New Rolling Stone mag gives, 'THPGU' single VERY GOOD review..

Where is the review?

Your post is meaningless without giving us the link/scan/typed out article.

Where is the review?

Exactly, if he does;nt give a link to the review or he does;nt type out a review his post is of no use at all.

Uh, we are talking about fortbethel here, aren't we? Why don't you have him(?) on your ignore list? Well, I know why Kewpie doesn't, and it's because of her job here.

Where is the review?

No seas una puta. Di <<por Favor,>> o algo.

Morrissey ***1/2
"That's How People Grow Up"
iTunes

STOP HIM IF YOU THINK YOU'VE heard this one before: Morrissey begins his new single with the dramatic claim "I was wasting my time trying to fall in love," and then spending three minutes deciding it will never happen again. Bother! "That's How People Grow Up," already familiar from the Mozzer's triumphant U.S. tour last year, is one of two fab new songs from his upcoming greatest-hits collection. The tune beings with a high-pitched trill from Kristeen Young, crunching into Boz Boorer's guitars and the Mozzer's hard-won lesson: "So, yes, there are thing worse in life/Than never being someone's sweetie." He's voiced this sentiment once or twice before ("How Soon Is Now?" "Will Never Marry," "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby") but by now he sounds downright cheery about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for typing that up. Simple, positive review without all the baggage, whingeing, personal attacks etc. And the reviewer namechecks some older relevant tracks, too.

No seas una puta. Di <<por Favor,>> o algo.

Morrissey ***1/2
iTunes

STOP HIM IF YOU THINK YOU'VE heard this one before: Morrissey begins his new single with the dramatic claim "I was wasting my time trying to fall in love," and then spending three minutes deciding it will never happen again. Bother! "That's How People Grow Up," already familiar from the Mozzer's triumphant U.S. tour last year, is one of two fab new songs from his upcoming greatest-hits collection. The tune beings with a high-pitched trill from Kristeen Young, crunching into Boz Boorer's guitars and the Mozzer's hard-won lesson: "So, yes, there are thing worse in life/Than never being someone's sweetie." He's voiced this sentiment once or twice before ("How Soon Is Now?" "Will Never Marry," "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby") but by now he sounds downright cheery about it.

No seas una puta. Di <<por Favor,>> o algo..

Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaahaha David, hahahaha ;)

Morrissey ***1/2
iTunes

STOP HIM IF YOU THINK YOU'VE heard this one before: Morrissey begins his new single with the dramatic claim "I was wasting my time trying to fall in love," and then spending three minutes deciding it will never happen again. Bother! "That's How People Grow Up," already familiar from the Mozzer's triumphant U.S. tour last year, is one of two fab new songs from his upcoming greatest-hits collection. The tune beings with a high-pitched trill from Kristeen Young, crunching into Boz Boorer's guitars and the Mozzer's hard-won lesson: "So, yes, there are thing worse in life/Than never being someone's sweetie." He's voiced this sentiment once or twice before ("How Soon Is Now?" "Will Never Marry," "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby") but by now he sounds downright cheery about it.[/QUOTE]

Nice... although I still don't like the song much... Maybe I will when I hear it a thousand times out of insistence.

Wouldn't it be just divine if the Moz's new single became his first Number One? :D:cool::guitar:

I'm probably just getting ahead of myself, after all, its just Rolling Stone reviewing the song, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom