Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

"The bulk of the songs that would become The Velvet Underground & Nico were recorded in four days in mid-April 1966 at Scepter Studios, a run-down recording studio in Manhattan" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Velvet_Underground_&_Nico

Re Zoom Zoom the Little Boy, a possible inspiration is from the sound-track of a 1993 martial arts film called Only The Strong:

"Only the Strong (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), composed of eleven hip hop and capoeira music songs, was released in 1993 via Fox Records. It features contributions from Jibril Serapis Bey, Marcel Branch, Patrick McCain, Donna Simon, Mellow Man Ace, Miami Boyz and New Version of Soul, as well as Kao Rossman, Scott G., Iki Levy, Stuart S. Shapiro, Blueblood, DJ Muggs, Kid Fury and LRoc on production duties. The most prominent songs in the film are Serapis Bey's "Paranauȇ" and "Zoom-Zoom-Zoom" - the latter being more well known as the theme song for Mazda's TV commercials..." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_the_Strong_(film)#Soundtrack

Clicking on the Zoom-Zoom-Zoom link leads to a short note saying the song was also known as zum-zum-zum, and Zoom Zoom.

Zoom zoom could just be a sound effects term either, or something else.
Or Zoom Zoom The Little Bastard (just a thought)

E4B9AC69-7DF4-4AA2-975D-03FE348C7AE3.jpeg

Mark James wrote and recorded it before Elvis covered it.

Someone was watching too much Wednesday and wrote Mark Adams instead.

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

View attachment 88987

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.
This will all but ensure terrible set lists on upcoming tour. A compilation of new album material by Tobias and the previous album tracks, with less and less songs that saved our lives. Will be lucky to hear 4-5 songs that actually matter.

I find it extremely hard to believe that there could be two songs by the name of ‘Suspicious Minds’ written by two different people with nearly identical names, rather than there being a simple typo in the MC statement.

I had a quick look to see how much it costs to self release your own music on digital platforms. It's not actually that expensive. There would also be the option of having your own CDs and vinyl produced - definitely more expensive, but signed copies I imagine would sell like hot cakes at the merch stall at a concert, and at a fairly inflated price. If Moz waits for a record label to sign him - he may be waiting a long time. And his hurling days are done. He's no spring chicken. Time is against him on this one.

I had a quick look to see how much it costs to self release your own music on digital platforms. It's not actually that expensive. There would also be the option of having your own CDs and vinyl produced - definitely more expensive, but signed copies I imagine would sell like hot cakes at the merch stall at a concert, and at a fairly inflated price. If Moz waits for a record label to sign him - he may be waiting a long time. And his hurling days are done. He's no spring chicken. Time is against him on this one.

It’s completely free to set up your own music platform on Bandcamp

Unfortunately Morrissey doesn't realise how ground breaking a moment this would be if he ventured into this territory. I realise it's been done before but for him it'd be like your parents learning how to use the remote ;)

If Moz was business smart he'd realise that self-releasing the record (and having it sell well) would be the best way for him to get interest from the major labels.

Sleeper who have nowhere near the following that Morrissey has self released and included lots of stuff apart from the basic CD/LP. It was things like signed T Shirts/ Albums/Posters but they also included a live intimate gig at the 100 club which was brilliant but weird as the previous month they had played the 2300 capacity Forum in London. The album also got to 18 in the charts so I'm pretty sure Morrissey would get in the charts if he self released.

Sleeper who have nowhere near the following that Morrissey has self released and included lots of stuff apart from the basic CD/LP. It was things like signed T Shirts/ Albums/Posters but they also included a live intimate gig at the 100 club which was brilliant but weird as the previous month they had played the 2300 capacity Forum in London. The album also got to 18 in the charts so I'm pretty sure Morrissey would get in the charts if he self released.

Absolutely. He already has the Mporium as a platform to sell this stuff. With his love of 'classic' album design Moz could have something really special produced in physical format. Although get rid of SER and employ somebody decent as graphic designer. Imagine what a limited edition of Without Music would sell for. I can't believe he doesn't see the attraction of completely bypassing the blood sucking record labels and their 'you're my bitch now' contracts.

Absolutely. He already has the Mporium as a platform to sell this stuff. With his love of 'classic' album design Moz could have something really special produced in physical format. Although get rid of SER and employ somebody decent as graphic designer. Imagine what a limited edition of Without Music would sell for. I can't believe he doesn't see the attraction of completely bypassing the blood sucking record labels and their 'you're my bitch now' contracts.
Why do you advise "get rid of SER" when you know bloody well, that it will not happen in your lifetime? Obviously, no one reads deeper into Morrissey and his image on the net and would rather stick to the family gang. I really wouldn't be surprised if FiDo moves closer to the core of planet Morrissey, just because Morrissey thinks she improves his image. Boz Boorer is laughing his head off. And if you look closely, you will also notice, that Alain Whyte was more communicative before his return. I'm sure he's also uncomfortable about whether it's going to be "The big 2023 comeback special" or a total commercial crash.

Maybe you (and Surface) should forward this information to Donnie Knutson ?

I remember the posts on here back in the mid 2000s when Quarry and Ringleader were announced.

Morrissey was signed to a record label with which, at the time, he had a productive and harmonious relationship. So there was no jeopardy that the albums somehow wouldn't be released.

We had proper, professional artwork. We had intriguing song titles. We knew the albums would do well in the charts, and that there would be all manner of TV, radio and festival appearances to look forward to.

Those days are gone.

What we have now is a message basically stating "yeah, so I've written and recorded some songs, maybe you'll get to hear them one day, maybe you won't".

It's just all so sad.

If we take Morrissey at his word and believe that he really has been treated like shit by a string of record labels over the years, then why does he continue to live in this alternate universe in which self releasing music isn't a thing? Even poor, part time musicians can self release. Morrissey has been a professional recording artist for 40 years, is a very wealthy man and has a massive worldwide fanbase, even after the, shall we say, shenanigans in recent years.

Why does he continue to simp for an industry that he clearly doesn't believe values him?
To quote South Park re Meghan Markle:
Morrissey
Songwriter
Performer
Lyricist
Victim.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom