was actually an audible positive reaction from the audience, which must have made Moz feel quite happy.

Regarding the setlist: No Meat Is Murder - yeah! I'll never be happy with the Speedway ending. Chain Gang is a highlight. Glamorous Glue rocks. I really liked the set closers Home Is a Question Mark / I'm Not Sorry. World Peace is an awful song, especially live, so I wouldn't miss that if he dropped it.

I'll be posting a lot of video.

Last edited:
In the after party I ran into David Johansson from New York Dolls, Britt Daniel from Spoon and the kid from the cover of the new album. While Morrissey never comes to the parties, Boz was the only band member who showed.

His voice was spot on tonight.

Enjoyed the show as always Moz! Come back soon!

In the after party I ran into David Johansson from New York Dolls, Britt Daniel from Spoon and the kid from the cover of the new album. While Morrissey never comes to the parties, Boz was the only band member who showed.
His voice was spot on tonight.

A picture from said party courtesy of his mother:
1661465732791635658.jpg

And a great pic:
1661439844095642027.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

I reckon why are all the Uncle Steve fans at concerts outside of Moz Angeles and Southern California so old? I reckon those New Yarkers look like old Brittish people.

I reckon why are all the Uncle Steve fans at concerts outside of Moz Angeles and Southern California so old? I reckon those New Yarkers look like old Brittish people.

Actually, it was a relatively young audience I thought. Most of the concerts I go to are full of middle age men like myself. Not at Moz in NYC though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom