New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 8, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Wedding Bell Blues / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Speedway / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore / Morning Starship / Is It Really So Strange? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / How Soon Is Now? / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Scandinavia / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of @FDR

• Photo posted by FDR:

Last edited:
Was Aznavour an admirer of Nazis too?

You are white privilege racist who not notice your unconscious bias to non-Aryans and hide your hate under veneer of man-child who love all races but underneath your nest of vipers you feel you are superior but overall you are quite thick as a plonker as you keeping repeating yourself like a serial onanistic terrorist.

Aznavour's views on immigration were, broadly, as follows:

He believed that immigration should be open, but he opposed massive and uncontrollable immigration from the Middle East to Europe. For him, immigration without assimilation would only ruin a country. Aznavour appreciated a responsible immigration policy, limited to those who were “ready to marry themselves to the French way of life, without seeking to impose their own.” [Acton Institute article, Oct 2018]

I guess in your view that makes him a Nazi, bless you.

the beano was part of DC comics in Dundee,anyone who was at the Dundee concert would have saw the big desperate dan statue,dundee also brought the world grand theft auto.
I still have old Beanos, and of course The Dandy and The Beezer.
I do still have a Beano badge which I must wear in honour of Trident gate.

Are you referring to the same Charles Aznavour who he and Family achieved an honor by Israel for rescuing others persecuted in WWII? Or are you just a trolling twit looking for attention?

Aznavour's views on immigration were, broadly, as follows:

He believed that immigration should be open, but he opposed massive and uncontrollable immigration from the Middle East to Europe. For him, immigration without assimilation would only ruin a country. Aznavour appreciated a responsible immigration policy, limited to those who were “ready to marry themselves to the French way of life, without seeking to impose their own.” [Acton Institute article, Oct 2018]

I guess in your view that makes him a Nazi, bless you.
I tracked down the article. https://acton.org/publications/tran...-championed-persecuted-christians-and-private
Thanks for pointing me to it. It was a great read. I think talking about immigration today is so heated but I enjoy reading about folks who can embrace their new homeland and yet still honor where they came from. These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Well, no, not really, but in 2018, on the news, he sort of said we should only accept immigrants that were geniuses. :lbf:

So a mild bout of nazism, but only in very old age, at Death's door...With little effect on his global legacy, I imagine.

Nothing on the scale of Morrissey's inexcusable senility, which sadly may be all that people remember in a few years...

I can't imitate Michael Caine, but...
Morrissey...
He was only sixty years old...

And to add:

Saturday, WPINoYB was sung as recorded: "Each time you vote, you support the process..."
Yesterday, it was sung as: "Each time you vote, you repeat the process."
Tonight: "If you vote, don't repeat the process."

Far better.

Ketamine Sun, we've already established that you're terminally boring, and desperate for my attention.
Unfortunately, so is Morrissey.

Are you really gonna make me choose? :drama: I've only got two hands!!!

remember:"WWJD?" :thumb:

Looks like the same girl from the Washington DC show during "Suedehead".

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Wedding Bell Blues / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Speedway / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore / Morning Starship / Is It Really So Strange? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / How Soon Is Now? / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Scandinavia / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of @FDR

• Photo posted by FDR:

Striking resemblance to Charles Aznavour in this photo. The stance, the way he’s dressed, even the way he’s holding the mic stand. Incredible how not only do they (or did they in Charles’ case, RIP) share the same birthday, but they both have an underbite, and Morrissey looked up to him so much as to almost get him to guest vocal on Earth Is The Loneliest Planet.

One of the posters for sale definitely channels the style of Aznavour, Brel, et al.

I'm probably in the minority here but I would have liked to hear him sing the three LIHS songs - "I Bury the Living" "In Your Lap" and "The Girl from Tel-Aviv" - those seem to me to be very much in the French chanson tradition - I can imagine somebody like Aznavour singing them.

Some new pre videos (at least from the previous week) that I noticed -

Serge Gainsbourg/Brigitte Bardot - Bonnie and Clyde;

Lou Reed interview
()

There was a pre-show black and white video taken from what looks like a television broadcast that starts with a female dancer seated on a chair and a man comes on stage and sits on her lap and pushes her around while singing a music hall style song - then she clocks him in the end - anybody know who they were?

There was a pre-show black and white video taken from what looks like a television broadcast that starts with a female dancer seated on a chair and a man comes on stage and sits on her lap and pushes her around while singing a music hall style song - then she clocks him in the end - anybody know who they were?

That used to be in the pre-reel back in the Greatest Hits tour days. I miss those videos!

It's Anthony Newley, singing "I'm the Boy You Should Say Yes To." Here's a different version, the one shown at Morrissey gigs doesn't show up on Youtube anymore.

why do people keep talking about the show?

What I really want to know was if “Mr Morrissey can I please give you a present, Mr Morrissey?” was at the pre show outside the venue. I must have played this video 30 times

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom