New York, NY - Terminal 5 (Oct. 12, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Maladjusted / You're The One For Me, Fatty / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Black Cloud / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Speedway / Spring-Heeled Jim / You Have Killed Me / Fantastic Bird / People Are The Same Everywhere / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Let Me Kiss You / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far Off Places // Still Ill

set list provided by Amsden and also FROSTY

Last edited:
Francoise Hardy, "All Over the World"

What was the name of the woman in the black-and-white video before Morrissey's set? The one where she's riding through the city on top of a limo?

Last edited by a moderator:
I came in having been "warned" about the "Meat is Murder" montage that Moz does about three-quarters of the way through the set. Was it unpleasant? Yes. Was it an imposition? Yes. But it was also the most impressive thing I've ever seen an artist do for his audience... blah blah blah

You know, a PETA apology is one thing, but I knew you were a plant when you said that Terminal 5 is an awesome venue. Nice try, but you need to go back to troll school. You are too easy to spot.

Anyone Else?

I was pleasantly surprised at how tight and rocking the first part of the set was. And, a good balance of rock and hate torch songs. But really ... 60 minute set and one encore? That's cheesy, and at $80 a pop to walk through the doors I would hope for more. Still it was a quality 75 minutes, but an artist of such importance and catalog should play at least another 30 minutes. I guess he picked up Jack White disease visiting RCMH recently.

Got there late as he began Maladjusted. Spent the entire evening bopping amidst the clueless throngs who were just waiting for Everyday is Like Sunday and Still Ill. Moz and the band sounded great, but what a pathetic milieu. Here's hoping tomorrow night I get in earlier and get in the pit (and try and love someone!).

Ah, those clueless throngs and their love for the days when Morrissey made great music.

I just hope you got there in time for one of his amazing new songs.

214854d1344829727-funny-strange-random-pics-retard.jpg

Love the hate on here--"Spent the entire evening bopping amidst the clueless throngs who were just waiting for Everyday is Like Sunday and Still Ill...but what a pathetic milieu..." and "Same mediocre song list, different order. Cash grab. Mehrissey." Uh, if you saw the Smiths at the Hacienda or something, why pay $75 to see Morrissey in NYC, anyway? This isn't going to be "Live in Dallas," either--two decades have past since then. If you love the entire catalog including the rarest, newest, oldest, bestest, or unreleasedest Moz tracks, give younger fans a chance to discover those, too. Lots of people get into Morrissey via the Smiths work or the more established solo classics, but that doesn't mean they aren't now lifelong Morrissey fans or that you have some monopoly on his work. More power to Morrissey for selling out--literally and figuratively--he's not even pimping an album and can pack and rock a crowd, sell a ton of overpriced merch, and initiate a ton of new kids into his cult. Just because not everyone's bopping, doesn't mean they're not listening and fixated on what is largely a great f--ing evening, anytime, anywhere he plays. My only fear is that the clueless throngs will develop into some of the horrible fans I see at every show--roided up and complaining that Morrissey didn't play the track meant for them (and only them).

Love the hate on here--"Spent the entire evening bopping amidst the clueless throngs who were just waiting for Everyday is Like Sunday and Still Ill...but what a pathetic milieu..." and "Same mediocre song list, different order. Cash grab. Mehrissey." Uh, if you saw the Smiths at the Hacienda or something, why pay $75 to see Morrissey in NYC, anyway? This isn't going to be "Live in Dallas," either--two decades have past since then. If you love the entire catalog including the rarest, newest, oldest, bestest, or unreleasedest Moz tracks, give younger fans a chance to discover those, too. Lots of people get into Morrissey via the Smiths work or the more established solo classics, but that doesn't mean they aren't now lifelong Morrissey fans or that you have some monopoly on his work. More power to Morrissey for selling out--literally and figuratively--he's not even pimping an album and can pack and rock a crowd, sell a ton of overpriced merch, and initiate a ton of new kids into his cult. Just because not everyone's bopping, doesn't mean they're not listening and fixated on what is largely a great f--ing evening, anytime, anywhere he plays. My only fear is that the clueless throngs will develop into some of horrible fans I see at every show--roided up and complaining that Morrissey didn't play the track meant for them (and only them).

