New song lyrics

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
I may be stupid, but what exactly are 'first cabin highs'? I can make a guess but I'd rather just know.
The feeling of exuberance (a high), and, possibly, attempts to impress others (swanky) when travelling in a stylishly luxurious and expensive manner (first class air travel, as opposed to 'cattle' class), perhaps. In short, snobbery &/or arrogance through open displays of wealth & entitlement.

I may be stupid, but what exactly are 'first cabin highs'? I can make a guess but I'd rather just know.
Peter Graves airplane movie GIF

I think it's a less wordy way of elucidating his notion that nothing of worth can be learned at school.
Indeed, nothing important can be learned from (typical) school. No business competences, no empathy. Just a f***in pantry for wayward kids who vent their emotions there.

Indeed, nothing important can be learned from (typical) school. No business competences, no empathy. Just a f***in pantry for wayward kids who vent their emotions there.
Ain't that the truth! At my school, when bullying was reported the retort was "oh no, bullying doesn't happen at this school". So I left, taught myself mainly but was homeschooled by some of the teachers from the aforementioned shithole.

It helps that I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, so learning independently was perfect for me. I learned more than I ever did at school. The only valuable lesson school taught me was that not only are many of the kids arseholes, but so are the adults, and that most people are to be avoided like the plague.

Certain people thought I wouldn't get anywhere, but never underestimate determination to succeed. Taught myself my entire A Level courses from books and my recorded absence through illness over those 2 years was 93%. I was once asked by a teacher - who was aware of my self learning - what grades I thought I would get at A Level and when I told her she literally cracked up. Laughed in my face in front of my mother. And then as a massive "f*** you" and knowing I was spot on, I went out and sat the exams and received exactly what I stated I would. So much for them being encouraging, huh? Not that I needed it but some kids do. I then went to uni and have done two degrees. I am a "living sign" that you don't need school to succeed.

Also, schools are increasingly feeding into the left wing cancellation crap that is pervading modern life.

I was just listening to the Pop, Collaborate & Listen podcast from a few days ago, where the whole thing is about the album Vauxhall & I, so I was looking at PJLM's page for reference and noticed a quote from Autobiography where Morrissey writes 'A last sun warms, as if it had always been waiting its chance.' So, 'the last sun warms' could be the line in TNPD.

I was just listening to the Pop, Collaborate & Listen podcast from a few days ago, where the whole thing is about the album Vauxhall & I, so I was looking at PJLM's page for reference and noticed a quote from Autobiography where Morrissey writes 'A last sun warms, as if it had always been waiting its chance.' So, 'the last sun warms' could be the line in TNPD.

Sorry, that's the wrong link!

I meant this!
https://www.pclpodcast.com/s05e04-morrissey-vauxhall-and-i/

Sorry, that's the wrong link!
That's a great find, Hercule :thumb:

Indeed, in Autobiog: "A last sun warms, as if it had always been awaiting its chance. The album became the first start-to-finish emotional journey, each track as warm as the last, noise and poetry turned loose in one of those visionary sessions that your future returns will constantly search for."

So, the lyric must go "He held her firm 'til the last sun warmed" (past tense, as opposed to present).

Credit also due to @theprivilegeismine who alluded to this possibility earlier in the thread.

Edit: Lyrics amended accordingly (thanks @Famous when dead )

Last edited by a moderator:
"You don’t need to respect your government
They can’t even govern themselves"

In Morrissey's imagination, this counts as astute, political commentary. Embarrassing.
When he’s right, he’s right. Here he is right even if is being a little bit reductive.

Have tried to decipher the lyrics of the 2 new songs (Without Music The World Dies, & The Night Pop Dropped).
I think we're OK now on WMTWD lyrics (thanks contributors). Both song lyrics below for your dissection & delectation:

Without Music The World Dies:

You don’t need to lead a formatted life
And you don’t need to find yet another wife
Head-trips may very well blow your mind
Oh, but without music the world dies
Without music the world dies
Without music the whole world dies

You don’t need to respect your government
They can’t even govern themselves
You don’t need swanky First-cabin highs
Ah, but without music the world dies

[guitar section]

You don’t need 24-hour news
And you don’t need to send your children to school
And you don’t need to be a billionaire
(They’re everywhere, they’re everywhere, they’re everywhere)
Oh, but without music the world dies

You don’t need awards, awards, awards,
Shiny oh yes, but never earned, always bought
On your deathbed you will scream out this final reply
Oh, without music the world dies

The Night Pop Dropped:

Remembering the night pop dropped
The bars ran dry, and the dancers stopped
He held her firm ‘til the last sun warmed
How empty our lives would be
If we had never known, if we had never known

How empty life would be, if we had never known
So sad for me, for us, so sad for the universe

Pop rolled, and raged and roared
No taboo on booze and touch
No taboo on very much
How empty our lives would be
If we had never known, if we had never known

And the girls at the back door sang high
And the boys at the back door sang low

[guitar & funky musical section]

He said the best thing you can do is be yourself
The best thing you can do is just be yourself
The best thing you can do is be yourself
The best thing you can do is just be yourself

1st Edit: Updated 09/03/23 - thanks @j*e*t
2nd Edit: Updated 10/03/23 - thanks Anonymous

Wow this is the original mozzarella from the early 90’s. What has happened here ? Poor Morrissey. What fans... ugh. Well I’m still going to dance with them at concerts without applause for sure! hope this is some silly algorithm to divide us. It’s simply too stupid to be true. What he means by don’t have to go to school is home school them bc of the corrupt system. That obviously some of you don’t know about which would say you don’t understand 90% of his lyrics. Weird. Why would you even like him then? so busy on here trying to figure it out what a joke. Some can never be warmed by any sun I guess. Hopefully time will be kind. Morrissey if you actually read feedback on here don’t worry - us rebels will always still be. Love you. Thank you and to the original team of solo .. been around a very long time. Please come to Hamilton Canada again.

Back
Top Bottom