New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden (June 27, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // Now My Heart Is Full

setlist provided by Amsden

Last edited:
Indeed the NME's report as mentioned previously:
http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/86580
Includes tweet with photo 'proof'.
I was going to say I'm Switzerland in this debate, but am sure a cheese reference would appear. So I just posted the link and am now backing out of the room so to speak :)
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
Indeed the NME's report as mentioned previously:
http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/86580
Includes tweet with photo 'proof'.
I was going to say I'm Switzerland in this debate, but am sure a cheese reference would appear. So I just posted the link and am now backing out of the room so to speak :)
Regards,
FWD

Brilliant ! Well done to the N M E !
Let's spread the word on this CrankFraud aka TOSSERREY

WHAT'S HIS EXCUSE NOW ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I'm with you, Doc.

Bullshit once again ! Limp-wristed kop out.

Why don't we demand Silly Steven sues M S G ? Come on let's get behind Steven and demand he sues the arse off them for serving meat at his meat free performance !
All settlement's donated to animal causes !

Are you with me people ?

Brilliant ! Well done to the N M E !
Let's spread the word on this CrankFraud aka TOSSERREY

WHAT'S HIS EXCUSE NOW ?

f***, you are a total wanker. Did you NOT read the article?

"A statement from Madison Square Garden reads: "We changed the menu in the public areas for the show on Saturday night and didn’t make the same changes in the private areas. This was an oversight and will be fixed the next time."

Some turd didn't make the changes! Not Moz's fault.

the peeps at MSG were probably having a big laugh while typing the press release. what a hoot and a holler. an oversight. the entire upper echelon sections served a huge selection of meat and fish platter but it was an oversight LOL

Here is the place in the set where Morrissey lost 70% of the audience:

Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores /

Of songs played in 2014/2015, these four could have been:

First of the Gang to Die / You Have Killed Me / Stop Me if You Think That You've Heard This One Before / Disappointed or Certain People I Know

The result? A better and more appropriate set for the setting he was in. And he could still play his precious MIM with the horror video accompaniment, if he must.

Last edited:
Its funny..As I said earlier in the thread I left the front after Alma because it was too rowdy were I was for my tastes and I really needed a beer. But as I watched from the back of the GA area around this time, I thought to myself, you know the show has really slowed down. Had I hung in there for another song or two I'm sure it would have all been fine.

Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores /

First of the Gang to Die / You Have Killed Me / Stop Me if You Think That You've Heard This One Before / Disappointed or Certain People I Know

The result? A better and more appropriate set for the setting he was in. And he could still play his precious MIM with the horror video accompaniment, if he must.

f***, you are a total wanker. Did you NOT read the article?

"A statement from Madison Square Garden reads: "We changed the menu in the public areas for the show on Saturday night and didn’t make the same changes in the private areas. This was an oversight and will be fixed the next time."

Some turd didn't make the changes! Not Moz's fault.

Piss poor to be honest ! It doesn't wash, the artist should have had his people sweep the building to check his strict requests had been met. The fact is HE DID NOT ! The blame therefore falls directly at his feet. And what of his strong sense of smell, being able to smell meat miles away ? ( I as and when it suites ).

" Benny butcher comes crashing down
33 years of cheese is a long time
I tried living without it but it was just hell
I ate more before I even began "

"Cheese addicts of the world unite and take over
CrankFraud hypocrites of the world unite and take over
Not animal friendly old pop performers
Hand it over ! "

Its funny..As I said earlier in the thread I left the front after Alma because it was too rowdy were I was for my tastes and I really needed a beer. But as I watched from the back of the GA area around this time, I thought to myself, you know the show has really slowed down. Had I hung in there for another song or two I'm sure it would have all been fine.

I don't know. I think that part of the pit was just really rowdy. There were two were rowdy guys in particular that stuck out to me for a variety of reasons and I remember them really loving Mama Lay Me Softly on the Riverbed. Which I have nothing against that song, but I was just like really? They should go on some sort of Moz solo lyrics quiz show as I think they would be certain to win a ton of money.

It was by far the rowdiest crowd I'd been in at a Moz show or any show for that matter.

Thank you. My Orpheus (good work!) was great, again, last night...sooooo happy to have seen him twice in one week and I COMPLETELY understand why so many people follow him everywhere. The feeling before, during and after the show simply cannot be beat. It's like a hot bath on a cold day. :)

Jude was stoked! He is an avid drummer and he thoroughly enjoyed Matt's playing. Thanks to the little guy, I ended up paying much more attention this time to Matt (and Mando, as per his drum instructor's "homework" assignment) and I will say that Matt is pretty damn awesome on the drums. Early on, I did have someone tell me to come down to GA and they'd get me in, but I didn't wanna leave Fred and Jude high and dry in the upper section...against their pleas for me to go down there into the pit (which seemed very tame, btw, except during the shirt toss...which was a madhouse)...and part of me is bummed I didn't go down to GA, but more of me is happy I got to see my kid so happy. Judging by the action in the pit, Jude actually could have survived it. Maybe next time he'll be one of the kids to get up there and nab a hug...er...maybe not because "I'm shy." (<----- LOL, Fred) Jude also mentioned how neat it is that Morrissey does what he does for the animals and was prepped for MiM, which he didn't watch...for obvious reasons. That was pretty heartwarming to hear.

That being said, I don't think I'll ever be able to see Morrissey in concert again and not be in a closer spot. The energy is different at the back with all the casual fans or nostalgia catchers and I wanted to turn to all those mute, dull people, sitting on their fat asses next to me, and scream, "STAND UP! THIS IS MORRISSEY!" The front is where you need to be if you're not just going to hear The Smiths' songs to remember your days in high school/college. Unless, unless this incident was merely because the venue was absolutely HUGE compared to The Academy in Philadelphia? Anyone else notice the difference?

Matt is an unbelievable drummer. I just don't know why he would want to waste his time and abilities in a band with Jesse Tobias in it.

Were they bald with facial hair and tattoos? If so I was right in from of them. They basically leaned on me the entire time only to let up to take photos..
I don't know. I think that part of the pit was just really rowdy. There were two were rowdy guys in particular that stuck out to me for a variety of reasons and I remember them really loving Mama Lay Me Softly on the Riverbed. Which I have nothing against that song, but I was just like really? They should go on some sort of Moz solo lyrics quiz show as I think they would be certain to win a ton of money.

It was by far the rowdiest crowd I'd been in at a Moz show or any show for that matter.

i disagree! 'neal cassady' is perfect hit! live versions are adorable.

A bit squished down front, but a lovely night in general. While I'm preferential to the older stuff & Smiths material, can't say enough about how great his voice was and the energy the band brought by & large. Here are some videos I got of both Morrissey & Blondie.

One Way Or Another
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPBd2yUtvgs

The Tide Is High
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG0YGF_z2Gk

The Queen Is Dead (apologies for not getting in focus)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajZs4PsXa9w

Ganglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NORancuUcJQ

Every Day Is Like Sunday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzLuHrBRcy4

I Will See You In Far Off Places
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C72r58Br0T4

What She Said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kickko9BMuI

Now My Heart Is Full
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFsJsWsefuc

I sent you another PM on YouTube.

Show rocked the Garden. Blondie kicked it off with an awesome setlist and Morrissey followed with a very nice mix of songs!!!!! Had an awesome time with my sis!!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom