Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

I wonder how many more unreleased albums Morrissey record over the next few years? :unsure:
What's happening to (happened to) Bonfire is really a total failure. :worried:
If Bonfire didn't get released, why is Moz hoping to get WWtMD released??? Why , why why ... :rolleyes:

I wonder how many more unreleased albums Morrissey record over the next few years? :unsure:
If Bonfire didn't get released, why is Moz hoping to get WWtMD released??? Why , why why ... :rolleyes:
His approach now will be very interesting.

I think thats a bit harsh. Some of us (me included) have been really looking forward to his records so delays are bitterly disappointing.

The main thing is though that Moz stays healthy.

The longer we have him the better.

His music makes me happy and I can relate.
Definitely true. But it is not as we have been waiting for years and years for new music.

If the new material has any potential it will definitely be released this year.

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson ...

Has it come to this? Has he given up proactively approaching labels?
That could be good news... I mean that he doesn't have a proactive role in negotiations.

Last edited:
its a thing called HOPE.

That's what I thought - but the Elvis song is credited to a Mark James?.......Anyway, so nice to come on here and not feel my heart sink at the latest Central post! :) :) :)
I agree. But like A Broken Frame said I'll get excited when it's officially available for preorder. As the old saying goes: there's many a slip 'twixt cup and lip.

Moz should do a Fall Tour with a setlist featuring only songs from Dog , Bonfire and World Dies. No Smiths Classics, no solo songs before Dog album ." Hey look how much new music I have. I want to present it to you live. It's just as good as what I did in the 80's and 90's. Just listen " . That would be great . Really . :guitar:

Moz should do a Fall Tour with a setlist featuring only songs from Dog , Bonfire and World Dies. No Smiths Classics, no solo songs before Dog album ." Hey look how much new music I have. I want to present it to you live. It's just as good as what I did in the 80's and 90's. Just listen " . That would be great . Really . :guitar:
100% agree. Do BOT and WMTWD in their entirety.

Elvis wrote maybe 7 songs. I wish he had written more.
Elvis never wrote any part of any of the songs he recorded. His manager the colonel worked out deals that he was to be credited as a co writer for a few during his early career, but in fact they were more a money grab publishing thing. Elvis never wrote anything original ever.

@Famous when dead, can you please compile the best live audio recordings of the Bonfire songs played live, create a nice cover for it and we'll at least have a live EP version?

Release it yourself, for f***'s sake!

You're a multi millionaire. You do not need a record label. You have the means to get your music out there on your own terms.

If these songs are as good as you claim they are, then show yourself, your co songwriters and your band some respect by endeavouring to get the album released, whether it's on a label or on your own steam.

Vanity won't win you any prizes, Moz. If it's the music that counts, prove it.

P.S. Is there anything stopping Morrissey from re recording Bonfire and releasing that himself, too? Isn't that basically what Taylor Swift has done with all her old albums?

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom