New Song | Art-Hounds

Ok, so I'm obessed with these unknown lyrics and I thought of one that would be pretty funny if Morrissey said..

"My life is awesome!"

Although, if his enemies all keeled over that might be the title for the next single.

Maybe someone should head over to his blog and ask him to confirm the lyrics? :lbf:

PS - He is clearly saying "My life is a book". Linder and I both heard this independently.

Oh for Christ's sake...9.5? Why hold back that last half percent?

Why don't you just give it a perfect 10? Dudley Moore would.

Skylarker, despite your grim moaning and constant presence here (not to mention David Brett's criticisms) I quite like you, you know. You have a unique character. Why didn't I give it a perfect 10? Because it's not perfect. Nothing is.

Skylarker, despite your grim moaning and constant presence here (not to mention David Brett's criticisms) I quite like you, you know.

You're in the minority.

And does it really seem like I'm constantly here? Hmmm. Maybe I should think about that.

If that's true, that's bad.

My favourite Smiths songs/versions ever played by Morrissey as a solo artist are:

1 Paint a Vulgar Picture on the Maladjusted tour - was too exciting when he played a Smiths song back then
2 There is a Light on the pre-Quarry tour in the noughties - thrilling and seemed to symbolise his creative rebirth
3 Hand in Glove - 2003 - fab. Sounds as grainy and exciting as ever.
4 I Know it's Over - 2011 - about time. A special moment. Too full of memories.
5 Last Night I Dreamt - Oye Esteban tour - reminded us how great moz could be and sung beautifully, again in 2004

You're in the minority.

And does it really seem like I'm constantly here? Hmmm. Maybe I should think about that.

If that's true, that's bad.

Yes but appearances can be deceptive. I met a girl on here a couple of years ago who I stayed in contact with. She seemed like she was quite sharp and sassy: turned out to be a sarcastic, self-centred bore - and just as childish as the people here she used to berate. I think she's bitter about something. And a bit paranoid. You just can't trust Morrissey fans, I find!

"When they can't find a table for their fat Aunt Mabel, they stamp their feet and cry" and "below the belt is shrivelled and small, it knows a thousand woes" have got to be the two most hilarious Morrissey lyrics in years. Trouble is, I don't know if it's deliberate.

I think the lyrics are fantastic. Strange, dark, unique. When I watched Morrissey sing them in London, it was one of those magical moments. When you first hear that song on record, I think you're going to be suitably impressed.

its written by boz. i really quite like it
(except maybe the chorus, although every one else seems to like also the chorus, fair enough)

its written by boz.)

is that a hunch, or has Boz confirmed this? if it is a Boz song, it's his best musical contribution for a long long time.
I'm glad to see it's getting a lot of favourable reviews. imagine if Moz had played this on Janice Long. we'd have all been raving about it then, and the whole F*** Morrissey Solo episode might not've happened.
I've not really listened to it properly on Youtube but was really impressed when I heard it at Brixton. however, I didn't make out the table/fat aunt Mable line, which is truly awful. with any luck, it'll get changed before a version is recorded. he's made changes to lyrics before after previewing songs live...

Last edited:
Very impressed with it...would love to hear it recorded.

The "fat aunt Mabel' line is simply humorous...can't understand the problem with it.

Love the last half a minute..."When you cannot stand the real world, take my hand"

is that a hunch, or has Boz confirmed this? if it is a Boz song, it's his best musical contribution for a long long time.
I'm glad to see it's getting a lot of favourable reviews. imagine if Moz had played this on Janice Long. we'd have all been raving about it then, and the whole F*** Morrissey Solo episode might not've happened.
I've not really listened to it properly on Youtube but was really impressed when I heard it at Brixton. however, I didn't make out the table/fat aunt Mable line, which is truly awful. with any luck, it'll get changed before a version is recorded. he's made changes to lyrics before after previewing songs live...

Yes, Boz has claimed it as his own.

Back
Top Bottom