Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

Moz needs to get plastic surgery and 'perform' with some cute gender fluid dancers wearing very little but a big smile. And enough with singing about real life. It's too depressing. Sex sells. Without Sex the Profits Die...

I don't think we are ever going to get to hear 'The Price of Custard Disgusts Me'.

call himself miss morrissey and there will be contracts and cash falling from the skies,if he is stuck for a dress he can get the one bozz wore on stage.
people who say he will never self release,he has never been in this position before,desperate people do desperate things.

So...how many of you sent an e-mail to Donnie Knutson, and did he respond..?

Good news? Kind of a bitter-sweet one.

It's great that Morrissey is doing what he loves the most. I'm happy for him.

Am I going to listen to the new album soon? Probably not. I don't know...

Like other Moz fans, I wish he could do things differently, so we'd have a different outcome, but I guess what we see is what he'd call his reality. His, not ours.

call himself miss morrissey and there will be contracts and cash falling from the skies,if he is stuck for a dress he can get the one bozz wore on stage.
people who say he will never self release,he has never been in this position before,desperate people do desperate things.
Stephanie Patricia Morrissey

An image from "The Musketeers Of Pig Alley" (1912) was used as a thumbnail on:
"If Saturday Ever Comes" on SER's YT.
FWD.

View attachment 88993

Guess the silent short should be posted ….

and hopefully someday, we can see if any of the lyrics, rather than just the title, we’re influenced by this film.

Some intriguing song titles, must say.

Looking forward as Moz moves forward in his own speedway …

Edit: Version below with musical accompaniment, & short intro commentary

Last edited:

some other versions of the beautiful classic. Wonder how M and company will approach it.

Original version ….

Just self-release both on Bandcamp already, and do boutique label CD & Vinyl deluxe versions for those who want a hard format. He has to get out of this Boomer "big label" mentality, as if he needs some big corporate machine these days to release an album for him, along with a big "single" promotional push, etc. Those day are dead.

Ridiculous - 2 new Morrissey albums in the can (one on the shelf for 2 years), but no actual release of either planned anytime soon it seems.

Just self-release both on Bandcamp already, and do boutique label CD & Vinyl deluxe versions for those who want a hard format. He has to get out of this Boomer "big label" mentality, as if he needs some big corporate machine these days to release an album for him, along with a big "single" promotional push, etc. Those day are dead.

Ridiculous - 2 new Morrissey albums in the can (one on the shelf for 2 years), but no actual release of either planned anytime soon it seems.

He should definitely self-release. Thanks for bringing it up, don’t think it’s been suggested yet.

Following the track list release I was curious as to how many single word song titles Morrissey has created over the years, so I've compiled them below, it's frankly more than I expected;
Suedehead
Disappointed
Tomorrow
Speedway
London
Boxers
Southpaw
Maladjusted
Ammunition
Lost
Mexico
Istanbul
Mountjoy
Israel
Scandinavia
Boulevard
Headache
Notre-Dame

Quite a large portion are location related, and WMTWD has the largest total of single word titles on a main album at 3, the most being 2 from what I've seen going back through the discography...WPINOYB technically has 3 but one of them is a bonus track.

Following the track list release I was curious as to how many single word song titles Morrissey has created over the years, so I've compiled them below, it's frankly more than I expected;
Suedehead
Disappointed
Tomorrow
Speedway
London
Boxers
Southpaw
Maladjusted
Ammunition
Lost
Mexico
Istanbul
Mountjoy
Israel
Scandinavia
Boulevard
Headache
Notre-Dame

Quite a large portion are location related, and WMTWD has the largest total of single word titles on a main album at 3, the most being 2 from what I've seen going back through the discography...WPINOYB technically has 3 but one of them is a bonus track.
Panic
Ask
Jeane
Unloveable
Asleep

Last edited:
Suedehead
Disappointed
Tomorrow
Speedway
London
Boxers
Southpaw
Maladjusted
Ammunition
Lost
Mexico
Istanbul
Mountjoy
Israel
Scandinavia
Boulevard
Headache
Notre-Dame

Ganglord
Sunny
Art-hounds

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom