Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

I agree. Immediately after reading that and seeing a GMAIL address I just felt a bit sad. It was not unlike reading an add for someone selling a used car in a newspaper.
I am wondering just how much he actually even cares about this album, which he says is the best album of his life written during the worst time of his life, when he treats it so carelessly. He has thrown tantrum after tantrum over it.
What he needs to do
Get a proper website with proper email addresses
Hire someone to run all of his social media, do his own promotion
Have a mailing list, I find out so many things in band mailing lists I am subscribed to
Put this album up for streaming, have a listening party with the fans he claims to love so much and he says he knows we love him
Charge per track

Last edited:
Capitol bought the right to release BOT everywhere except the UK. But what UK label would want to touch an album with such a controversial title track?
WMTWD is free to be sold to the highest bidder. It doesn't appear to have any controversial material (who knows?) so he may well find a label to release it eventually. Eventually...
Any normal artist would self release. But as we know, Moz isn't any normal artist...
I highlighted the BOT title right at the beginning and said the title alone will prohibit a UK release.

What is this? Amateur Hour? What's going on, Moz?? They're changing the Roald Dahl lyrics now. Get a proper deal, not a new e-mail (!!), and release the albums as they should, before someone changes these lyrics as well.........!!

Capitol bought the right to release BOT everywhere except the UK. But what UK label would want to touch an album with such a controversial title track?
WMTWD is free to be sold to the highest bidder. It doesn't appear to have any controversial material (who knows?) so he may well find a label to release it eventually. Eventually...
Any normal artist would self release. But as we know, Moz isn't any normal artist...
thats why i wander in here on a daily basis for the last 20 years,i wouldnt change M in any way,if i wanted normal i would be on ed sheeran solo, yuck .

I am wondering just how much he actually even cares about this album, which he says is the best album of his life written during the worst time of his life, when he treats it so carelessly. He has thrown tantrum after tantrum over it.
What he needs to do
Get a proper website with proper email addresses
Hire someone to run all of his social media, do his own promotion
Have a mailing list, I find out so many things in band mailing lists I am subscribed to
Put this album up for streaming, have a listening party with the fans he claims to love so much and he says he knows we love him
Charge per track
well said red.

Double LP title:
Without Bonfire Teenagers Die
;)
Yes he should release a double album with the material he has - Why does WMTWD have just 9 original songs and BOT have just 11 songs. If he picked the best 14 out of the 20 unreleased and used the others as bonus tracks for singles we might have a decent album and some decent promotion. How many of these 20 songs will be throw away or "experimental" (The Secret of Music)?

Heaven knows he’s miserable now: Morrissey shares morose-sounding tracklist for new album

1/10 for title effort.
Given Central have not added the link to their main URL - I wonder where NME & The Independent are getting the story from 🤔
👋
FWD.

I agree. Immediately after reading that and seeing a GMAIL address I just felt a bit sad. It was not unlike reading an add for someone selling a used car in a newspaper.
I think you put it very well. There is something sad about this. Moz is still standing - but he has been diminished of late.
And the message to other artists is clear. Don't talk about anything real. Keep your mouth and your mind shut. Play the game.
Instead of talking about anything real - dress in spandex and shake your booty with the devil. Ground breaking! Push those boundaries!

he churns out albums the way light housework churns out paintings. he should really spend more time on each one, especially since it's not like anyone is chomping at the bit to get them produced; he has time. at the least he should spend more time creating better song titles, cause im just not convinced by those song titles that this album is going to be anything worth listening to.

Elvis never wrote any part of any of the songs he recorded. His manager the colonel worked out deals that he was to be credited as a co writer for a few during his early career, but in fact they were more a money grab publishing thing. Elvis never wrote anything original ever.
Wrong, Elvis co-wrote That's Someone You Never Forget and You'll be Gone. Get your facts straight.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom