Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

He's certainly on a roll now isn't he?

'CAPITOL PUNISHMENT' has been recorded in England. The 11-track album has been described by Boz Boorer as "Absolute Pony."

This is the 17th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

Get Off My Lawn
The Lowest Bidder
Career's Down The Kermit
It's Never My Fault
Central Sam

My Name Is R. Swipe
Keenly Priced For A Quick Sale
Secure Mother
Fiona Did Well
Diversity Is Me
No-One Remembers Julia Now

1 and 2 co-written with Johnny Marr
3, 7, 6, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Miley Cyrus
9, 11 written by Fiona Dodwell
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at Hooputthekuntin, Scunthorpe, England
Jesse Tobias bavarian cheese whistle
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums
Vince Clarke (Yazoo) kazoo

If any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Damien Alacante at Beechmount.
The year is 2033 and Morrissey has announced his biannual newly recorded album which, by tradition, will now be locked in a vault at Capitol Records. Morrissey has said he'll be starting on album 36 earlier than anticipated this year because "I think I only have another 14-15 in me"

Reminds me when I first saw someone in a "Notre Dame" sweatshirt , I thought, "Gee that's a very sporty look, for a Christian."
Fighting Irish football, isn't that just normal Irish guys in a pub on a Friday night? I have no doubt M could write a song about that, just wondering if he has room for a Muslim in the mêlée.

("Muslim mêlée". Now there's a good title for the 3rd unreleased album...:unsure: )
There has always been fighting in Ireland. Some think the troubles started with Cromwell and an English invasion, but in fact in the 12th century the Pope asked the Norman kings (who were really Viking-French and had conquered England) to try to bring order to Ireland and stop the bloodshed between the tribal factions. Of course, history is written by the conquerors, but I always think Morrissey has in him a legacy of Irish fighting spirit.

Or Zoom Zoom The Little Bastard (just a thought)
Someone posted a Blondie song from 1999 called Boom Boom In The Zoom Zoom Room, whose meaning remains mysterious. Maybe about speed dating or something.

But there's a line in Sure Enough the Telephone Rings, partly echoing the new title i.e. 'you must tell the kids they live in hell now'. So it might be about Ed-tech, digital surveillance and the like?

A victim would go away and talk about how 'traumatised' he has been by Capitol. Instead Moz has written and recorded a new album. That's not bad. He's a survivor, not a victim. Now he just needs to by-pass blood suckers like Capitol and self release.
Right. Morrissey. Never complains. Hahaha

Someone posted a Blondie song from 1999 called Boom Boom In The Zoom Zoom Room, whose meaning remains mysterious. Maybe about speed dating or something.

But there's a line in Sure Enough the Telephone Rings, partly echoing the new title i.e. 'you must tell the kids they live in hell now'. So it might be about Ed-tech, digital surveillance and the like?
Hmmmm….that’s interesting. It definitely could be! I’m really excited about the upcoming dates and hopefully he’ll play some of those songs. Maybe then we’ll know for sure.

Bonfire will remain lost and he won’t play any songs from it anymore I suppose.

All the focus on this new album from now on!
Morrissey is the king of lost stuff. People are the same everywhere, Action is my middle name, the kid's a looker, World Peace album, and now the Bonfire album. Classic Morrissey. Always losing songs. Oh and even odds this new batch of songs gets lost too.

A lightning strike.

Rumour has it, that "Headache" begins like this:

This wrinkle in art, I can't give it no credit.
I thought about my life and I really got me down. (Got me down!!!)
Got me so down, I got me a headache.
My heart is caged in my cranium and it still knows how to pound.
I was counting sheeps
And I fell me into sleep...
One of my fave FB tunes!

Morrissey is the king of lost stuff. People are the same everywhere, Action is my middle name, the kid's a looker, World Peace album, and now the Bonfire album. Classic Morrissey. Always losing songs. Oh and even odds this new batch of songs gets lost too.

Hopefully you picked up some version of the World Peace album, including the B-sides. It's a terrific record and you should have a copy!

Could "Suspicious Minds" be the honest reappraisal of the destroyed relationship with Johnny Marr?
"We're caught in a trap..
I can't walk out...
So if an old friend I know
stops by to say hello....
We can't go on together..."

You know, he already did that on Forgive Someone I think. 'The black peat of the hills...'

I'm definitely excited for the sound of this new album. Him recording this particular Elvis song really has me thinking.

Yes, but Central post credits it to a Mark Adams.....
A google search for Suspicious Minds and Mark Adams links to this thread as its first result... must be a typo for sure. It's got to be an Elvis cover.
Capitol records have terminated their contract with Morrissey so they don't have a license for his records anymore. He's free of them and their shackles.
What could this mean for Bonfire?

I had a quick look to see how much it costs to self release your own music on digital platforms. It's not actually that expensive. There would also be the option of having your own CDs and vinyl produced - definitely more expensive, but signed copies I imagine would sell like hot cakes at the merch stall at a concert, and at a fairly inflated price. If Moz waits for a record label to sign him - he may be waiting a long time. And his hurling days are done. He's no spring chicken. Time is against him on this one.

Absolutely. He already has the Mporium as a platform to sell this stuff. With his love of 'classic' album design Moz could have something really special produced in physical format. Although get rid of SER and employ somebody decent as graphic designer. Imagine what a limited edition of Without Music would sell for. I can't believe he doesn't see the attraction of completely bypassing the blood sucking record labels and their 'you're my bitch now' contracts.

there's a new pressing plant in the UK, based in Middlesbrough called press on vinyl . they are doing great business too . I just priced up the cost of pressing 3000 copies of a single 12" vinyl , depending on what your requirements are regards album colour , photo sleeve, inner sleeves, album weight etc , it came out at just under 10k . so say it Sold at 25 quid that would be 75k profit . he could do that in each country ... not sure what the last few albums have sold in total but there is definitely money to be made .
Someone needs to get this info to Moz's camp. They might actually not be aware of it.

Someone needs to get this info to Moz's camp. They might actually not be aware of it.
That’s only profit on the manufacture of the record. What about the cost of studio time, musicians, distribution, marketing etc?

not much left after that.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom