New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 3, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / Spent The Day In Bed / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Hold On To Your Friends / Break Up The Family / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Scandinavia / Everyday Is Like Sunday // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

• Photos from @dreampropaganda / Twitter: set1 (4 photos), set2 (4 photos). Links via retweet by @erica / Twitter.

full

Last edited:
Dearest Moz,

I don't know many people who like; Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia
Why are these three turds in most of your set lists day in and day out?

Love, Us
I agree you don’t know me, but Bullfighter... is wonderful. I trust this complicated things just a little for you.

I really admire the way America seems to unconditionally love and respect Morrissey, whereas in his own country there is a contingent of his fans that have turned into such peevish whiners all because the press have instructed them not to approve of him.

Perhaps America really is more of a free country, not just in obvious ways, but in their thinking also. Free speech in England is always hysterically shouted down by a noisy minority who are no more than cheerleaders of our biased mainstream press.

Look at the EU vote for example. Most people in the UK voted against being ruled by the unelected bureaucrats of Brussels. And after three years of democratic betrayal, the figure for Brexit is even higher. Yet the sheep continue to bleat, mistaking the EU commision for Europe itself, as if leaving the EU means becoming geographically severed from Europe itself and floating off into the Atlantic.

I find New York's respect for Morrissey very humbling. When Moz wanted to tour England there was a small but noisy group who in sheer puerility wanted to spoil something that was beautiful.

It is more World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me and Munich Air Disaster 1958 keeping this from being a perfect setlist.
Near-perfect it is though :)

By the way, less smoke during Jack the Ripper, and again, I preferred the first night, was more troubling.

I honestly feel sorry for those who payed $479 for what is just another night out with Morrissey.

Yea I got screwed. Enjoyed the show for what it was and tried to make the most of it but this was absolutely not worth the price I paid.

Had to buy his album for a presale code on top of it and then not only were prices crazy but the closest row available was row N, which was supposed to be for his devoted fans. Then the regular sale had all the way up to row A. Had I known, I would have waited for the regular sale. And now ticket prices are going down.

Honestly just makes me not want to go to another show of his ever again. Wonder if it was the venue or Morrissey’s team who was responsible for how this went down.

I really admire the way America seems to unconditionally love and respect Morrissey, whereas in his own country there is a contingent of his fans that have turned into such peevish whiners all because the press have instructed them not to approve of him.

Perhaps America really is more of a free country, not just in obvious ways, but in their thinking also. Free speech in England is always hysterically shouted down by a noisy minority who are no more than cheerleaders of our biased mainstream press.

Look at the EU vote for example. Most people in the UK voted against being ruled by the unelected bureaucrats of Brussels. And after three years of democratic betrayal, the figure for Brexit is even higher. Yet the sheep continue to bleat, mistaking the EU commision for Europe itself, as if leaving the EU means becoming geographically severed from Europe itself and floating off into the Atlantic.

I find New York's respect for Morrissey very humbling. When Moz wanted to tour England there was a small but noisy group who in sheer puerility wanted to spoil something that was beautiful.

It's probably because he makes the most noise over there and not in the US. Much of the shit he says is nationalistic garbage so obviously it impacts the UK more so there will be more headlines about it there.

The fringe conspiracy groups and complicit right-wing loudmouths make it so much worse. America is no different in this regard, just look at Alex Jones and Fox News and the like. They cast division and victimhood while the actual beneficiaries are the ultra wealthy 1%.

As for Brexit, there's no way most people knew what they were really getting into, loads of people weren't educated on it and the only rallying cry in favour was rabid nationalism -- f***ing over your country's future for some cherry-picked idealised version of the past. Furthermore, beyond the gigantic clusterf*** that Brexit has increasingly become, look at Ireland and the trouble with how to deal with the relationship there -- there is indeed problems with "severance" as it deals with trade and economics. You don't leave nearly 50 years of alliance without problems. With how things are going, they might as well be floating off into sea.

Moz says some dumb shit and he deserves the backlash.

Yea I got screwed. Enjoyed the show for what it was and tried to make the most of it but this was absolutely not worth the price I paid.

Had to buy his album for a presale code on top of it and then not only were prices crazy but the closest row available was row N, which was supposed to be for his devoted fans. Then the regular sale had all the way up to row A. Had I known, I would have waited for the regular sale. And now ticket prices are going down.

Honestly just makes me not want to go to another show of his ever again. Wonder if it was the venue or Morrissey’s team who was responsible for how this went down.
It was nothing but greed. Moz and or his people looked at Springsteen charging 799 and fans scalping for 2k and said let’s do 399. Lied and said sold out, then half the venue shows up at reduced prices.

No clue why they screwed presale people with row N. Awful.
Is that typical of other tours he has done?

It was nothing but greed. Moz and or his people looked at Springsteen charging 799 and fans scalping for 2k and said let’s do 399. Lied and said sold out, then half the venue shows up at reduced prices.

May not be Morrissey though, might be the promoter, I only paid $99 for my wife and daughters tickets on the mezzanine so not too bothered about the reductions.

Moz is taking a cue from Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley.... sell, sell, sell anything including your dignity.

Wearing his own concert shirts each night on stage, dress up his band of yes men, I mean his band in silly political commentary or Moz concert shirts each night. Plays the same drab core of political / protect songs that bring down the whole set, night in, night out cause he only cares about his own agenda. Already has got your cash. Classic Narcissist.

:rolleyes:

a regular Einstein today LOL 'surface'

now Moz is a Bruce Springsteen:mask:
reseller of tickets

:crazy:

I love the videos of these shows, and it breaks my heart that I don't think Morrissey will play in England again, the mans a genius, nobody has that voice, what an absolute shame our country turned on such a talent, shame on the media, shame on David Haslam, shame on anyone who ignores other peoples opinions. We lost a national treasure in the process, Viva Moz!

52% of UK voted to leave EU. Without a clear knowledge of how that would work. 48% voted remain, knowing what that would mean. You could accuse any percentage of either side of being 'sheep'...wouldn't help much, though. No-one is able to keep even a slender majority happy - the referendum was ill-conceived. Some of EU is elected, some isn't - this applies to most governments.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom