New 'Queen is Dead' image posted by Official Smiths Facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 13, 2017.

By Anonymous on Jul 13, 2017 at 9:19 PM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Over to you Brenda !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
      • Troll Troll x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. AztecCamera
      AztecCamera
      Reckon that chap looks like lil' Sammy when he likes to pretend he drank too much at The Viper Room and collapses on the floor to pretend like he is a rock star.
      • Funny Funny x 2
    3. celibate
      celibate
      great , and typical Smiths cover, really like it

if a vinyl 7' or 12' from the Queen is dead would be released I put my money on 'Bigmouth strikes again'or 'There is a light that never goes out.
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    4. Johnny Barleycorn
      Johnny Barleycorn
      If it is the new artwork it prompts the question what was wrong with the old artwork?
      • Like Like x 1
    5. g23
      g23
      Step right up folks, form a nice orderly line! Free kick in the nuts to the first 100 people to make a Paint a Vulgar Picture joke- and ladies, we ain't discriminating! We'll kick you in the crotch as well! Hurry, hurry, don't be shy! Step right up!
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. bored
      bored
      Have they said what the extra tracks would be?
    7. ACTON
      ACTON
      I hate to be negative but.... that guy looks like a wimp who Dracula refused to turn into a vampire. Like a 2017 watered down version of Renfield, but without the strength of character to eat flies and spiders.

[​IMG]
    8. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Betcha it's the New Orleans Never Had No One Ever, the original lyrics version of TIALTNGO, the instrumental QID, and whatever else Irregular Regular had on his CD.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    9. ACTON
      ACTON
      SPECULATION: what was wrong with the original album or indeed the remastered version released in the 90's? The only justification for a re-release is if it is done properly with an extra CD or two CDs of bonus songs, like The Cure did with Disintegration and some of their other deluxe versions.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. bored
      bored
      Not similar enough to This Charming Man's artwork?
    11. Irregular Regular
      Irregular Regular
      I do not own that cd.
      But I expect it will be all (or the vast majority of) those tracks that are included in a bonus disc.
      Finally.
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      I know, but you were the first to post the instrumental, so I was paying homage.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. Irregular Regular
      Irregular Regular
      One thing you and I were both correct about is that there would be Smiths releases this year.
      Have a look at the first couple of posts when the 'fake' QID 12" surfaced.
    14. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      I know. But some folk, you know, the loons, don't like to listen to reason.
    15. Cornflakes
      Cornflakes
      Someone who sometimes posts here told me a while ago that the 1986 concert at Salford Uni was filmed and got edited together maybe 5-10 years ago in preparation for release. Their source for this was 100% impeccable. So that could be part of a special edition.
      • Interesting Interesting x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
    16. GMS
      GMS
    17. Quando quando quando
      Quando quando quando
      I think you are right there!
      Now, who is taking bets, Ladbroke?
      We could be awfully rich celibate! :)
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Another one? We've already had two singles released in the UK as part of the build-up campaign to this reissue: 'The Boy With the Thorn' and 'The Queen is Dead'. Do we need a 3rd one?
    19. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      A re-release of the album with a second disc of Pablo-type, cleaned up rarities would be wonderful.
      easy gif1500069478760-iloveimg-compressed.gif
      I'd keep the original cover and make disc 2 feature a new shot of Alan. If anyone hasn't seen L'Insoumis - it is definitely worth a watch.
      Regards,
      FWD.
      Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Interesting Interesting x 1