Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

Let’s wait for some BONFIRE news for the release of a new WMTWD…there’s a lot of money that needs to be refound next to record 2 discs without musical label

Couldn’t find the posted comments, though I assume, just more fan speculation, which is what unfortunately solo has plenty of already.

jesus! Wish I could unsee that FB page.
I know it's more of the same, but its nice people are trying to make their voices heard and it might make people more careful about what contracts they sign.

This makes perfect sense for BOT. On California Son, he was still under contract with BMG... so I don't know if he paid for those recordings (though he might have).
I was talking about BOT. For LIHS, my gut feeling is that the record company provided the money because he recorded it in the summer of 2017 in the Morricone studio in Rome (not bad) shortly after signing to BMG. I don’t know what the arrangements were for the recording of CS and IANADOAC.

I really hope you're right and that Moz has the rights to it now again.

The whole thing is so bizarre. Capitol's complete silence wtf. And now the news that Capitol has terminated the contract? No one gets to terminate a contract just because they feel like it. Both parties that signed it have to agree to terminate it, or one party can terminate it for a motive stipulated in the contract in the first place, unless it stipulates one or any party might terminate it for any reason.
One would hope there was a negotiation to terminate the contract and that this means Morrissey has the rights to the album and can distribute it elsewhere.
It is hard to keep up with this evolving saga, but in the thread beliw, it said that Morrissey voluntarily disassociated himself from Capitol. So it is most likely not a one-sided decision from Capitol to terminate the contract.

Thread '"Roll On 2023" (December 23, 2022)'
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/roll-on-2023-december-23-2022.150512/

It is hard to keep up with this evolving saga, but in the thread beliw, it said that Morrissey voluntarily disassociated himself from Capitol. So it is most likely not a one-sided decision from Capitol to terminate the contract.

We might never know. Since he doesn't do proper interviews anymore... he won't get asked to explain what happened, etc. I do expect more cryptic comments and rather unhelpful Central posts during the next tour.

‘my life is opera’

"Gentlemen, I have a splendid idea. Let's play this incredibly strong song live. Only once. Then let's not put it on the upcoming album, but as the very last song on the disc of b-sides. But not only that, let's completely change it from the live arrangement so it doesn't sound as good. Good? Good."

"Gentlemen, I have a splendid idea. Let's play this incredibly strong song live. Only once. Then let's not put it on the upcoming album, but as the very last song on the disc of b-sides. But not only that, let's completely change it from the live arrangement so it doesn't sound as good. Good? Good."

First of all, love how he really sells the song before it starts, lol.

Agree, better live. Disagree, shouldn’t have been an album cut. So, to park it on a b-side, was a logical call, in M’s and my book. And yes, we share the same book. :cool:

it does seem at first he just disassociated himself from the label, and now it seems there has been a proper separation between them, a legal termination of contract.

We don’t really know the fate of/or who is the owner of BoT now though.

Maybe he owns the recordings again, and in some strange way this nonsense has stirred up interest from some brave label to finally release it.

Last edited:

Not heard that before, so thanks for posting. Great version, which seemed heavier, more rock. Noticed he swapped 'fake world' for 'real world' there.

Maybe someday we'll got an album with songs like The Kid's Are Looker, Action is My Middle Name, People Are the Same Everywhere in a studio version, as happen with Art Hounds.

Maybe someday we'll got an album with songs like The Kid's Are Looker, Action is My Middle Name, People Are the Same Everywhere in a studio version, as happen with Art Hounds.
I already have all these on cd with all his vinyl b-sides from recent years! Blue Dreamers Eyes, To Give (The Reason I live), Bobby - Remix, Brow Of My Beloved, I Thought You Were Dead, It Happens All The Time, This Song Doesn't End When It Is Over, That's Entertainment, Lover-To-Be, Born To Hang, Striptease With A Difference, I'm Playing Easy To Get, By The Time I Get To Wherever I'm Going, Kit, I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed.......I love all these songs, I still love Morrissey and yes, I check all these sites several times daily to read news about the new albums, which I really hope will be out SOON!!! Meanwhile these works well, thank you!! Fingers crossed for better days.

We might never know. Since he doesn't do proper interviews anymore... he won't get asked to explain what happened, etc. I do expect more cryptic comments and rather unhelpful Central posts during the next tour.
I don’t need to know every bump on the road, as long as the road eventually leads to his music being released. But yeah, I agree, more cryptic messages are likely.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom