New Song | Art-Hounds

its opera - cloth ears

No...it isn't. Listen to it. There isn't anything in what he's singing that remotely sounds like any way to pronounce an "R"...and last time I checked, you can't spell or say or sing "opera" if you don't include an "R" in it.

He is saying "a book"...very clearly. You know, hence the reason he refers to book pages in the verse before the chorus. I wish he WAS singing "opera" because it is a MUCH better lyric...but he isn't. I don't know how you're listening to the song, but if you hear it through headphones, you'll quite clearly notice what he's saying.

Yes, Boz has claimed it as his own.

Interesting. It was the one of the current crop I thought could possibly be an Alain song, esp. with that propulsive chorus. I guess Boz has to be excited about the album if so many songs are his, from both a practical and artistic angle.

Interesting. It was the one of the current crop I thought could possibly be an Alain song, esp. with that propulsive chorus. I guess Boz has to be excited about the album if so many songs are his, from both a practical and artistic angle.

Alain isn't writing for Morrissey anymore.

This song is a testament to Morrissey's uncanny skill of creating a brilliant vocal melody over a mediocre musical composition.
Could be the best one of the 5.

Alain isn't writing for Morrissey anymore.

I know you have said this is "word on the street" since a supposed barring of Alain from the studio. But, lacking confirmation or denial from Alain, Boz, or somebody from the "inner circle," who is to say it is true? If it has been confirmed, then by who? All I have seen is speculation and innuendo - no viable sources.

If it is true, so be it; Morrissey's loss. But passing it off as FACT without proof does not make it so.

I know you have said this is "word on the street" since a supposed barring of Alain from the studio. But, lacking confirmation or denial from Alain, Boz, or somebody from the "inner circle," who is to say it is true? If it has been confirmed, then by who? All I have seen is speculation and innuendo - no viable sources.

If it is true, so be it; Morrissey's loss. But passing it off as FACT without proof does not make it so.

It is a fact they aren't working together. Alain has said so. It's as simple as asking him on Facebook if you require it from the horse's mouth. The only thing that isn't necessarily confirmed is why they aren't working together...

It is a fact they aren't working together. Alain has said so. It's as simple as asking him on Facebook if you require it from the horse's mouth. The only thing that isn't necessarily confirmed is why they aren't working together...

I wasn't aware he had been asked on Facebook. I wouldn't have considered it my business to ask him that directly.

Well, barring other writers being involved, the remaining hope is that the Boz/Jesse split is at least 75/25.

I wasn't aware he had been asked on Facebook. I wouldn't have considered it my business to ask him that directly.

Well, barring other writers being involved, the remaining hope is that the Boz/Jesse split is at least 75/25.

Let's pray for 100/0

No...it isn't. Listen to it. There isn't anything in what he's singing that remotely sounds like any way to pronounce an "R"...and last time I checked, you can't spell or say or sing "opera" if you don't include an "R" in it.

He is saying "a book"...very clearly. You know, hence the reason he refers to book pages in the verse before the chorus. I wish he WAS singing "opera" because it is a MUCH better lyric...but he isn't. I don't know how you're listening to the song, but if you hear it through headphones, you'll quite clearly notice what he's saying.

Sounds like opera to me. At first I thought it was open, but I think he sings op-ra (2 syllables). I tried headphones and I don't think it's a book. Could be, but there's more to life than books, anyway...

When did 'opera' become an adjective?
If Morrissey is comparing his life to an opera, then he would need to use the indefinite article.
'My life is opera' would make no more sense than 'My life is table'.
Really, the standard of English round these parts!

Sounds like opera to me. At first I thought it was open, but I think he sings op-ra (2 syllables). I tried headphones and I don't think it's a book. Could be, but there's more to life than books, anyway...

Good music from Boz, but I'm afraid the aunt Mable line is trying its best to overtake "The smiling children tell you that you smell" as worst Morrissey lyric ever.

When did 'opera' become an adjective?
If Morrissey is comparing his life to an opera, then he would need to use the indefinite article.
'My life is opera' would make no more sense than 'My life is table'.
Really, the standard of English round these parts!

I hear "opera" pretty clearly, and his falsetto delivery on that line sounds like he's imitating opera, so I thought that was the most logical conclusion.

I hear "opera" pretty clearly, and his falsetto delivery on that line sounds like he's imitating opera, so I thought that was the most logical conclusion.

This. And I do clearly hear the "R" the second time he sings it.

Dude, he's saying BOOK. As in the forthcoming autobiography.

What in the world does that have to do with the concept of Art-hounds? Actually now that i listen to it, it sounds like he's saying "Our Town" because he likes Oscar Wilde so by extension he probably loves Thorton Wilder too. :squiffy::crazy:

What does "fat Aunt Mable" have to do with Art Hounds?

The whole song sounds like it's being made up as he goes along. The only thing that saves it is his delivery, which is concussively violent.

He should leave the stream of consciousness rock lyricism to Michael Stipe, who is much better at making nonsense sound profound than Morrissey is, and go back to good old fashioned tear out your jugular, hit the nail on the head poetics.

In ten minutes, you'll be saying it has grown on you just like the first three new ones did.

What does "fat Aunt Mable" have to do with Art Hounds?

The whole song sounds like it's being made up as he goes along. The only thing that saves it is his delivery, which is concussively violent.

He should leave the stream of consciousness rock lyricism to Michael Stipe, who is much better at making nonsense sound profound than Morrissey is, and go back to good old fashioned tear out your jugular, hit the nail on the head poetics.

Well, I have my theories about that but you'll rip me a new asshole for reading too much into it and i like the asshole I have, thank you very much. :p

Back
Top Bottom