Morrissey Central "New Recording." (February 20, 2023)

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

Attack-min.png

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.

I think expectations due to Alain's involvement are too high. It really depends on Morrissey. He's been given a lot of great music by many members of his band, but if he decides to be lazy...

I'm as big a fan of Alain as you could find and I still have apprehensions. So far, he and Jesse have melded together far better live than I ever envisioned but who knows how that plays out on a studio recording? Alain and Boz had an easy and complementary guitar partnership from 1991-2004. And, as far as the material goes: do we get "First of the Gang to Die"-grade Alain - or "I Am Two People"-grade Alain?

But, to you your point, the true benchmark will be Morrissey's lyrical offerings. I'm a former obsessive who has only casually dabbled in his new recordings since Low In High School and, in my opinion, he has become ever more frustratingly uneven lyrically. We'll see in due time.

WITHOUT MUSIC THE WORLD DIES has been recorded in France. The 10-track album has been described by Jesse Tobias as "a lightning strike."

This is the 5th Morrissey album produced by Joe Chiccarelli.
The songs are:

The Night Pop Dropped
Zoom Zoom The Little Boy
Boulevard
Headache
Without Music the World Dies

Suspicious Minds
Notre-Dame
Many Icebergs Ago
Happy New Tears
The Monsters of Pig Alley

1 and 2 co-written with Jesse Tobias
3, 7, 9, 10 co-written with Alain Whyte
4, 5, 8 co-written with Gustavo Manzur
6 written by Mark Adams
Engineered by Bill Mimms.
Recorded at La Fabrique Studios in St-Remy, France.
Jesse Tobias guitars
Alain Whyte guitars and backing vocals
Gustavo Manzur keyboards and backing vocals
Juan Galeano bass
Brendan Buckley drums

Capitol Records Los Angeles recently terminated their contract with Morrissey, therefore if any record label or private investor has interest in releasing this project, please contact Donnie Knutson at

[email protected]

View attachment 88987

Details of the newly completed album 'Without Music the World Dies', plus news that Capitol Records has terminated their contract with Morrissey.
If by “a lightning strike,” Mr. Tobias means something that enters my head and almost instantaneously exits through the soles of my feet, whilst also making me wish for a merciful death, I’m sure Jesse is correct.

I dreamt that we heard "My Funeral" and "Diana Dors" last night.

Maybe someday we'll got an album with songs like The Kid's Are Looker, Action is My Middle Name, People Are the Same Everywhere in a studio version, as happen with Art Hounds.

I wish. I love those songs & would love it if the Canadian live studio session he recorded of them with Tony Visconti - along with Scandinavia - were released as an E.P.

If by “a lightning strike,” Mr. Tobias means something that enters my head and almost instantaneously exits through the soles of my feet, whilst also making me wish for a merciful death, I’m sure Jesse is correct.
Unfortunately you’re right , the 2 new songs in the Paris show were so dull.

Unfortunately you’re right , the 2 new songs in the Paris show were so dull.
Hard disagree - the 2 new songs are very, very good. I think they don't fit entirely with the current setlist but ultimately that M's decision. If I were him, i'd take out Jim, Jim Falls, Veronica, Bullfighter and bring back Life is a Pigsty and World is full of Crashing Bores. These are pop bangers like Jack and Trouble and Everyday - all these songs showcase the musicianship of the players while the audience stays entranced, mesmerized by Morrissey's voice.

Last edited:
Just watched the new Elvis movie and hope Morrissey is on his A game if Suspicious Minds is the Elvis cover as I've just listened to the original and its absolutely fantastic.

Just watched the new Elvis movie and hope Morrissey is on his A game if Suspicious Minds is the Elvis cover as I've just listened to the original and its absolutely fantastic.
Only Elvis can do Elvis, but good on Moz for actually covering great material.

Tags
without music the world dies

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom