New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 4, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Girl Afraid / Spent The Day In Bed / Dial-a-Cliché / Is It Really So Strange? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Morning Starship / World Peace Is None of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Sunny / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

• Les Misérables: A review of Morrissey on Broadway by Mark Phinney (1 photo) - Vanyaland. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photo posted by SuburbanChic:

full

Last edited:
I thought he sounded great! Fatty was the highlight of the night for me. How can you not enjoy this song?! I was disappointed in crowd feedback, people not even clapping?? Fyi for those waiting after the show--the cop said it would be like 11:15, because I guess that's what it was on Friday night but he ended up coming out around 10:30ish. Loved how he said he is turning 50

....although his fascination with Morrissey Song Disaster 1958 is a little hard to understand. It was just a bog standard Morrissey Whyte song at a time when there were some really great b-sides.

It’s not a bad song (Munich) but yeah, most casuals don’t know it (or If you don’t like me....., for that matter) so to string them both together along with WPINOYB and a cover song does drain the energy.

No, it doesn’t work well at all. It’s the low point of the show and half the crowd tunes out big time. Especially during World Peace and Munich Air. They do come back a bit for Chain Gang.

Also, ending with a shitty version of “First of the Gang To Die” does not close out the night in a high note. People were really expecting something a bit stronger. A lot of underwhelmed faces walking out.

Agree, though the chorus of IYDLikeMe
was pretty powerful live, and seems to
me it’s his message to those who don’t agree with his recent views, ending with ...’don’t get your knickers in a twist’. Munich seems to be his tribute to those young men who died and I’m sure some of his British patriotism is in there too.
I enjoyed World Peace actually.
Guess we should be happy with what songs he is doing.

I was surprised to see how the audience reacted to Paris, It’s a fine pop song, but was surprised by the positive response it got, unlike Sunny which was another highlight, seemed to go over most of the audiences heads, and I think Morrissey could tell this, though there seemed also to be some sound problem, same when Jesse’s tech had to come out and fix a problem during How Soon.

Yeah, another fine pop song, though I wish he would drop FOTGang for a better closer.

Still hoping for ITYWDead :pray::)

Don’t know if I’ll go to anymore shows, time will tell.

Somewhere Ryan’s head exploded with the ammunition banter tease. And yes the times rules. Post is garbage

Ammunition banter tease? I must’ve missed something?

Yes, this is my favourite Moz song and would love to see it done live!

Well, I'd put good money on a digital version released on the 10th too.
I'm starting to feel this isn't a track recorded in Italy, but time will tell...

In other news, setlist.fm finally put Sunny back on the list. You'd think someone editing it that 'was there' would know if it was played or not.
Regards,
FWD.

Thought he would be doing the Fallon show on his break.

Anyone know when this is happening?

If not the 5 or 6th, maybe the 9th?

Wow - one of the best ever Morrissey setlists. I count no fewer than 14 genuinely brilliant songs.
For the LIHS tour we were lucky to get 3 or 4.
Yes, the middle bit is the weakest section but we can't moan too much although his fascination with Morrissey Song Disaster 1958 is a little hard to understand. It was just a bog standard Morrissey Whyte song at a time when there were some really great b-sides.
Love the Smithsian jangle of Girl Afraid. Such a contrast to the mess Alain used to make of playing Smiths songs live (nice bloke though he undoubtedly was/is).

Re Air Disaster, I don't think Morrissey does things without a reason.

It seems funny that the one bit of the set that seems to stay the same is the World Peace Is None of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies mid-section. It doesn't look that great on paper - but does it work better in concert?
I think I am the only one who enjoyed that section lol

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom