New single - "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage"; first play on Jeremy Vine show

UPDATE Nov. 7:

Link to pre-order limited edition 7" (Dec. 8 release date) posted by an anonymous person:

Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage / You'll Be Gone (Live) - Norman Records

Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s On Stage is the second single to be taken from Morrissey's Low In High School album, his first since 2014, which is being met with a mix of excited anticipation and ambivalence. It will be backed with a live version of You’ll Be Gone. Limited edition 7” on the massive BMG label.

Now on YouTube and other streaming / download services. Link posted by Tbevie:

Also on Spotify as a single:

Jeremy Vine has announced via twitter:

1st play on his show tomorrow 12.00pm - 2.00pm

UPDATE 9:25 PM PT:

Some posts moved to the thread:

"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer physical copies as well. The money isn't in selling records anymore. It's in the tours and merchandise.

Yes, you're right about that. But I think the Money is also in selling records like the 7" boxset of the álbum or vinyl editions very well elaborated with lots of extra info and one or two extra tracks (not a tacky badge... sorry I could not resist). It is no secret that vinyl copies because of their size allow a more elaborated art sleeve and other things that fans love... and this could be source for the Money... but I agree that the normal physical and digital copies are not the place the artist makes Money... And you know... the artist can make Money from tour if they are U2 or Coldplay...out of that is very limited... and Moz once said "look the U2 tour [circa 360 era], this is something I can't compete". Yeah, and he shouldn't!

Yes, you're right about that. But I think the Money is also in selling records like the 7" boxset of the álbum or vinyl editions very well elaborated with lots of extra info and one or two extra tracks (not a tacky badge... sorry I could not resist). It is no secret that vinyl copies because of their size allow a more elaborated art sleeve and other things that fans love... and this could be source for the Money... but I agree that the normal physical and digital copies are not the place the artist makes Money... And you know... the artist can make Money from tour if they are U2 or Coldplay...out of that is very limited... and Moz once said "look the U2 tour [circa 360 era], this is something I can't compete". Yeah, and he shouldn't!
Vinyl is beautiful, but costs far more to produce and ship than CD. As for the shows, I think his ticket prices reflect the fee that venues have to pay him. I somehow doubt that he's huddled in a blanket burning the furniture for warmth. Also- thank gawd he isn't U2 or Coldplay. Blandness sells in a big way, but that doesn't mean it's something to aspire to.

Somethin' tells me that thar girl on the cover of this single ain't no real girl! It's one of those girls with twigs n' berries folded up in thar
Maybe that's the surprise on the back cover?

Vinyl is beautiful, but costs far more to produce and ship than CD. As for the shows, I think his ticket prices reflect the fee that venues have to pay him. I somehow doubt that he's huddled in a blanket burning the furniture for warmth. Also- thank gawd he isn't U2 or Coldplay. Blandness sells in a big way, but that doesn't mean it's something to aspire to.

Find all the music so far from this album quite bland. Maybe that's why the music press seem to like it.

Indeed chaos, 2nd ,I find 'Jacky' a real album song, totally not for a single, 'I wish you lonely' would have made a good physical single, but the album gets released 10 days to go, so 3 songs allready been out in 'social/musical' media. I hoped for a Nmbr 1 chart in the UK, but with this swing , I hope His album will get the first week in the top 10, hope Mporium releases are counted. sadly due Brexit I have to buy it at the local record shop, well, Velvet Music in Eindhoven, great musicshop, one of the workers loves Morrissey and The Smiths, and I moved to my old hometown, well no boss no buss, no rain, I take the train.

I dunno - it's okay. A bit plodding. But not too bad. That said, did someone on this thread (or the other on the topic of this song) really equate the quality of this song to "Now My Heart is Full"???? That's preposterous by any measure.

I dunno - it's okay. A bit plodding. But not too bad. That said, did someone on this thread (or the other on the topic of this song) really equate the quality of this song to "Now My Heart is Full"???? That's preposterous by any measure.

Well, that Mojo review compared it to The Smiths. You f***ing what?

Indeed chaos, 2nd ,I find 'Jacky' a real album song, totally not for a single, 'I wish you lonely' would have made a good physical single, but the album gets released 10 days to go, so 3 songs allready been out in 'social/musical' media. I hoped for a Nmbr 1 chart in the UK, but with this swing , I hope His album will get the first week in the top 10, hope Mporium releases are counted. sadly due Brexit I have to buy it at the local record shop, well, Velvet Music in Eindhoven, great musicshop, one of the workers loves Morrissey and The Smiths, and I moved to my old hometown, well no boss no buss, no rain, I take the train.
Celibate i asked if mporium counted and somebody contacted the main person from mporium and they said it would count towards a chart position.

Err, you do know that I was quoting a post about Your Arsenal don't you?

Morrissey's band were awful in concert before this. Lots of energy for certain, but nowhere near enough talent to be able to pull off an album like Your Arsenal without a great producer. I go with Stephen Street on that one.

Ref The band - no they were not awful. At all. That's total rubbish that you have posted above.

Hazard
x

That's totally right. It's NOT about Brexit and it's NOT about UKIP.

Uncle Skinny knows nothing. Which is not unusual.

Hazard
x

I’m not so sure, it may very well be about brexit. And if it is, then I find the lyrics very troubling indeed. I certainly won’t get dragged into the mozzers a racist shite! But if it were a song about brexit, read the lyrics again. Hmm

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom