Approvals for visitor messages

• Keep it

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Get rid of it

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters
I thought reelaround sounded familiar

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone understands "lulz." it's short and to the point. but THIS mess?? i mean, slowly read what you just wrote here..i mean...suppositional and conclusional AREN'T EVEN WORDS! I guess you don't use a thesaurus afterall. you just make words up.

That's what I do

Well let's face it, it's better than 'hawt' or like bleh, or meh or whatever

dave_chappelle_what.gif

I hawted :rolleyes:

You have obviously decided that I am retarded. Duh!

Ok :D

retardScooterBoy.jpg

Yes Nugz , i finally found the answer to your earlier inquiry , " I'm a lazy typist and i recall hearing that a picture is worth a thousand words but a lot less keystrokes ;) "

Last edited:
A picture is worth a thousand words is a proverb that refers to the idea that complex stories can be described with just a single still image, or that an image may be more influential than a substantial amount of text. It also aptly characterizes the goals of visualization where large amounts of data must be absorbed quickly.

It is believed that the modern use of the phrase stems from an article by Fred R. Barnard in the advertising trade journal Printers' Ink, promoting the use of images in advertisements that appeared on the sides of streetcars.[1] The December 8, 1921 issue carries an ad entitled, "One Look is Worth A Thousand Words."

Another ad by Barnard appears in the March 10, 1927 issue with the phrase "One Picture is Worth Ten Thousand Words," where it is labelled a Chinese proverb (畫意能達萬言). The Home Book of Proverbs, Maxims, and Familiar Phrases quotes Barnard as saying he called it "a Chinese proverb, so that people would take it seriously." Soon after, the proverb would become popularly attributed to Confucius.

Despite this modern origin of the popular phrase, the sentiment has been expressed by earlier writers. For example the Russian writer Ivan Turgenev wrote (in Fathers and Sons in 1862), "A picture shows me at a glance what it takes dozens of pages of a book to expound."

The quote is sometimes attributed to Napoleon Bonaparte, who said "Un bon croquis vaut mieux qu'un long discours," or "A good sketch is better than a long speech". While this is sometimes translated today as "A picture is worth a thousand words," this translation may not predate the phrase's common use in English.

Daniel Fiorito extended the phrase to a greater meaning while stating, "If a picture is worth a thousand words, how many words is a picture of a thousand words?". Later Johanson Fanfluger answered his question by multiplying one thousand by one thousand, making the hypothetical picture worth one million words.

The phrase has also been spoofed by John McCarthy, the famous computer scientist, to make the opposite point: "As the Chinese say, 1001 words is worth more than a picture

If you don't 'give a flying f***', then why are you poking your snot nose into something that you are merely surmising the 'prospective' existant facts of, without doing adequate research? Which, as anyone with a modicum of intelligence would do. Then you surmise, by way of jumping to conclusions, without actually having any real facts in hand, but only imaginary and mostly inconsequential suppositional fantasist so-called 'rationalised' conclusional verbally disorientated 'facts' on hand to defend your argument about what is real and what is not, according to your irrationality?

You need to wake the hell up ya know? Remember when you believed I was terrorizing you? You spent an entire evening ranting and raving at me.

You need to wake the hell up ya know? Remember when you believed I was terrorizing you? You spent an entire evening ranting and raving at me.

"you spent the whole evening
ranting and raving"

sounds like an old 40's song.

The first two lines sound more like Chuck D.

Like You need to wake the hell up. ya know? (yeah boyee!)
Remember when you thought I a was terrorizing you

could be the start of a Public Enemy song

I feel really stupid... but what are visitor messages?? :confused:

Since April this year vBulletin software has been upgraded and like myspace, members can post visitor messages on each other's public profile.

Since April this year vBulletin software has been upgraded and like myspace, members can post visitor messages on each other's public profile.

Ah, I see.
So something like a PM, but only different.

Kewpie and Years of Refuse, thanks for your message. :D

Last edited:
Ever since Visitor Messages were introduced, I assume that any PM is something serious, like recieving another infraction or something.

Benefit of having visitor message is, unlike PM account users don't have to delete message in order to receive new messages.

Back
Top Bottom