Great post!!! :thumb:

I continue to buy tickets, hoping he will keep the set fresh but he has not in so long! Some people certainly come to his defense about this, attacking anyone who suggests or hopes that he rotates his selection better than he has in recent days and that's perfectly okay. But I am a fan of his MUSIC and many others are too yet so many others seem to be fans of the MAN and the music which puts them in a strange place, never believing he can make poor decisions which he is notorious for in my estimation. It's a shame I will be seeing nearly all the sames songs I just saw live with him on the last tour, a few times. If it wasn't for the Stooges, my LA tickets would have been long gone I'm afraid.

Morrissey has made quite a few songs that are not altogether bad, but they are not very good. He seems to be sticking to these on his tours, and always says "it's the best he's ever done". They do not have the pop quality, Morrissey genius or strengths that were with him for so long that would have labels pushing to help him. He is without a label after all. He chooses to do it his way and that's quite alright. His way, though commendable in some areas, has not been a sure bet for him professionally speaking.

Music artists do, at some point, lose their creative edge. He seems to have lost his.

His tours were always exciting because each tour set was different from the last, save for a song or two. However, it seems that has been sticking with the same bundle of songs on the last two-three
tours I have caught him on in the U.S.

Anyway, just wondering if others are like-minded about this...

Sad son,

No matter what you think of dear Morrissey....Jesse Tobias still sucks.

We'll let you know.

Saw this and the Radio City show; Terminal 5 Friday night was much better, but that's bound to be the case when it's much louder and a small, intimate venue. It was a good crowd, but Morrissey certainly tests people's patience with a pretty eclectic song list. But that's also what I like about him; if he just played solo and Morrissey hits, he could have the place on fire for the entire time, but that's not what he wants to do or who he wants to be. He doesn't have a label to please or a record to promote, and if we don't like it we can stop coming. Personally, it was fun to hear songs I never thought I'd hear ("Maladjusted"), so I thought it was a great show. The only thing is that Boz Boorer is seeming pretty, well, bored. When Morrissey threw his shirt into the audience near the end of the set, and a tussle began for it, Boz watched with some bemusement until he finally arched an eyebrow and turned away, looking disgusted. In addition to that, he seemed uninterested throughout; I guess after 20+ years of it, he's over it.

People say Morrissey doesn't stop moaning but it's nothing compared to some of his fans.

I continue to buy tickets, hoping he will keep the set fresh but he has not in so long! Some people certainly come to his defense about this, attacking anyone who suggests or hopes that he rotates his selection better than he has in recent days and that's perfectly okay. But I am a fan of his MUSIC and many others are too yet so many others seem to be fans of the MAN and the music which puts them in a strange place, never believing he can make poor decisions which he is notorious for in my estimation. It's a shame I will be seeing nearly all the sames songs I just saw live with him on the last tour, a few times. If it wasn't for the Stooges, my LA tickets would have been long gone I'm afraid.

Morrissey has made quite a few songs that are not altogether bad, but they are not very good. He seems to be sticking to these on his tours, and always says "it's the best he's ever done". They do not have the pop quality, Morrissey genius or strengths that were with him for so long that would have labels pushing to help him. He is without a label after all. He chooses to do it his way and that's quite alright. His way, though commendable in some areas, has not been a sure bet for him professionally speaking.

Music artists do, at some point, lose their creative edge. He seems to have lost his.

His tours were always exciting because each tour set was different from the last, save for a song or two. However, it seems that has been sticking with the same bundle of songs on the last two-three

Very well said. It is a shame that Morrissey keeps pushing out the same sorry songs--Black Cloud, to name one. He has such a vast catalog that for him to rehash the same core group each tour is pretty shitty on his part. He is definitely padding his retirement fund--he is not out there performing for his fans as a gesture of good will. As long as people are buying, he will keep on doing the same.

Lots of people probably feel that way...but most of them don't post here. Didn't you see the masthead when you logged on here?

"All Criticism Abandon, Ye Who Enter Here"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom