Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

It's a bit bizarre that they have again, like "Bonfire," announced the song titles etc so soon after recording. Usually this is the kind of thing that happens when the album is actually coming out, and the release date etc is set. Don't they understand basic promotional techniques? It all feels very slapdash and amateurish...

Not to mention the gmail contact address! It means they have no current prospects for this at all.

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson ...

Has it come to this? Has he given up proactively approaching labels?

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson ...

Has it come to this? Has he given up proactively approaching labels?
Maybe he's covering all bases, who knows.

The notion that he has recorded an Elvis cover obviously arouses me, but other than that it’s hard to get excited. No record label wants anything to do with Moz and he apparently doesn’t want to self-release, and thus there will be no new albums for us to hear or buy.

The notion that he has recorded an Elvis cover obviously arouses me, but other than that it’s hard to get excited. No record label wants anything to do with Moz and he apparently doesn’t want to self-release, and thus there will be no new albums for us to hear or buy.
I feel the same way, but I'm hoping he plays some live.

That's what I thought - but the Elvis song is credited to a Mark James?.......Anyway, so nice to come on here and not feel my heart sink at the latest Central post! :) :) :)
Elvis wrote maybe 7 songs. I wish he had written more.

I still need Bonfire in my life. Perhaps an independent financier can secure it for us. I've already designed the new artwork:

1676923168406.png

Hey it's no worse than I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, okay?!

I'd already assumed the contract was terminated based on things he already said.
Me too, but this is the first time it is stated thsi explicitly. It's sad because it seems that Bonfire probably won't be released any time soon and I was really exited for the studio versions. And with the new album - I really hope it won't suffer the same fate.

✂️.. from a TTY statement (2012):

"Morrissey does not have management, and does not have a recording deal. Any enquiries on both of these matters may be addressed to Donnie at [email protected]. No other source at this time represents Morrissey."

4 albums later...
Regards,
FWD.

After the debacle of Bonfire it is indeed hard to get excited by this news. Even the title of the statement - New Recording. - seems to emphasise the fact that its future is unknown. And no sign at all that self releasing is being considered. I suppose the one hope is that a record label out there somewhere agrees to release the new album. It doesn't immediately appear to have any songs whose content will have the woke reaching for the smelling salts, although Moz doesn't need to write a song about an Islamist terror attack to do that. Still, one can but hope that we get to hear this new album in the not too distant future, and that at some point Bonfire rises from the grave.

a private investor,this could be the way to self releasing,you pur your digitised songs into a computer and after a bit of jiggery pokery a cd comes out the other end,how hard can it be.least bonfire is back in his own hands now.

a private investor,this could be the way to self releasing,you pur your digitised songs into a computer and after a bit of jiggery pokery a cd comes out the other end,how hard can it be.least bonfire is back in his own hands now.
Are you sure bonfire is back in his own hands?

That's not clear at all. It really depends on the nature of the contract with Capitol. Capitol may well still have legal ownership of the album (for a specified number of years) - they have simply decided not to release that or any other Morrissey album.

Who pays for the recording session of this ?
Presumably Capitol did for Bonfire….?
Can’t see M putting his hand in his pocket / unless that’s why he’s selling his Mums house in Eire

That's not clear at all. It really depends on the nature of the contract with Capitol. Capitol may well still have legal ownership of the album (for a specified number of years) - they have simply decided not to release that or any other Morrissey album.
I believe that Capitol has ownership, I cant be 100% sure, but I get that nagging feeling that they want him to die before they release it.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom