Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

Hmm, not really convinced by those song titles...
But finally news on the capitol drama.

That's what I thought - but the Elvis song is credited to a Mark James?.......Anyway, so nice to come on here and not feel my heart sink at the latest Central post! :) :) :)
A quick Google search says Mark James was indeed the songwriter for Elvis Presley's 'Suspicious Minds'. So it will be a cover

A quick Google search says Mark James was indeed the songwriter for Elvis Presley's 'Suspicious Minds'. So it will be a cover
Yeah, but the Central announcement says it was written by someone called 'Mark Adams'. I'm guessing it's a typo, unless it's another song with the same name?

Titles are typically idiosyncratic but maybe a little more cryptic than usual.

The prospect of another Morrissey album just about takes the edge off the lost Bonfire LP.

Look forward to hearing this, particularly the co writes with Alain. I suspect the Elvis cover will be spectacular.

So looking forward to the return of Alain, I have a feeling this really will be something special.

I do wonder if Suspicious Minds is actually verbatim a cover song or simply shoplifting inspiration for a title?

Either way the song rings more true than ever with social polarisation and puritanism on the rise;

"We can't go on together
With suspicious minds (suspicious minds)
And we can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds"

All the focus on this new album from now on!
Nah, now it's in the can I think Morrissey should move on and start writing/recording the next one. Maybe by the end of the year we can have a trilogy of unreleased albums! :thumb:

Yeah, but the Central announcement says it was written by someone called 'Mark Adams'. I'm guessing it's a typo, unless it's another song with the same name?
Ah - I misread the above message. Apologies. Must be a different songwriter?
Although, would be very on-brand for Morrissey in 2023 to have a typo in an important press release...

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom