New picture book on Smiths / Manchester places

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2006 (read-only)' started by The Goat, Dec 28, 2006.

1. The Goat

The Goat Banned

2. vivabob

vivabob Ordinary Boy

i think its a great idea i think i could have done it myself but i am glad you done it and i will buy it when it comes out - well done

www.myspace.com/jenandbob

:cool:

3. thaxter tewksbury

thaxter tewksbury Member

Goat, please let us know when it's out. I'd be happy to get a copy.

4. girlunafraid

girlunafraid Banned

Hi I would like to swap 2 Morrissey's Manchester books for 1 of these.

(sorry, was watching Swap Shop last night!!)

5. omus_taf

omus_taf New Member

Hi Everyone

New to this site but thought I should clear a couple of things up. The book I have produced (see M.E.N article). http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._just_270.html

I just wanted to make it clear that it wasn't only about the 'The Smiths' (as the M.E.N. seems to portay it) it has a couple of other projects in there too: 'Seaside Special' (images of Southport and Blackpool) and 'Salford Old/New' (contrasting images of Salfords changing face) and of course 'This Charming Town' (which is obviously 'The Smiths' project I did based on Phill Gatenby's lovely book).

As you may have read, all the images were taken with a £2.70 Russian camera I picked up on eBay from a guy named Vladimir. The Smiths project was my first venture with it.

This is a shameless plug! If anyone wish to aquire a copy they can do so either direct from myself of The Cornerhouse, R.I.B.A or The Lowry bookshop and all the images in the book are available on limited edition canvas frames or prints.

to preview a PDF visit: www.base-collective.co.uk/peterwright

Regards

Peter Wright
    [email protected]

6. Uncleskinny

Uncleskinny It's all good Subscriber

I like that a lot.

Peter

7. Sister

Sister Losing my edge

Wow!

From Russia with Love??

I have that Smena camera by the way, somewhere at my grandma's. It was my first camera, my dad gave me when I was 8.

Nice book, I shall buy it.

8. andy_fozzy

andy_fozzy Banned

WOW Peter.
    That is lovely.

Well done!

9. Brel

Brel Guttersnipe

I went to Zinc after the Friday Gmex gig, I didn't notice anything being exhibited? Just goes to show how much attention I was paying.

10. omus_taf

omus_taf New Member

For those of you that have enquired, I don't currently have an exhibition of my LOMO images (From Russia with Love) but I am currently working to exhibit and I will infom morrissey-solo when I do and thanks for all your interest I've had emails from as far as Argentina.

For anyone that does place an order there is a FREE set of postcards (including 'The Iron Bridge' and 'Strangeways door'.

Thanks again
    Peter