New Orleans, LA - Saenger Theater (June 11, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Will Never Marry / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Not A Man / My Dearest Love / Scandinavia / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Abrahan

Last edited:
Moz's tone was a lot more sober than when I saw him last year in Beaumont. He definitely did not engage with the crowd as much. In Beaumont, he handed the mike to people in the crowd, telling them, This is your chance to tell the world what you think. He also played a lot more of his repertoire or standards that we've all come to love, you know those ones that once heard replay in our heads all day. The first part of the show after Suedehead sidestepped the searing sexual and emotional and wry affairs of the heart songs and was more about making us not just aware of but to confront (the visuals were harsh but we live in a harsh brutal world) the state of the world. Let's face it, the apocalypse is here from climate issues to state sanctioned violence, global traumas related to starvation, drought, disease, and war and let's not forget the farming industrial complex and Morrissey has never been one to hide his head in the sand. I respect and admire him for creating a dynamic polemical show that moved us beyond ourselves to much larger issues related to the socio-economic times we live in. The second part of the show he threw out many bones from Everyday is Sunday on, he got the crowd on its feet and played some classics dear to my heart. Stop Me If you've heard this one before, Now My Heart is full, The queen is dead. I was more than satisfied with the show and I commend him for pushing the audience to think about the screwed up world we live in and not worry about how his show would be received. He is a f*** all y'all kind of entertainer, I'm going to sing what I want.

Oh, sing your life
The things that you love
And the things you loathe
Oh, sing your life, oh, sing your life

Morrissey - Sing Your Life Lyrics

I was at the show last night in NOLA. I'm 41, first time I've seen him live. If I had looked up the setlist beforehand, I probably would have chosen not go. I'm one of those "old guys" who was foolishly hoping to hear some of the classics. That said, he is who he is, and his voice is still magnificent. I was just disappointed that I couldn't sing along more - my fault for not buying "World Peace", I guess.

As for thos who say house was empty - no. I was in the lower section, so I have no idea about the balcony. But I was in the back of the lower level, and all rows were full.

Overall, a bit disappointed, but still glad I went.

Nice obsevations, Feral Rhetor. The show I saw in St. Pete last year was also more talkative and he passed the mike around there as well. I seem to remember reading in a recent interview (can't remember which) that he couldn't do that any more per "doctor's orders" due to the possibility of the mike transmitting germs/infection/illness which could cause cancellations.

Think how much better his new material would be.....how much better his live shows would be.....if Jesse Tobias wasn't in the band.

#Frustrating

Think how much better his new material would be.....how much better his live shows would be.....if Jesse Tobias wasn't in the band.

#Frustrating

Imagine how much better this website would be if you wouldn't always post the same garbage. With this I mean Jesse Tobias and empty venues. I'm sure you are the same person.

Here's an interview where Phil Anselmo talks about how much he loves The Smiths so my guess is that he was definitely there: https://youtu.be/_kTsbuoTOKs

Thanks for the link. Here are comments from Phil on the nola.com article:

DARKTHRONE said:
Damn right I was there, and I adored every second of the show.

Morrissey has more GUTS than 99% of any performer(s) in the music industry, and he can take a simple handful of words (that most song writers, myself included, would use for entire 30-word blurbs) and be more effective than all of us combined.

Whatta performer.

What a GREAT song writer.

What an awesome show.

Thanks for the shout out Alison!

But the glory goes purely, to the great Moz.

PHA '15

Source: http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2015/06/morrisseys_us_tour_opener_at_t.html

its not even halfway back and you can already see the many empty seats.

Because people are standing up and in the aisles, you tit!

sorrow of stamford bridge, returning to observe absolutely no change here.

What was the rape rock limp biscuit video that was played? I'm so confused by this?

Let's face it, the apocalypse is here from climate issues to state sanctioned violence, global traumas related to starvation, drought, disease, and war and let's not forget the farming industrial complex and Morrissey has never been one to hide his head in the sand.

It's nice here.

How much do the MIM stencils cost ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

there no more than a handful of people outside the venue waiting to enter, it appears deserted, factually.

Well said earlier, Feral Rhetor. I agree its great that he presents and expresses his view of the larger issues of the world, as he always has, and of course he's going to do and sing whatever he pleases--that's a given with our beloved Moz and probably one of the reasons we appreciate him so much---giving voice to some of the same feelings and opinions we ourselves have. I'm thankful that he's still including a few of the seminal classics, albeit, I personally and perhaps selfishly wish the ratio were somewhat reversed or different, but of course you can't please all the people all of the time so you have to just please yourself.

I suppose the old songs just hold such a special meaning and significance to many of us, and perhaps we never got to see them performed back in the day (or even if we did) it is like a transcendent experience for us when we are treated to them. Here's this person that's kind of larger than life to us, whose music has meant so much to us and helped pull us through tough times perhaps as far back as our teenage years--we related so much to his words and voice. He was our companion when we might have felt alone in the world. The music just has so much resonance. Anyway, I'm rambling but I hope everyone knows where I'm coming from. I just wanted to say that I'm not complaining about the chosen setlist, I'm just expressing my "druthers" if you know what I mean. I'm sure we could all come up with our own "wish lîst" and they would probably all be different--that's where I'm coming from. I'm still just so thankful and happy and excited to hear him play whatever he wants to give us. Peace.

In response to the rape rock Limp Bizkit pre-show video question....It was The Apex Theory. Very odd choice indeed, I was also confused.

Back
Top Bottom