New York, NY - Terminal 5 (Oct. 13, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You're The One For Me, Fatty / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Everyday Is Like Sunday / To Give (The Reason I Live) / You Have Killed Me / Spring-Heeled Jim / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Maladjusted / Speedway / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far Off Places // Still Ill

set list provided by Amsden

• Photo from @dreampropoganda / Twitter. Link posted by drmprop.

terminal5_2.jpg
  • I Followed Morrissey Around For A Week by Amy Rose Spiegel - BuzzFeed. Link posted by Amy Rose.
  • New York, New York 2012-10-13 (Morrissey concert) - Morrissey-solo Wiki

Last edited:
This was one of the better shows I've seen among the seventeen I have seen now. Security confused me, as Morrissey's personal guard was running forward to bat people away as Morrissey clearly wanted them to make the stage. The girl passed out right in front of us by the bar. She got up and left with her friend. Security arrived about ten minutes later. The set list was just fine. If we don't know that he will play for roughly 65 minutes and throw in some songs that make it interesting for him, we, as a group of fans have outlandish expectations. Moz was not overly energetic or chatty, but what he said was witty. Kristen Young was abysmal as usual. Maladjusted and I Know it's Over were superb. Speedway was amazing with the poem inserted....very unique. I wish he had done the Power to the People intro to Maladjusted as he did in Tel Aviv, but I know that my wishes are irrelevant. I just appreciate the opportunity to see him.

I was about 15 feet from the stage, left side. You couldn't have missed me i'm pretty sure I was the tallest guy in the crowd - my apologies to everyone behind me. Was kind of surprised by two things:

1. At the encore the youthful guys rushing the stage would climb on to people's backs (people who clearly didn't want people on their back) - to try and crowd surf their way to get on stage. While doing this I saw multiple people get kicked in the head by the crowd surfers.

2. WTF is up with the entitled kids who after the concert starts and everyone has calmly staked out their place in the crowd with weaving/shoving their way forward. It's general admission and there's an unwritten code of conduct - I was about to be the first guy to get into a fist fight at a Morrissey concert because of how rude some of these dudes were. I literally had to block people from shoving their way past me.

Otherwise I had a good time. I would have given anything to meet the cute girl who was standing in front of me in the concert. But i'm a Morrissey fan and don't have enough courage except to glance at her from time to time.

umm..there are usually multiple fist fights at morrissey shows..people are animals..

I was about to be the first guy to get into a fist fight at a Morrissey concert because of how rude some of these dudes were. I literally had to block people from shoving their way past me.

I was about 15 feet from the stage, left side. You couldn't have missed me i'm pretty sure I was the tallest guy in the crowd - my apologies to everyone behind me. Was kind of surprised by two things:

1. At the encore the youthful guys rushing the stage would climb on to people's backs (people who clearly didn't want people on their back) - to try and crowd surf their way to get on stage. While doing this I saw multiple people get kicked in the head by the crowd surfers.

2. WTF is up with the entitled kids who after the concert starts and everyone has calmly staked out their place in the crowd with weaving/shoving their way forward. It's general admission and there's an unwritten code of conduct - I was about to be the first guy to get into a fist fight at a Morrissey concert because of how rude some of these dudes were. I literally had to block people from shoving their way past me.

Otherwise I had a good time. I would have given anything to meet the cute girl who was standing in front of me in the concert. But i'm a Morrissey fan and don't have enough courage except to glance at her from time to time.

About the cute girl...YOLO!

It was my first Morrissey live show. I am 40 and have been a fan since I was 13, the show was great and it mean't a lot to me to be there. Agree with the positive comments about the setlist, nice mix.

I too was surprised by some of the rudeness at the show, in particular those 2 blonde slags next to me that slimed their way up front. Everyone was so annoyed by them and I told them "you two are so annoying. get the f*** out of here!". This is unlike me but I really wanted to punch these bitches. I too was on the left side about 4 rows in. Despite those 2 slags, it was indeed a beautiful show, especially Meat Is Murder. I threw Moz a "cow-hugger" tote. Hope he received it.

It's a part of being in NYC unfortunately. It's rudeness; been living here my entire life. :D

I got injured at Terminal 5 from those stage invaders who randomly climb over your head to reach the stage.
I wasn't seriously hurt, but it sure is a wake-up call.

Glad you had a good time despite all this. And I also saw several others shove their way down front and eventually make it to the barrier.
NYC is not the easiest of places to see a show. Or to work, stay, live or breathe in general.

umm..there are usually multiple fist fights at morrissey shows..people are animals..

At one show I saw a guy get socked in the jaw and a man behind me tried to stick his hands in my pants. :squiffy: The pit can get freaky deaky. That show kinda scared me from Moz pit (actually all concert pits) for awhile, but it seems better lately. :o

Fighting your way to the front is an absolute requirement. I can't understand those who don't understand this. If we all got into a venue, stood where we could, being careful not to touch or bump each other, just sway around and occasionally wave your hands in the air, as long as you didn't bother the person behind obviously. How depressing how joyless, fight for your spot or step back your going to kill the vibe. Look at the videos of early shows Wolverhampton or dallas, any Smiths gig mad wild mosh pits, passionate, sweat drenched, life affirming events, all these tree hugger types who que from 6 in the morning so they can be sure to be close enough to be able to hand over a tear stained missive, or a cuddle a fox badge, or another bloody copy of the works of some gay poet or other, all killing the live experience, get out of the way we need to dance.

Did anyone at Saturday's show happen to find a small white button that said "Bleakley"? I loved that button, as it sums up life, albeit in a misspelled manner. If you happened to have found it and desire to make my life slightly less bleak, could you reply? It takes guts to be gentle and kind.

Back
Top Bottom