New update on TTY!!!!!!!

i think somebody should contact julia because she is the first person who gets the newest info -she must have more personalacontact with the managment than we have...obviously

i actually do not have the money to fly over but i guess i will try ...i have too

If Morrissey wanted to say he's retiring he'd just come out and say it. He always says he never makes plans too far in advance and that's all he means this time. These are all the dates planned. I'm presuming because he wants to make another record. That means at least a year out for writing, recording, mixing and mastering, artwork, marketing plans, interviews etc.

Why are you lot so prone to hysterics at the smallest thing? :p

Okay, now that I've had a night to sleep on it, I am thinking that this announcement is all just hype to ensure that the L.A. dates sell out. Morrissey has always taken great pride from his ability to sell-out venues - like Madison Square Garden and the L.A. Forum - and I'm sure he wants to be able to add, "Selling out 10 nights at the Palladium" to his list of accomplishments. I think it's kind of a crummy thing to do though - he knows how hyper-sensitive and prone to hysterics his fans are! Remember all the people who killed themselves after The Smiths broke up? He should be more careful with our emotions... if indeed it is just a marketing ploy.

But it's a damned effective one. There is no doubt about going to the IL and IN shows now.

i thought about it a second and did remember that he often stated he interviews that "he do not make plans" for the future...since he written new songs and having toured quite a long time he wants to get a break that will be longer than the 2 years interval between quarry and ringleader...and if he retire he will surely play one of the last concerts in england..as much trouble as he had with the british press he will durely do play his last concerts in england and not n the US....
also if he did play concerts even if he do not has a record out he has 2 years intervals (2000 2002)

so if we(people from europe) want to see him we should rob a bank so we can afford it ..at least i have to.. iam a poor girl
i see the headlines already.."I did it for Moz"
*lol* nooooo

Last edited:
Thats a bluddy good idea, I'll drive the getaway car!

the good thing that that so many films concerning bank robbery do exist where we can learn from..;-)

Well, ok, I've slept on this news. I still want to puke, but mostly because I am now even more nervous about getting tickets for the 3 midwest shows, the NY pass, and Atlanta. I'm afraid the scalpers are going to get the password and hold us all hostage.

Also I just dropped both my kids off at school for the first time. My baby is a first grader. My tiny preemie is in half day Pre-K. Ok, now I really want to puke. Somebody hold me... LOL!

ok so i've made up my mind and im going to all 5 NYC shows. i'll quit my stupid f***ing job if i have to. cuz i hate it anyway. its not important. if i have a new job by then i'll make up a good f***ing lie to get a week off. I don't care. This is more important than anything right now. A week's vacation in NYC with Moz, goddamnit, i deserve it! :cool:

Are you trying to get me to do the same? Because I am "this close" to saying the exact same thing Nugz. I was only going to attend NYC weekends shows, but I too hate my job and I very well might have a new one by then. Oh decisions!!!!

What am I saying, its not about choosing, its stupid NOT to do it.

ok so i've made up my mind and im going to all 5 NYC shows. i'll quit my stupid f***ing job if i have to. cuz i hate it anyway. its not important. if i have a new job by then i'll make up a good f***ing lie to get a week off. I don't care. This is more important than anything right now. A week's vacation in NYC with Moz, goddamnit, i deserve it! :cool:

you DO!! so did you find any hospitals that had some cushy HR spots available?

I apologize if someone else has already remarked on this, but...

That was one of the most manipulative press releases I've ever read. None of you should read much into it. The thing was written by someone who is promoting the tour, not someone who is parceling out little clues about the future. The "ominous warnings" of retirement should be taken with a grain of salt, and a big one at that. I always appreciate information, and while I'm sure Morrissey is taking a break and so on, that press release was pure spin to sell tickets.

I'm surprised it didn't end with "SEE MORRISEY NOW-- AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN-- OR YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER!!!!".

you DO!! so did you find any hospitals that had some cushy HR spots available?

I did peruse some hospital websites last night and came across a few things that look like possibilities. next week im gonna find my resume and fix it up and then the real search shall begin!

Are you trying to get me to do the same? Because I am "this close" to saying the exact same thing Nugz. I was only going to attend NYC weekends shows, but I too hate my job and I very well might have a new one by then. Oh decisions!!!!

What am I saying, its not about choosing, its stupid NOT to do it.

do it!!! I, for one don't think this is his last tour. I don't think he's retiring, but I DO think its very possible he won't be touring for another 2 or 3 years. Jobs come and go but Morrissey memories are forever!!! :)

I did peruse some hospital websites last night and came across a few things that look like possibilities. next week im gonna find my resume and fix it up and then the real search shall begin!

if you need a reference i'll give you my info, you can say i work at sinai hospital in baltimore

I apologize if someone else has already remarked on this, but...

That was one of the most manipulative press releases I've ever read. None of you should read much into it. The thing was written by someone who is promoting the tour, not someone who is parceling out little clues about the future. The "ominous warnings" of retirement should be taken with a grain of salt, and a big one at that. I always appreciate information, and while I'm sure Morrissey is taking a break and so on, that press release was pure spin to sell tickets.

I'm surprised it didn't end with "SEE MORRISEY NOW-- AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN-- OR YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER!!!!".

Yeah I've been saying the same thing. I'd find exactly where, but I am not that anal, and my name's not Kewpie. :D:pbesides, Kuiper really said it first I was just agreeing LOL

oh sweet! thanks! yeah when i really get down to business, I'll let you know if/when I'll need 'em! ;)

if its HR-like i think you'd be really good at that. you're nice to most people that aren't dicks.

I won't tell them how we drink and end up laying(lying?) on the sidewalk though. That makes ME look bad, too, bwahahahaha

But you know, he didn't need to say that. He didn't need to imply or threaten retirement to get me to feel that way. This just compounds my anxiety over grabbing that last little bit of youth before it slips away forever... leaving me a tubby soccer mom with a minivan full of kids and dogs and no life of her own. I'm battling that fate daily... holding it at bay so far, and this was helping.

I'm not tubby. It's not a minivan, technically. And no one is in soccer yet. They like swimming. And I do actually have a job that lets me be creative. But I'm clinging to relevance with my fingernails... don't mind me, I'm just having a midlife crisis.

if its HR-like i think you'd be really good at that. you're nice to most people that aren't dicks.

I won't tell them how we drink and end up laying(lying?) on the sidewalk though. That makes ME look bad, too, bwahahahaha

hahaha, oh helll no. that'll be our little secret. ;)

and yes i can be super nice when i want to be. :)

But you know, he didn't need to say that. He didn't need to imply or threaten retirement to get me to feel that way. This just compounds my anxiety over grabbing that last little bit of youth before it slips away forever... leaving me a tubby soccer mom with a minivan full of kids and dogs and no life of her own. I'm battling that fate daily... holding it at bay so far, and this was helping.

I'm not tubby. It's not a minivan, technically. And no one is in soccer yet. They like swimming. And I do actually have a job that lets me be creative. But I'm clinging to relevance with my fingernails... don't mind me, I'm just having a midlife crisis.

If your midlife crisis is going to include a string of Morrissey tour dates, I'd have to say that is the most bad ass midlife crisis I could ever imagine. Embrace that shit!!!

Back
Top Bottom