New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 11, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Spent The Day In Bed / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Girl Afraid / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / I Won’t Share You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of @karelMoz

Last edited:
I really can't stand the freakin haters on here, man, like The Town, above.
They are angry, hurtful losers who just spew and spew. They just don't get it. I pity them. To haters: just get the f*** out of here. What don't u understand, jerks.? I said, simpletons, that it's about the MUSIC

I really can't stand the freakin haters on here, man, like The Town, above.
They are angry, hurtful losers who just spew and spew. They just don't get it. I pity them. To haters: just get the f*** out of here. What don't u understand, jerks.? I said, simpletons, that it's about the MUSIC
Like 'Bengali in platforms'. Music like this and racists have no place in our world today.

Like 'Bengali in platforms'. Music like this and racists have no place in our world today.
"life is hard enough when you belong here
Bengali in platforms resonated with me as an Irish immigrant to London in the late 80s..Anti Irishness was prevailant in every tier of English society. I had more in common with Pakistani and West Indian immigrants than I did with the English and these were my only friendships outside of irish people or English of irish parents.
Those lyrics were spot on and this revisionism due to fears of possible UN-PC interpretation is down to laziness of people who cant think for themselves and don't know their history. Robert Smith and any other artists who change lyrics are catering to a dumbed down society and we're all the poorer for it.
Social media has enabled this outraged reactionary culture to infect everything with its shallow tokenism.

As I get ready to start my Monday here in a cold and rainy NYC - I catch myself smiling widely at the memory of this....
How Soon Is Now has a whistling effect at certain intervals throughout the song - which are noticeably not there in the live playing of this song- At Saturdays show a very accomplished person sat somewhere in the upper balcony whistled loudly and -most impressively- on Key, at the Exact right intervals of the song while he sang - it added that perfect effect - at the end of the song a Smiling and bemused Moz commented "very nice, very nice" it is this memory that will carry me through my week. God Bless you Morrissey you have done more for me than any Church, Doctor, Pill or Drug ever has to fix the general pain of life. Thank you for Seven Nights of Bliss I will cherish. I love you, I love you...

Joe Chiccarelli:

20190513_125950.jpg
20190513_130140.jpg

Unfortunately, Matt confirms that what many wanted didn't happen:

20190513_130430.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Interesteing that he says "Morrissey played I Won't Share You" and not "WE played I Won't Share You" or something to that effect!
He's quoting the Brooklyn Vegan headline :)
Regards,
FWD.

He goes to his 5 star luxury suite (with his ahem assistant) looks at Youtube conspiracy theories about the Twin Towers (hell - when in Rome) and parades around in Union Jack boxer shorts, occasionally goosestepping a la John Cleese as Basil Fawlty (ze Germans....)

I'm sure it will all be made available on the DVD extras

thanks for the info.

My namesake on YT has done some 'HD remixes' of live tracks before.
This is I Won't Share You in full (including spoken words prior).
I think it's pretty much the definitive version:

(The audio is definitely getting used!).
Cheers to FWD2008.
Opinions?
Regards,
FWD.

Ignorance is bliss. Just the kind of mentality neo fascists like his party want everyone to have. Not to mention he puts himself and his views directly into his music; it’s a package deal. I guess you were so enthralled you didn’t notice the political cringe in so much of it. Given his status, the man has a platform to say things so there is impact. To say it doesn’t matter is to lie to yourself.
Love Morrissey 's politics .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom