New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 2, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Is It Really So Strange? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / I Wish You Lonely / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Jack The Ripper / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // Let Me Kiss You

Setlist provided by @Lost and found via setlist.fm

Last edited:
Thank you both - amended.
I was swimming in links and one slipped through.
Regards,
Look forward to your review L.
Regards,
FWD.

Some banter

"This song was written by a great thinker"

Somebody yells Roy Orbison

"I said thinker not stinker"

Cracks a smile

There was a sprinkling of empty seats but as soon as the usual final video came up everyone run forward and it was standing throughout. So a back row ticket will get you to third row if you like...

Great to hear Seaside

“I will be here tomorrow, but you won’t...”

Great set lists of late , my favourite was What She Said. The crowd didn’t go berserk but then they were wealthy New Yorkers- perhaps the Latinos in Queens were priced out..

I think it will be well reviewed overall, great voice these days.

I think he’ll see off all the broadway dates.

He accepted 4 or 5 ‘gifts(?)’ from front row and also one signature given on the Playbill that everyone was given (effectively a ‘what’s-on) for that theatre. Seemed in high spirits.

That Joke:

So Strange:

HSIN:

Sunday:

Regards,
FWD.

Loved the opener. Reminded me of my first Moz show in Port Chester, NY in 2013 (yeah, I'm an old Smiths fan but a relative newbie to Moz). Includes the a cappella "On Broadway" snippet opener:

The audio quality is outstanding! Great job by the sound team.

A very good night!

Full disclosure: the last time I saw Morrissey was four years ago at Madison Square Garden. That show was so tedious, low-energy and dispiriting (and the setlist was so dull) that I've skipped all his visits to New York City and environs until tonight.

Morrissey was in very fine voice. His energy was up, he was funny and seemed reasonably engaged. The setlist was very good (I only bought a last-minute ticket to hear Trouble Loves Me, and I was not disappointed). This might have been my favorite version of Jack the Ripper ever: Morrissey's vocals were fierce, the front rows were overwhelmed with smoke, and the red-lit atmosphere was so intense that the bald gentlemen next to me passed right out (only reviving a few songs later).

A few notes: Morrissey's habit of getting things going with a few truly great songs, then allowing the middle of the set to droop with plodding, mediocre material before bringing it all home continues to be most unfortunate, but it's his set to ruin his own way.

The pre-show video selections were truly entertaining, and the lighting and backdrops were also very well-done.

Morrissey continues to confound: his grasp of pop-cultural history is sophisticated and nuanced, and his appreciation for the power of pop culture to effect positive social change is clearly evident. This makes his bizarre and often tone-deaf, selfish, ill-informed and downright idiotic media trolling of recent years all the more inexplicable. Thank goodness he didn't talk politics tonight.

Further note: I got a great, center-row orchestra ticket at a discount from Ticketmaster the morning of the show, and there are still a lot of good seats left; it's worth seeing him this time around.

Loved the opener. Reminded me of my first Moz show in Port Chester, NY in 2013 (yeah, I'm an old Smiths fan but a relative newbie to Moz). Includes the a cappella "On Broadway" snippet opener:

The audio quality is outstanding! Great job by the sound team.

I can tell this is going to be an epic gig capture - sounds great.
Thank you.
FWD.

my seventeenth show since 92 and as far as his voice goes this might have been the best

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom