New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden (June 27, 2015) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Jun 28, 2015.

By davidt on Jun 28, 2015 at 3:30 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / Will Never Marry / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // Now My Heart Is Full

setlist provided by Amsden

Last edited: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      what's wrong with listening to The Smiths only?? also, i don't understand why some moz fans get so mad if they ship Morrissey and Johnny. I mean, i don't ship them or anything but i don't see what's wrong with people doing it. It's kinda cute actually
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I Have seen him nearly twenty times. While always a joy I agree the newer songs don't energize the crowd. BAM was one of the strongest shows. As was Chicago in 2006.

I'd think a more impactful set list could be -

The Queen Is Dead
      Suedehead
      Panic
      The Loop
      All You Need Is Me
      Interesting Drug
      These Things Take Time
      I Like You
      Like Is A Pigsty
      Disappointed
      Boxers
      Cemetry Gates
      Hairdresser On Fire
      Please, please, please
      Encore-
      Sing Your Life or Rubber Ring
    3. Tynamuna
      Tynamuna
      I Love the Smiths and the solo. Just dislike world peace and some other solo stuff(well a deal) and yes a meeting with johnny, not a reunion would do wonders for moz. I would not what a reunion. Also Bill maher is a demon

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! Hairdresser on fire. Maybe add oh well i"ll never learn or ive changed My plea to gulity. Or please help the cause for lonliness or Jeane(please god) or TJIFA. But in all honest i don't give a shit about setlist. Just seeing him is enough. He is mesmerizing.
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You are so lucky that all the comments YOU made troughout your life weren't documented. Otherwise someone would have the possibility to assess these comments and to break them down into its component parts, and to finally form a judgment about your personality on these statements alone. I'm sure we would get a picture which isn't matching with reality.
    5. Eurydice
      Eurydice
      Yep. I sure will.
    6. Tynamuna
      Tynamuna
      Morrissey is not trash. He has gone a bit mental and is confusing and sad. But i belive he will get better. But as someone pointed it out it could have been sarcasm. Morrissey would never stoop as low as liking maher
    7. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      I'm not coming down on one side of the discussion here, just pulling you up on your appalling logic. You are really saying that coming out with questionable utterances is OK if they're all documented for all to pore over? Is that really what you're saying?
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Dear, do you know something as sense of humour? Or something as parody or allegoric or metaphora? Well that's what Morrissey did yesterday night talking about President's election, he was trying to say there is no chance, Hillary Clinton is the only person who can be the next USA President. Sorry if I look like an old teacher, but you're not the only one who does'nt understand Morrissey's joke.
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You don't know Morrissey. You don't know what his relationship with Johnny. Just because he likes bill maher doesn't need saving. Saying Morrissey Will be saved by talking to Johnny is insane.
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      what????????????
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      And how many times do you think it is neccessary for you to tell others that you dislike WPINOYB? We got it by now, you know. As he mostly plays these songs right now you could simply keep away from commenting on the shows because your comments will always be the same. Further I'm a bit annoyed at people who honestly have the nerve to say things like "a meeting with Johnny would do wonders for Moz". Really? Do you know Moz? Do you know Johnny? Do you have any insights into their needs? Are you that arrogant? Are you that selfish? And to describe Bill Maher (weather you like his opinions or not) as a "demon" is a bit much considering there are people on this planet who actually physically harm people or even kill people. And in his eyes it wouldn't even be an insult since he is an atheist. Demons don't exist in his world.
    12. Tynamuna
      Tynamuna
      If so its a shit joke the and i did understand it was sarcasm later. Morrissey did a awful dellivery of sarcasm. also i do understand his humour you git.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah yeah yeah, i'm insane, how about you move along then. Its more than just the Bill maher thing

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't reply and move on with your life. Free country sweetheart. What i belive is what i say, what you belive is what you say. We are both entitled to this right.
    13. AztecCamera
      AztecCamera
      Was the black guy there from 1991 that tried to kiss Morrissey's hand while Morrissey was trying to pull his hand away? Anonymous-
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      couldnt the energy of 91 just be about him breaking in the us around that time with morrissey feeling fresh to us here
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Any info on the merch being sold- any interesting exclusives?

Thanks
      Bleach
    16. Gregor Samsa
      Gregor Samsa
      Since Maher is a long time PETA board member, "environmentalist", supporter of same sex marriage and so on, it's hardly likely Moz was being sarcastic. Hate to break it to ya, hon'.
    17. Detritus
      Detritus
      The Maher comment definitely wasn't sarcasm. Morrissey has made positive comments about Maher and John Stewart in the past.

Anyway, I had a really great time at the show. I got in line around 4:00 p.m. and wound up one person from the barrier, Jesse's side. Blondie blew the roof off the joint. I was expecting to enjoy their set, but I was surprised by just how good they were. Some of the Blondie fans in attendance were probably disappointed in their short set time necessitating a "greatest hits" jaunt, but I ate up every second of it. When they segued into "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party)" during "Rapture" I nearly lost my mind. The gay pride marching band closeout was the icing on the cake and really set the pace for the positive atmosphere of the show.

I mentioned this in the Philly thread, but Morrissey's voice is really in top form, certainly the best he's sounded in the last several years. I absolutely loved "Now My Heart Is Full" as the encore song, and my heart was warmed by the words that preceded it. ("It's an historic week in the United States. Good times for a change.")

Other than that, I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said. The band sounded good, but the sluggish pacing of the set definitely seemed a bit out of step for an arena show and from where I was in the pit, the energy wasn't as strong as I'd expected it would be. Still, I enjoyed it all from beginning to end.
      Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      How interesting, again, that everyone on this side makes a fuss about some comment but nobody in the realy world gives a shit. Well ...
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      its also i think important to understand that maher is an entertainer if im thinking of the right person. might be less dramatic in another format
    20. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      He didn't try to pull away, quit trying to stir shit. Were you there at that show, because I actually was?