New NME Morrissey interview???

Bluebirds

Is it out in London yet? I was under the impression the NME usually hit the newstands on Tuesday in the Big Smoke?

Or must we in the Provinces wait until tomorrow?

If someone could scan so I don't have to pay the best part of £2 reading about Amy Winehouse/ Pete Doherty/ Kate Nash/ Lily Allen I'd appreciate it.

Yeah, it should be out in London around now.
The NME website normally shows the cover of the new mag by late on Tuesday too.
http://www.nme.com/magazine

I'm hoping for a decent interview. The 2006 ones were pretty disappointing. Really lacking in humour and insight. Morrissey's 1980's and early 90's interviews with the NME (and the rest of the music press) were absolutely priceless...

It comes out on wednesdays, so it should be out tomorrow.

It comes out on wednesdays, so it should be out tomorrow.

Yes, but in London it actually comes out on Tuesdays.
Also, the website has the new cover on it usually by Tuesday early evening so we'll soon know whether Moz, at the tender of age of 48 and a half, is deemed cool enough to still be cover material!

If someone could scan so I don't have to pay the best part of £2 reading about Amy Winehouse/ Pete Doherty/ Kate Nash/ Lily Allen I'd appreciate it.

I'm planning on getting the magazine on my way home from work tomorrow, so if no one has scanned it by then, I'll be happy to.

I'm planning on getting the magazine on my way home from work tomorrow, so if no one has scanned it by then, I'll be happy to.

I've just seen the NME. i don't have a scanner, but you can judge by the final para of the article : "Steven Patrick Morrissey has had a stormy relationship with this magazine and its readers over the last 3 decades. He might once have been the voice of a generation but given his comments in these two interviews, he's certainly not speaking for us now."

It seems to be as trailed - perfectly normal interview that got derailed by a discussion of immigration and the effects of this on the loss of UK's identity (allegedly!)

Should breathe life into the ailing NME for a few more weeks.

I've just seen the NME. i don't have a scanner, but you can judge by the final para of the article : "Steven Patrick Morrissey has had a stormy relationship with this magazine and its readers over the last 3 decades. He might once have been the voice of a generation but given his comments in these two interviews, he's certainly not speaking for us now."

It seems to be as trailed - perfectly normal interview that got derailed by a discussion of immigration and the effects of this on the loss of UK's identity (allegedly!)

Can you tell us who did the interview?
Thank you very much for your help. :)

Can you tell us who did the interview?
Thank you very much for your help. :)

Tim Jonze

I've also just seen the comment from the editor " blah blah blah didn't expect to be talking about immigration blah blah moz just nostalgic creature but singling out immigration as reason for lost identity is naive and inflammatory. He couldn't possibly understand, he's been away. depressing to be having this conversation with such a talented artist"

Few nice pictures for the frink thread I suspect though.

Other morsels :

1. getting on better with JM now "we have an understanding"
2. his fav singer is was born in iraq and now lives in egypt
3. ROTT - was never in love, suited the reviewers to say that

Must go and get the dinner on now.

"Oh dear, not again" meaning a repeat of the ugly regicide the NME staged in the 90s?

Looks like it'll be their biggest selling issue of the year.

Tim Jonze

I've also just seen the comment from the editor " blah blah blah didn't expect to be talking about immigration blah blah moz just nostalgic creature but singling out immigration as reason for lost identity is naive and inflammatory. He couldn't possibly understand, he's been away. depressing to be having this conversation with such a talented artist"

Few nice pictures for the frink thread I suspect though.

Other morsels :

1. getting on better with JM now "we have an understanding"
2. his fav singer is was born in iraq and now lives in egypt
3. ROTT - was never in love, suited the reviewers to say that

Must go and get the dinner on now.

oh dear. sounds like Moz has really blown it now.
was hoping (vainly) for a witty, optimistic piece focusing on the new songs, the upcoming concerts etc.

unfortunately, it looks like Moz is portraying himself (or gonna be portrayed) as competely out of touch and a little bigoted.
it will sever his relationship with NME which unfortunately he still needs.

oh, if they said that, then they're just ass-kissers then. Blah.
how boring of them. and expected.

Seen the quote they have on the cover?

"The gates of England are flooded. The country's been thrown away."

Never let it be said that the NME don't know how to generate controversy. I'll be back with you tomorrow with pics, words, scans, etc.

magImage.php

What a bunch of c***s.

Why put that quote on the cover?

God this has made me really angry!

I just saw that! I hate the NME. :mad:
Why can't Moz have his opinion?! Mass immigration of any people into any country vastly changes the culture of the country. Why is this so contentious? Oh, for chrissake. How do we know he even said it?

More power to you, Moz. We're with you, we support you, we love you, I love you.

He doesn't need them! really, they're beneath him at this point, I think.

Unfortunately he does ... to a degree.
Morrissey's management put an enormous (and expensive) two page advert in NME last week for the London dates. They know how many Morrissey fans read the paper...

Back
Top Bottom