New song by Johnny Marr

dothewatusi

Here's a new song called You Get Through that Johnny wrote down in Auckland on Christmas Eve with Jeff Tweedy of Wilco, who wrote the lyrics. This is from the January 7th performance at the Powerhouse Station. Oh, and Johnny sings. :)

Here are some of the words. It was hard to make them out. He needs to learn how to ennunciate like Morrissey. ;)

Honesty is a wasted thing
Do you mean what you say
Do you say anything at all
What you want I can't tell

***and waste my time
But I already know
I know what's on your mind
***too blue

One day you get to a place
Unlock yourself***

All we ever say is gone tomorrow,
gone tomorrow
All we ever have is gone tomorrow,
gone tomorrow

For you, too blue
Too blue, too blue
The sky's too blue***

It was recorded for the new 7 Worlds Collide album. Johnny's son Nile plays with him on it. :)

8.jpg

I really like how we have another Marr to come!
Nile is f***ing awesome, check out his myspace, all the stuff with Kid 4077 is brilliant. This is a great soundind track, and I am jealous of Nile!

Love PTxx.

Nile is f***ing awesome, check out his myspace, all the stuff with Kid 4077 is brilliant. This is a great soundind track, and I am jealous of Nile!

Love PTxx.

Here's footage from the first night, where Nile, in the plaid shirt and cap, plays with the band. :D :guitar:

[youtube]yCTRZMAtx5Q&feature=related[/youtube]

Thanks for that!
I think Johnny's a better fit with Jeff Tweedy than with the Cribs. I read Nile's living in Portland with Johnny. Nile's becoming quite the songwriter.

Love PTxx.

Yeah and don't forget about this MARR. I'm no musician but you will definitely be hearing from me soon. I garuntee it! :)

Back
Top Bottom