new Radiohead album in 10 days!!!...sorta....

More details

http://www.inrainbows.com/Store/index2.html

12.jpg

The album is called IN RAINBOWS.
You can buy the album in two formats: discbox or download. The discbox version comes with TWO CD's, TWO vinyl discs, as well as the download. This costs 40 pounds, or about $81.

The album cost of the download version is up to you. You type in how much you'd like to pay for the album, and that is the cost.

The discboxes will be shipped on or before December 3.

TRACKLISTING
15 STEP
BODYSNATCHERS
NUDE
WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI
ALL I NEED
FAUST ARP
RECKONER
HOUSE OF CARDS
JIGSAW FALLING INTO PLACE
VIDEOTAPE

CD2 TRACKLISTING (DISCBOX ONLY)
MK 1
DOWN IS THE NEW UP
GO SLOWLY
MK 2
LAST FLOWERS
UP ON THE LADDER
BANGERS AND MASH
4 MINUTE WARNING

Being realistic, all they've really done is find a way to make money out of downloads that most people do illegally before they buy the album anyway. It will be released as a CD later on and loads of people who bought the download will then buy the CD. Whereas normally they would have got the preview for "free".

It's genius that they are somehow convincing people that they are getting something cheap out of this though. :D

I've always bought their records, but I can't afford the $82 for a box set. I'd like to support them though. They're driving the record companies to drink.

I always wonder what's so special about Radiodead

same counts for Belle and Sebastian [or whatever their name is]

shooting stars never stop
even if they reach the top

FGTH - pleasure dome

Being realistic, all they've really done is find a way to make money out of downloads that most people do illegally before they buy the album anyway. It will be released as a CD later on and loads of people who bought the download will then buy the CD. Whereas normally they would have got the preview for "free".

It's genius that they are somehow convincing people that they are getting something cheap out of this though. :D

You're right, I must say. So I bought it for zero pounds.

I always wonder what's so special about Radiodead

same counts for Belle and Sebastian [or whatever their name is]

shooting stars never stop
even if they reach the top

FGTH - pleasure dome

THERE GOES A SUPERNOVA
Why don't we show them yeh!!!11

I've always bought their records, but I can't afford the $82 for a box set. I'd like to support them though. They're driving the record companies to drink.

so how cools is THIS? radiohead say: pay what you want

In Rainbows will be released as a digital download available only via the band's web site, Radiohead.com. There's no label or distribution partner to cut into the band's profits — but then there may not be any profits. Drop In Rainbows' 15 songs into the online checkout basket and a question mark pops up where the price would normally be. Click it, and the prompt "It's Up To You" appears. Click again and it refreshes with the words "It's Really Up To You" — and really, it is. It's the first major album whose price is determined by what individual consumers want to pay for it. And it's perfectly acceptable to pay nothing at all.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1666973,00.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom