New Video - All You Need Is Me

My GOD, what a terrific news day!: album title and SG release in September, new singles deliveries, and now this. Information overload!

I take it that wasn't Russel Brand flipping over the drumset. He must have been busy blowing bubbles somewhere.

Silly tee shirt count: 4

M. Walker: 1978 District Track Meet

Boz: I'm So Miserable Without You It's Almost Like Having You Here :p

Jessie: Girl Wanted

Moz: Bullet holes? How LA Gangsta

The T-shirts amused me:D

Well I love it!!! Its like a mixture of the Tomorrow and We Hate It When.... vids.

Its great seeing Moz having fun I love the way he has to control the giggles at one point.:o:o

HOT.gif

What a great video!! Tamborine Frink!! :horny:

Another 'I'm walking and you're following me' video that totally works. I love his face at 1:10 :) and we need to have a screen capture of him at 2:45 :cool:

Boz: I'm So Miserable Without You It's Almost Like Having You Here :p

Thanks, I couldn't make out the other half of Boz's shirt. Love it. And it would make for some perfect Moz lyrics.

This made my day!!! :guitar:

I love his necklaces. And how he shoots music videos in gardens.

One day I'd like to look out of my bedroom window and see him standing there in my back yard, flailing his tambourine around like he owns the place.

I live in hope.

someone please describe it!
can't see the clips on work computer...
cheers.

You can try to type the url manually, see if that works: www.musicslut.blogspot.com

Basically the video consists of studio footage of Boz, Jesse, and Matt playing instruments intermingled with shots of the band and Moz outdoors in a picturesque setting with instrument set up on the grass and Moz lip-syncing and using the tambourine like a hammy Hamlet holding the skull of Horatio. :p

As already posted, it is similiar in vein of other videos with Moz walking and the band behind him looking bored and aloof. Other interesting details include the use of silly tee shirts, Boz doing his vaudvillian act balancing the guitar with one hand and Solomon diving over the drum kit just as Moz sings the whoopie part.

Very nice.

Yeah, gotta say the video wasn't brilliant, but it does the job - thought a song like ALL YOU NEED IS ME could've done with something a bit more epic, but that's not really Moz's way is it ;-)
I didn't expect it to be anything like this
but I was pleasantly surprised :)
I think Morrissey likes the Tamperine:p. I love the video!
I liked it when he tapped the camera with it
I'm not sure where ... I suppose I'll have to watch it again :mad:;):D

Once again showing his penchant for absolutely horrid music videos. I swear I wouldn't have ever stayed a Morrissey fan if I hadn't stopped watching MTV in 1989.

Yeah, he's never really embraced the whole music video concept. Which, if you want a number one hit so bad Mozzer, who may want to reconsider. Sure there is a lot of dreck on MTV, but occasionally there are some really innovative videos. I'm fine with banging around the backyard with a tambourine, but please don't complain about the "death of another single" Mozzer.

Awwwww LOVE IT! Smiling Moz + tambourine = frinky! :guitar:
This has just made my day, thank you Music Slut!

Is Solomon a former gymnast or something? :eek:

Yeah, he's never really embraced the whole music video concept. Which, if you want a number one hit so bad Mozzer, who may want to reconsider. Sure there is a lot of dreck on MTV, but occasionally there are some really innovative videos. I'm fine with banging around the backyard with a tambourine, but please don't complain about the "death of another single" Mozzer.

I know this has been discussed to death, but you'd think that somebody who was so obsessed about appearance, film, television, art, self-mythologizing, etc. would put a helluva lot more effort into his own music videos. Hell, I'd appreciate it if he put any effort into his videos.

You think there's that strong a link between video and music sales? If that were true, Bjork, with all the work put into her videos, would be outselling Mozzer 100:1, which she's not.

Mozzer trying to contain his laughter, cost: free, frink value (so I've read): priceless.

looks like it was filmed in the same place that his adverts for the isreal gig was filmed - palm trees in the background?

Yeah, gotta say the video wasn't brilliant, but it does the job - thought a song like ALL YOU NEED IS ME could've done with something a bit more epic, but that's not really Moz's way is it ;-)

That's very true.

Before MTV, bands used something known as "promotional films" of them doing their latest single to be used for guest appearences on variety shows and such when the band wasn't available to appear live. These films still exist and they are wonderful and have a timeless quality to them i.e. singing outside, perhaps with people sitting around, and the band goofing off. I'm thinking specifically of films I've seen like Martha and the Vandellas, the Beatles (of course), and the Beach Boys. You can sometimes see small samples of these films on those Sounds of the Decade-type infomercials.

This "video" follows that kind of style that a young Morrissey would have seen on his favorite music shows.

Morrissey based on what he has said in the past is not interested in promoting the music video and all its innovations, use of animations, techniques or whatever as an art form in itself. Why would he?

Back
Top Bottom