New official website - morrisseyofficial.com

The Marketing for Quarry was nearly perfect. I don't think it will be the same this time because Moz won't play the game again and the interest in him is lower than 13 years ago.

This is true, but he still keeps the same fans of 13 years ago, and even got new ones over the years,- myself for example- I've been a fan since 2015
It's the press that's not interested anymore (if it's not to talk shit about him)

I think these stand-offish, impersonal sites are going to be the way forward.
Nobody is safe from fake Moz stuff.
Here's an amp tech who has some interesting pictures of the recording studio at the time of recording LIHS.
He cites '@miserymozzery' as a Moz insta - this insta has England is Mine pictures on it so it's highly unlikely to be real.

https://www.instagram.com/and_redamp/

Regards,
FWD.

But why is that? Interviews used to be almost as important as the music.

has he been asked in any of the email interviews he's done yet? It would be a good question to put to him, journalists please take note !

But why is that? Interviews used to be almost as important as the music.

I don't know for sure. I've a book of collected interviews that read in chronological order and you can see the interviews change in tone over the years. I think in part he became sorta mistrustful of them after a few bad experiences where he wasn't portrayed honestly. It could also just be a matter of having a lot to say about yourself when you're young and wanting to talk about yourself which can change as you get older especially when interviewers go over the same subjects every time and ask similar questions as if you were still that young person. It can probably make you feel like no ones listening so what's the point. It also seemed that as morrissey garnered a reputation for being an intense interview subject the interviewers became more like debaters in a battle of wits than reporters. Like they were overcome by the urge to outdo morrissey in his own style (sorta like here sometimes) which in some of those interviews becomes really annoying even as a reader. He might likewise just be tired of trying to express himself and simply want at this point in his life to let the albums speak for themselves. He's always said everything's in the songs anyway. In the end though I don't know for sure. He really doesn't appear to trust interviewers anymore and seems barely able to contain his contempt. Not as bad as say Neil you got but it's there

Interviews now are vetted and vetted before release. It's a control thing. You will hardly ever see an immediate face-to-face interview now because it cannot be controlled. The One Show was an example.

I guess next week is tracklist time! :)
What do you think - will we get an Morrissey official Email of the song titles first, or will it be a press release from the NME and co.?
Same with the tour dates...

Interviews now are vetted and vetted before release. It's a control thing. You will hardly ever see an immediate face-to-face interview now because it cannot be controlled. The One Show was an example.

And if you don't believe Skinny now ! Here is the cringeworthy intro.
God he's embarrassing at stuff like this, It makes me want to hide behind the couch.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Benny :tiphat: the one and only British Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

#Switzerland is yours

Nice to meet you here Benny.
Are you by any chance the one and only vegetarian brittish butcher?
Switzerland is mine, you are correct, I paid for it.

He doesn't do live interviews because he will get drunk and start making ill-advised comments that Ketamine Sun and the Mozbots (good band name!) will have to spin and "explain" until the next round of interviews.

I guess next week is tracklist time! :)
What do you think - will we get an Morrissey official Email of the song titles first, or will it be a press release from the NME and co.?
Same with the tour dates...

I would guess both

Nice to meet you here Benny.
Are you by any chance the one and only vegetarian brittish butcher?
Switzerland is mine, you are correct, I paid for it.

Its impossible to meet me here ! :crazy:
*British :thumb:

Off you 4ck now ! (4ck nugget :brows: )

#spent my load all day in bed (coming soon :eek: )

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom