New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 8, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Wedding Bell Blues / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / Speedway / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore / Morning Starship / Is It Really So Strange? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / How Soon Is Now? / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Scandinavia / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of @FDR

• Photo posted by FDR:

Last edited:
2q9yp7d.jpg

Leaving:

Goodnight,
FWD.

A few quick notes -

To start the show he sang a snippet from "Don't Rain on My Parade" (Funny Girl) - though he changed the lyrics a little bit...

Line change in I'm Throwing my Arms Around Paris "In the absence of your smiling face...I dribble all over the place.."

In Jack the Ripper, instead of "I'm going to get you," he sang "I'm going to bite you"

The Half A Person/HSIN lyric mash up was great - totally unexpected.

Morrissey helped pull the girl up on the stage - they were very careful not to knock over the lights!

It was a terrific show - the sound and production are top notch and he really was on form tonight. The great reviews are very well deserved

OMG I think he's wearing a Beano badge!!! He supports Dennis the Menace .. And Gnasher. Nooooooooo. How could he!
the beano was part of DC comics in Dundee,anyone who was at the Dundee concert would have saw the big desperate dan statue,dundee also brought the world grand theft auto.

Striking resemblance to Charles Aznavour in this photo. The stance, the way he’s dressed, even the way he’s holding the mic stand. Incredible how not only do they (or did they in Charles’ case, RIP) share the same birthday, but they both have an underbite, and Morrissey looked up to him so much as to almost get him to guest vocal on Earth Is The Loneliest Planet.

Striking resemblance to Charles Aznavour in this photo. The stance, the way he’s dressed, even the way he’s holding the mic stand. Incredible how not only do they (or did they in Charles’ case, RIP) share the same birthday, but they both have an underbite, and Morrissey looked up to him so much as to almost get him to guest vocal on Earth Is The Loneliest Planet.

Was Aznavour an admirer of Nazis too?

Great rendition.
A-listed now, too, on BBC Radio 2 :thumb:
its radio 2 style all day long,lots of older people will immediately recognise it from the past,its a toe-tapper.always good to hear M on the radio.

He's absolutely on top of his game during this run of shows. Toying with the back catalogue (snippets etc.) and sounding better than ever.
Really hope we get something official from this tour (audio/video).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom