New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden (June 27, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // Now My Heart Is Full

setlist provided by Amsden

Last edited:
I did enjoy Blondie, Debbie Harry still has it at 70. Thought they really got the mood going. Morrissey looked and sounded absolutely wonderful. I do agree maybe the setlist could have been less World Peace but I did enjoy Staircase at the University a lot. We were front row, hope the girl was alright that had to be lifted over the railing. Minus a really rude German guy that kept hitting people with his arms as he carelessly flailed them, the crowd was very into it.

Besides Bill maher......... He seemed to be looking good, fit healthy and sung well. The shirt is not as good as the one on fallon but spiffy. Did anyone like Blondie. Did she look good? I don't mind him playing WPINOB live even though i dislike it. Seeing Morrissey live is good enough, but he could have pulled out a little showstopper. To go with the grandios feeling of msg
Bill Maher for President! Let's make it happen.

Holy shit. I was just watching a clip from Morrissey's 1991 concert at MSG and the difference in energy is staggering. It's like he is a totally different person! Compare Mick Jagger (who is 16 years older) from 1991 to now and his energy and look are essentially the same, whereas Moz went from being a thin young man to...an older, heavy-set, gray hair barely there (the trademark quiff--gone), conservative looking guy.

I did enjoy Blondie, Debbie Harry still has it at 70. Thought they really got the mood going. Morrissey looked and sounded absolutely wonderful. I do agree maybe the setlist could have been less World Peace but I did enjoy Staircase at the University a lot. We were front row, hope the girl was alright that had to be lifted over the railing. Minus a really rude German guy that kept hitting people with his arms as he carelessly flailed them, the crowd was very into it.

She repeatedly asked security for water and they told her she had to buy a bottle (for $5), and she passed out from dehydration. She's ok.

were you expecting him to pull off this move like he did during Mute Witness??

Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 11.07.07 AM.png

Holy shit. I was just watching a clip from Morrissey's 1991 concert at MSG and the difference in energy is staggering. It's like he is a totally different person! Compare Mick Jagger (who is 16 years older) from 1991 to now and his energy and look are essentially the same, whereas Moz went from being a thin young man to...an older, heavy-set, gray hair barely there (the trademark quiff--gone), conservative looking guy.

dudes, the place was more than half empty and blondie got a better reception than moz.

bill maher rocks. islam is just another superstition like any other religion only more so.

its a world peace tour and not a greatest hits and i really like that he doesnt do greatest hit sets. in think it somewhat crazy the expectations that people have of morrissey. he exists more in peoples own minds than he does in reality most of the time. it seems like people dont really know much about him or his personality sometimes

Again. No one can stop the aging process and all control over the development of your own body has its limits. As Moz said himself: "It’s the only body that I have. I can’t reveal any other." I find it unnecessary to use this against a person.

How sweet ...

NY lights ‏@nylightsmusic 23 Min.
An amazing night with this guy last night

CImLIaYWIAA4U-F.jpg

I don't understand how everyone fawns over MSG 1991. Apart from the energy, which was obviously better than today (from Moz and the crowd), he didn't play a greatest hits set either. It's people's standards and demands which have changed apparently. The reason why Moz is less energetic today is quite obvious, really, but as age doesn't count in some people's minds because there are some 70 years old "superheroes" out there who act like 20-years-olds, we still know that he hadn't a easy ride the last few years. So, there you go. The reason why the crowd was more energetic in 1991 had, in my humble opinion, absolutely nothing to do with the setlist. As sad as it is, I go so far to say, that a huge amount of the audience back then didn't give a shit about what Moz was playing. They just wanted to see the man.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand how everyone fawns over MSG 1991. Apart from the energy, which was obviously better than today (from Moz and the crowd), he didn't play a greatest hits set either. It's people's standards and demands which have changed apparently. The reason why Moz is less energetic today is quite obvious, really, but as age doesn't count in some people's minds because there are some 70 years old "superheroes" out there who act like 20-years-olds, we still know that he hadn't a easy ride the last few years. So, there you go. The reason why the crowd was more energetic in 1991 had, in my humble opinion, absolutely nothing to do with the setlist. As sad as it is, I go so far to say, that a huge amount of the audience back then didn't give a shit about what Moz was playing. They just wanted to see the man.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Morrissey list Bill maher as one of his choices. Are you retarded moz? Bill maher is awful. His gross critique of muslims is stupid. Dragging a comb over all muslims. Stupid bastards. Anyone over that Bill maher. I spit in his face if i see Bill. There is few points agree with bill about. Awful awful creature. Supporting the death penalty, the iraq war and racial profiling in airports.What a absolut c***
I hope you were kidding moz. I lost respect really for you a bit if you are not.

As horrible as isis is clumping all muslim in on category is horrible too.

I'm pro-abortion(mostly) and in some instances assisted suicide but Bill has a nazi-mentality.
This man morrissey? I hope both you and Bill are joking.

First time we agree on something. Bill Maher is a awful human being and i judge anyone who likes him. I don't know why are you surprised tho. Morrissey is not exactly a great human being and he only cares about animals. They are very similar in a way.Both trash, only that Moz is talented trash :)

I have a feeling that one or both of them were there last night and he was stroking some egos or playing to the throng of locals. You do know...there were some celebrities there last night, right? Or, better yet, he was being funny...the way he usually is...which usually gets turned around and mixed up and spit back out again by conspiracy theorists and the media to make him look like a racists/sexist/whateverist.

lmao plz, Morrissey makes himself look like racist/sexist twat with the dumb things he says. But i knowyou are delusional and gonna defend him no matter what SMH at you rn.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom