Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

Could be their revenge for the"F**k Harvest" T shirts. Or maybe they want their financial investment back.

The fact he hasn't mentioned the UK release of Bonfire doesn't bode well for its label release.
I doubt they were all sitting in the board room saying "how can we get back at that pop singer" and justify spending company money on it.

Capitol records have terminated their contract with Morrissey so they don't have a license for his records anymore. He's free of them and their shackles.

Capitol records have terminated their contract with Morrissey so they don't have a license for his records anymore. He's free of them and their shackles.
I thought they had already gone their separate ways before the "art held hostage" thing kicked off, but saying this, I'm not 100% sure whats going on anymore.

That’s Morrissey’s side of the story.
We don’t know for sure.

RWA from the album is still on streaming services, surely they would take it off if had all collapsed? Like they did with World Peace.

Who pays for the recording session of this ?
Presumably Capitol did for Bonfire….?
Can’t see M putting his hand in his pocket / unless that’s why he’s selling his Mums house in Eire
Morrissey financed the recording of this album, as he did for Bonfire.

people on here.
i dont like the titles.
i dont like the producer.
i dont like the production.
i dont like the artwork,even though i havent seen it.
i dont like the price.
i dont like M and i really cant stand jesse.
i like alain though.

just some of the things you hear on Msolo.

I doubt they were all sitting in the board room saying "how can we get back at that pop singer" and justify spending company money on it.
I'm not saying that they signed him at the outset just to piss on his parade, but maybe when things got messy, the label old guard reminded colleagues of his past behaviour.

At this stage I suppose having RWA on streaming services makes no difference to Capitol one way or the other. It’s not attached to a forthcoming album. It’s just sat there as a stand-alone track. They own it along with the other songs on the record. Once an artist hands something over to a label it ceases to be their property. It usually becomes property of the public consciousness but not this time. At least, not yet.

At this stage I suppose having RWA on streaming services makes no difference to Capitol one way or the other. It’s not attached to a forthcoming album. It’s just sat there as a stand-alone track. They own it along with the other songs on the record. Once an artist hands something over to a label it ceases to be their property. It usually becomes property of the public consciousness but not this time. At least, not yet.
Indeed. But for all we know they could still release other tracks from it, or even the album.

We only ever hear one side of the story.

people on here.
i dont like the titles.
i dont like the producer.
i dont like the production.
i dont like the artwork,even though i havent seen it.
i dont like the price.
i dont like M and i really cant stand jesse.
i like alain though.

just some of the things you hear on Msolo.
You could pretend everything is perfect, but I think that kills the conversation.

Distribution deal, yes.
But I don’t think for a moment he paid for and brought in all this personnel himself.

Morrissey posted this via Central in May 2021:

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

Morrissey posted this via Central in May 2021:

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.
Yes, very much the situation as it is now with the new album.

"The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as 'a lightning strike.' " already has FiDo quality.
You mean something like:
Why the new Morrissey album, that has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike", already is a modern classic now and should be distributed by a well-respected record company worldwide (GB too).

Yes, very much the situation as it is now with the new album.
Surface’ point was that the album was completed before he got a deal/financial backing from Capitol.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom