New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall (Oct. 10, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / You Have Killed Me / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / You're The One For Me, Fatty / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Spring-Heeled Jim / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Let Me Kiss You / Speedway / I Know It's Over / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I'm OK By Myself // Still Ill

set list provided by MORRIZSEY

Last edited:
Mixed feelings. First time seeing Moz overseas as an exiled Brit. Good not great set but no surprises. Thought Moz sounded fantastic as did the band. But the crowd!?!? There were those around me who seemed confused - basically they only perked up during Smiths songs. I've never left a Mozzer gig without being soaked in sweat. Not tonight. Maybe I'm getting old. Still can't beat belting out the words to Still Ill. It just wasn't like the old days anymore...

is it any surprise? everyone wants The Smiths back.....had enough of this current 'band' cough cough

You mean Jesse flubbing 'Still Ill' from 00:23-00:30?

Considering Morrissey only sang about 30% of the song properly your criticism of Jesse seems a tad out of place.

Complaints about length of setlists are predictable but then I saw Radiohead on Tues night in the soulless cavenous O2 Arena in London and they did 2 and a 1/4 hours. With two encores. Of 3 songs each.

I would have thought a show in a prestigious New York venue would have seen Morrissey pull out a few surprises but then he's always been a West Coast kinda guy... if you get my drift :)

Because you're creepy. And now you're involving a kid in your pointless scheme? Classy.

Also if you think I am in a race with you to point out that Morrissey makes projections come true, you are dead wrong. He's not a f***ing puppet to make your pointless predictions come true. There's also no application to your theories. So he accepts a blue rose? Now what? Does that make you the new Long Island Medium? Have fun with that gig. Also he accepted your dumb blue rose years ago. KY is a LUBE and her stage presence is as thorny as a rose, your little prediction has been on stage for years. Time to pack up the crazy van, shut down your pointless society and let Kyle have a good night sleep on a f***ing school night no less.

Why do you even bother posting on a Morrissey forum if you hate the man so much? All I am saying is that #BlueRose got fulfilled today and you are still too blind to see the truth!

Considering Morrissey only sang about 30% of the song properly

And just what exactly does "properly" mean? Surely you're not so shallow, stupid and an enemy of live music that you mean "exactly like the record"...?

What truth? You said someone would bring him a blue rose and then someone did. What does that prove? The most all this means is that Morrissey reads that lameo blog and is playing along. It still doesn't mean anything.

You said it well.. I also think the lighting was awful because he was in the dark the whole time except a couple of quick moments. It's also weird seeing him in that venue ... selling popcorn and candy in the lobby just kind of cheapened it for me ... however, that is not the venue's fault ... anyway, I look forward to the Terminal Five gig on Friday.

ive seen pretty much every moz show in NYC since kill uncle. gotta say, i am always uplifted , but tonite didnt feel it. some family problems at home might have dimmed my head, and i was counting on moz to see me thru, but it didnt happen. i thought the sound mix was poor, his voice was buried, and a bit bright or tinny. i was in the 10th row, and probably they mix for the center to back of the house, its quite large. maybe i should give them a pass on that. i felt if you didnt know the words already, you were lost, and what is moz without words? i looked for more ballads, less power chords and general rock noise. even the few ballads were a bit tepid. i think the roseland and beacon shows in 99/2000 were the pinnacle. the apollo gigs neck and neck with them. cost me a pretty penny tonite, 375 for two tickets, a days pay from work, 250.00 . oh well ps- kristeen young is as bad as they say. i had to go to the lobby for her set. she jerks her body like elaine on seinfeld dancing at j petermans xmas party. pounds the piano and just wails. if she did the set naked, i might have lasted 2 more songs.

ps - kudos to moz on the animal suffering videos. i'm a veg, but it totally reinforced my commitment. what a sad species were are to do that to animals, and not care.

What truth? You said someone would bring him a blue rose and then someone did. What does that prove? The most all this means is that Morrissey reads that lameo blog and is playing along. It still doesn't mean anything.

moz has been reading the 'lameo' blog for a long time, as all the coincidences prove quite clearly. That is all we're saying and it's true - it could easily be proven in a court of law.

Why do you even bother posting on a Morrissey forum if you hate the man so much? All I am saying is that #BlueRose got fulfilled today and you are still too blind to see the truth!

What truth?

Question: The audio that played before he took the stage, I couldn't hear all of it clearly, but it sounded like a litany of objectionable people and circumstances... does anyone know where that came from and/or how to get a transcript/copy?

Struck me as very interesting stuff, what little I could make out...

Thanks.

I don't know why you guys complain so much. I got not 1, but 2 full beers spilled on me by a drunk douche bag who kept screaming at me to get out of his seat, which of course, was MY seat. He finally realized he was being crazy when his equally drunk girlfriend intervened and said:" BOB, our seats are two over, I THINK YOU SPILLED YOUR DRINK ON HER"

I bet he works for viacom.

How amazing is MEAT IS MURDER+FILM segment? Definitely worth the beer Bukkake. Viva MORRISSEY!

Question: The audio that played before he took the stage, I couldn't hear all of it clearly, but it sounded like a litany of objectionable people and circumstances... does anyone know where that came from and/or how to get a transcript/copy?

Struck me as very interesting stuff, what little I could make out...

Thanks.
Imperfect List by Big Cold Hard Excellent Fish

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrissey should be worrying about getting some of his creative juices back and getting rid of most (if not all) of his current band--especially if he is somehow responsible for, or a part of that stupid society. He is not Oscar Wilde--never will be--and never will be compared to him. Look at Morrissey's latest lyrics, and there is not anything close to the wit and eloquence of Wilde.

Of course, all of those with their heads tucked fully up his arse will disagree.

Morrissey, starting off with Last Night.... is certainly an energy sucker.

Loved the show last night......though I too would have liked a few more songs.....it did go quick......but I liked the set-list for the most part

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me - Glad to finally hear it live....
You Have Killed Me - Sounded good.....
The Youngest Was The Most Loved - ok....
You're The One For Me, Fatty - Great....loved it
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris - Nice song....
Shoplifters Of The World Unite - Excellent....
Everyday Is Like Sunday - Excellent.....
Ouija Board, Ouija Board - Sounded great.....awesome live....
Black Cloud - Good song....
Spring-Heeled Jim - Great live last night....
People Are The Same Everywhere - Good song.....great bass....
Meat Is Murder - The boys rocked it out.....disturbing images on the screen....
To Give (The Reason I Live) - Nice cover....
Let Me Kiss You - Nice song...
Speedway - Loved it......one of my favorites....
I Know It's Over - Incredible song.....highlight of the night for me....
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell - good song....
I'm OK By Myself - Ok....
----
Still Ill - Was wondering if it was going to be this or HSIN........both would have been awesome.....but this was great......

Next stop for me will be the finale in AC! Have a great tour Moz.....

moz has been reading the 'lameo' blog for a long time, as all the coincidences prove quite clearly. That is all we're saying and it's true - it could easily be proven in a court of law.

But Moz is handed a lot of shit on stage and has like half a second to register what it is while singing and putting on a show and etc, etc. Why are dreams coming true because someone you enlisted to give him a blue rose gave him a blue rose and he took it? :squiffy: I prophesize I'm about to take a dump. OMG THERE'S POOH IN THE TOILET IT'S A f***ING MIRACLE!!!! (Actually I'm in the parking lot of Michaels about to go buy some paper. :p)

as ticket prices go up ,1hr 20m gigs are unacceptable. period.

Back
Top Bottom