New Smiths CD SINGLES release

And another thing, Rubber Ring does not segue into Asleep, like it does on the 12" and original cd. Now that is a disappointment.

And another thing, Rubber Ring does not segue into Asleep, like it does on the 12" and original cd. Now that is a disappointment.

I can't believe they didn't replicate the 12". What a let down.

How do the cds sound?

Last edited:
Here is a photo...
Each disc replicates the corresponding original 12" label colour and format, with the exception of the catalogue number which retains Rough Trade's original numbering but is preceded by RHNCD.

Here is a photo...
Each disc replicates the corresponding original 12" label colour and format, with the exception of the catalogue number which retains Rough Trade's original numbering but is preceded by RHNCD.

Thanks for the picture. What do the physical cds look like?

And once again, can anyone speak on their fidelity? Do they sounds crisp and 'remastered'?

No negative sleeve Hand in Glove, I'm sure i read that it would be, was I dreaming?

Erm...so the free promo cd(first 200 to order) is the same cd as the one given in the 7" vinyl box set?

i just got mine as well , i was under the impression that the hand in glove screen would be the negitive version , i read that as well

the promo cd is not the same :thumb:

Thanks for the picture. What do the physical cds look like?

And once again, can anyone speak on their fidelity? Do they sounds crisp and 'remastered'?

Here is a photo of the WDDIM cd (especially for you! :))
Have just played Hand In Glove briefly and if there is any difference it must be very minor...

I think I am going to pass on these.
Another plot to dry hump the cash cow.
I do hope they still release box set two for the rest of the 7" singles.

i just got mine as well , i was under the impression that the hand in glove screen would be the negitive version , i read that as well

the promo cd is not the same :thumb:
The press release, as quoted on http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=473774 definitely said so. :(

I'm glad; A couple of months ago I shelled out £65 for the original Rough Trade cds. :)
Mind you, I still picked up this little clamshell cutie yesterday in town. :crazy:
whatchagunnado ?

How many of the Rough Trade CD's did you get for that Joe? Don't tell me all of them cos if so you got one amazing bargain!! I paid a hell of a lot more than that and was still chuffed.

Here is a photo of the WDDIM cd (especially for you! :))
Have just played Hand In Glove briefly and if there is any difference it must be very minor...

Thanks for the photo.

Are all the discs printed similar shades of blue or do they coordinate to the colors of the sleeves?

Thanks for the information Irregular Regular.

A tad disappointed to hear the sound on the discs isn't remarkable and that Rubber Ring and Asleep don't segue but I am still inexplicably thrilled to get music I've already purchased numerous times over.

I pray the vinyl reissues truly do sound remastered but I'm quickly losing hope here.

How many of the Rough Trade CD's did you get for that Joe? Don't tell me all of them cos if so you got one amazing bargain!! I paid a hell of a lot more than that and was still chuffed.

yeah that is a good deal , i bought the ones i was missing a few years ago and spent alot more than that
Sorry chaps, I mis-spoke! When I said I paid £65 for the original RT 'cds' I meant for the 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side' compact disc single singular, not a plurality of comact discs! :blushing:
You can retract your jealousy now. ;)

I think I am going to pass on these.
Another plot to dry hump the cash cow.
I do hope they still release box set two for the rest of the 7" singles.

As do I. I "might" pick up the cd singles box...just haven't decided yet.

Also, have a question for all of you:

Would the difference in price be alot more for the cd singles box set shipped to US, as opposed to the 3 single "bundle" and a copy of SG in UK/Scotland currency?

Last edited:
Are both of the promo discs for the 7" and cd box sets CD-Rs?

Back
Top Bottom