New single - "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage"; first play on Jeremy Vine show

UPDATE Nov. 7:

Link to pre-order limited edition 7" (Dec. 8 release date) posted by an anonymous person:

Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage / You'll Be Gone (Live) - Norman Records

Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s On Stage is the second single to be taken from Morrissey's Low In High School album, his first since 2014, which is being met with a mix of excited anticipation and ambivalence. It will be backed with a live version of You’ll Be Gone. Limited edition 7” on the massive BMG label.

Now on YouTube and other streaming / download services. Link posted by Tbevie:

Also on Spotify as a single:

Jeremy Vine has announced via twitter:

1st play on his show tomorrow 12.00pm - 2.00pm

UPDATE 9:25 PM PT:

Some posts moved to the thread:

"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing worth listening to Jeremy Vine for is to listen to the verbal car crash of a member of the public arguing with an expert, much like what is going on right now.... :rolleyes:

The only thing worth listening to Jeremy Vine for is to listen to the verbal car crash of a member of the public arguing with an expert, much like what is going on right now.... :rolleyes:

Or that nutter with the boring voice on before defending North Korea. He did eventually admit it may well be an oppressive regime, but he didn't seem convinced.

'You're all extracting the urine' - some nutter. I have changed my mind, I love this show :D

He has announced that he will be playing the song btw, but no time given.

The only thing worth listening to Jeremy Vine for, is the new Morrissey single haha! :')

Here we go then, seems much slower than the live version, which I like. Musically it's wonderful, really full during the chorus, it's great.

I think I take back what I said about it live, the album version is quite radio friendly.

I am in love with the ending :D

Edit: I forgot I was listening on iPlayer... *winds back time*

Hmmm yeah vocals a bit less harsh and a bit softer than in the live version, I quite like it. Musically sounds better too, which I think will be a theme with this album.

Shame Jeremy Vine talked over the start and ending ruining my recording! Hopefully an actual digital release today.

Very impressive, all three studio cuts so far have been excellent, Home Is A Question Mark is still the best song I have heard so far though, and it was live of course, can't wait for the studio version of that.

I think (don't quote me on this, but as a musician, it sounds that way to me) his vocal has been autotuned - only subtly...

I just quoted you! :)

But no I'm not hearing that. He sounds the same on this version as he does live. Maybe you're hearing the backing vocals???

Love it!

Jeremy Vine added "Because we love him here". :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance someone could stick this on youtube, or somewhere?

Very impressive, all three studio cuts so far have been excellent, Home Is A Question Mark is still the best song I have heard so far though, and it was live of course, can't wait for the studio version of that.

Yeah I love that track. Also can't wait!

The live version of Home is a Question Mark has bells on it. It's also about 'Home'. Which means it'll be a Christmas single. I'll bet all of my internal organs on that! @Morrissey Make it so or I'll die!!! :(

I just listened "Jacky" on bbc2. I'm surprised that some people here like this single. It's like a poor b-side from the epoque "Ringleader". I don't like too much his voice, the melody doesn't offer any surprises... a very old school morrissey' s solo work (i mean we have already listened much more than 10 times this kind of song). The production doesn't offer more than the live version. Perhaps it's better than they do with "I wish you lonely" (it was the song I prefered in live but i was disappointed when I listened the song from the LP). So I expect more and more his new LP AT THE SAME LEVEL with "Maladjusted" : music without artistic cohesion, a self caricature of his work. If only we could have 1-2 gems like "Trouble"... I definitely don't expect more. And I'm so disappointed!

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom