New 'Queen is Dead' image posted by Official Smiths Facebook

A new image with the headline '#TQID' has been published on the Official Smiths Facebook page. SPECULATION: we know there is a re-issue with extra tracks planned, could this be new cover art?

40361_tqid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon that chap looks like lil' Sammy when he likes to pretend he drank too much at The Viper Room and collapses on the floor to pretend like he is a rock star.

great , and typical Smiths cover, really like it

if a vinyl 7' or 12' from the Queen is dead would be released I put my money on 'Bigmouth strikes again'or 'There is a light that never goes out.

If it is the new artwork it prompts the question what was wrong with the old artwork?

Step right up folks, form a nice orderly line! Free kick in the nuts to the first 100 people to make a Paint a Vulgar Picture joke- and ladies, we ain't discriminating! We'll kick you in the crotch as well! Hurry, hurry, don't be shy! Step right up!

Have they said what the extra tracks would be?

I hate to be negative but.... that guy looks like a wimp who Dracula refused to turn into a vampire. Like a 2017 watered down version of Renfield, but without the strength of character to eat flies and spiders.

dwight-frye-renfield.jpg

SPECULATION: what was wrong with the original album or indeed the remastered version released in the 90's? The only justification for a re-release is if it is done properly with an extra CD or two CDs of bonus songs, like The Cure did with Disintegration and some of their other deluxe versions.

Betcha it's the New Orleans Never Had No One Ever, the original lyrics version of TIALTNGO, the instrumental QID, and whatever else Irregular Regular had on his CD.

I do not own that cd.
But I expect it will be all (or the vast majority of) those tracks that are included in a bonus disc.
Finally.

Someone who sometimes posts here told me a while ago that the 1986 concert at Salford Uni was filmed and got edited together maybe 5-10 years ago in preparation for release. Their source for this was 100% impeccable. So that could be part of a special edition.

I hate to be negative but.... that guy looks like a wimp who Dracula refused to turn into a vampire. Like a 2017 watered down version of Renfield, but without the strength of character to eat flies and spiders. QUOTE]

....but isn't it just another frame of Alain Delon from the film 'The Unvanquished'? There was "alternative" artwork used for the cassette edition of the album in Spain:

qid-spacs.jpg

great , and typical Smiths cover, really like it

if a vinyl 7' or 12' from the Queen is dead would be released I put my money on 'Bigmouth strikes again'or 'There is a light that never goes out.

I think you are right there!
Now, who is taking bets, Ladbroke?
We could be awfully rich celibate! :)

Another one? We've already had two singles released in the UK as part of the build-up campaign to this reissue: 'The Boy With the Thorn' and 'The Queen is Dead'. Do we need a 3rd one?

A re-release of the album with a second disc of Pablo-type, cleaned up rarities would be wonderful.
easy gif1500069478760-iloveimg-compressed.gif

I'd keep the original cover and make disc 2 feature a new shot of Alan. If anyone hasn't seen L'Insoumis - it is definitely worth a watch.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom