New NME Morrissey interview???

even after day of photographing stuff... I still feel to perhaps send letters to other artists as I suggested earlier. It is not my style to take the legal course of action because I have no faith in the system that enforces and decides. I have no faith in judges and I do not like to feed lawyers. I feel that artists should stand up because what they have to offer is precious and if it is taken away, then NME folds. I feel that many facts in this case clearly show that politically motivated injustice has been dealt in the name of journalism. Media offending and hurting an artist should (in my book) be brought to justice by artists - I just wonder if anybody would have to spine to not contribute to NME when they asked. :confused: I don't have so much faith in so called artists either - it would give them a chance to prove what they are made of for sure... I just don't know that they would allow themselves to see it that way because of their own investments and codependency with this publication... as trashy as it is.

don't get me wrong, i worship morrissey

but he's a pompous arse and he's not as clever as he thinks he is and i think he's too used to being surrounded by fawners

i aren't buying the f***ing NME but i had a flick through it in tesco and couldn't believe some of the stuff he was saying - but i was gleeful, cos i love him best when he's embroiled in some feud

and i am "deliciously happy" at the news today that we're going to be treated to the spectacle of morrissey in a legal battle with the nme! :D

Lol! Great post. :)

All this talk of boycotting, etc, is a bit over the top, I think. It reminds me of the Letterman Ribs Fiasco. Why the hell would artists & advertisers boycott NME for Morrissey's sake at the price of their own publicity and promotion?? It's ridiculous.
Moz may mean the world to us, but that doesn't mean he means the same to everyone else on the planet also.

Am I alone in thinking this??

Last edited:

All this talk of boycotting, etc, is a bit over the top, I think. It reminds me of the Letterman Ribs Fiasco. Why the hell would artists & advertisers boycott NME for Morrissey's sake at the price of their own publicity and promotion?? It's ridiculous.
Moz may mean the world to us, but that doesn't mean he means the same to everyone else on the planet also.

No. As long as the NME exists, bands will freely cooperate with them. This isn't about that, I don't think.

This might possibly be spun as an example of how the media and the paparazzi, at large, are just out to sensationalize and destroy in the name of the dollar, but basically it's just publicity on both sides. Morrissey said what he said, and he said nothing inflammatory at all. NME's editors are in the wrong, but they'll both get some publicity out of it and Morrissey will be fine.

Don't you think? Am I being overly calm?

I only in agree with you in that they would not boycott him because they have their own publicity in mind. I could easily see Morrissey boycotting a publication or anything for that matter if they did this to NY Dolls or something... and that is what gives him integrity and what makes him so wonderful. Since 5 out of ten of the most popular artists according to NME are big Moz listeners and adorers... I would think some of them would be worth the title of artist and actually stand up for him.

I disagree with the post that he was totally out of line and this and that... I don't think he really said anything that shocking and I think that plenty of people are completely crazy - nearly everybody I saw on that Question Time program posted here tonight were saying the same exact thing and it felt like such a bottled formula pc answer. I am not interested in National Identity (as the video I posted here earlier completely illustrates) but I do think that people are very very quick to toss around the world RACISM and I believe NME was on a witch hunt. It amazes me how pc people are on this issue and just how little it takes to be immediately labeled racist in the UK... or so it seems from the media responses I have seen.

I don't think Morrissey should have to stand up against that alone. Esp not when it is transparent and when he has given so much to so many of us... given us insight into things that are much less transparent than this witch hunt of Conors.

That's my take on it. At the same time - I am a bit crazy, I am the first to admit that.

I am not interested in National Identity (as the video I posted here earlier completely illustrates) but I do think that people are very very quick to toss around the world RACISM and I believe NME was on a witch hunt. It amazes me how pc people are on this issue and just how little it takes to be immediately labeled racist in the UK... or so it seems from the media responses I have seen

That's my take on it. At the same time - I am a bit crazy, I am the first to admit that.

Doesn't it remind you of the US at the peak of the PC movement in the early 90's? If you've ever seen the movie PCU with Jeremy Piven, it's only so very funny because it was a good parody of what life was like on your average college campus in 1992.

It's ok to be a bit crazy. Moz inspires that.

No. As long as the NME exists, bands will freely cooperate with them. This isn't about that, I don't think.

This might possibly be spun as an example of how the media and the paparazzi, at large, are just out to sensationalize and destroy in the name of the dollar, but basically it's just publicity on both sides. Morrissey said what he said, and he said nothing inflammatory at all. NME's editors are in the wrong, but they'll both get some publicity out of it and Morrissey will be fine.

Don't you think? Am I being overly calm?

Bands will cooperate with the NME only while it still exists. Isn't it time for us to damage the NME? Help push it over the edge? Cost them money? Cost the editor his job? All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

If you agree avenge is worth the effort. What would be the best way of achieving that?

Bands will cooperate with the NME only while it still exists. Isn't it time for us to damage the NME? Help push it over the edge? Cost them money? Cost the editor his job? All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

If you agree avenge is worth the effort. What would be the best way of achieving that?

I agree!!!! Well I will handle emailing the bands and publicists since I seem to be the only one who thinks it's worth calling the artists on their integrity.

What else can we do. I totally agree if the people together have any possibility to impact enough to avenge Morrissey and make the NME pay for their political crap - then we should by all means do our best to make it happen!

I only in agree with you in that they would not boycott him because they have their own publicity in mind. I could easily see Morrissey boycotting a publication or anything for that matter if they did this to NY Dolls or something... and that is what gives him integrity and what makes him so wonderful. Since 5 out of ten of the most popular artists according to NME are big Moz listeners and adorers... I would think some of them would be worth the title of artist and actually stand up for him.

I disagree with the post that he was totally out of line and this and that... I don't think he really said anything that shocking and I think that plenty of people are completely crazy - nearly everybody I saw on that Question Time program posted here tonight were saying the same exact thing and it felt like such a bottled formula pc answer. I am not interested in National Identity (as the video I posted here earlier completely illustrates) but I do think that people are very very quick to toss around the world RACISM and I believe NME was on a witch hunt. It amazes me how pc people are on this issue and just how little it takes to be immediately labeled racist in the UK... or so it seems from the media responses I have seen.

I don't think Morrissey should have to stand up against that alone. Esp not when it is transparent and when he has given so much to so many of us... given us insight into things that are much less transparent than this witch hunt of Conors.

Oh, were all a bit crazy. That's why we're here :)
You make a lot of good points, and I agree with most of what you have said. I DO think Morrissey has been stitched up, but I also think he has been incredibly naive in his dealings with the NME this time around.

I'm also getting the faint whiff of hysteria round these parts.

Doesn't it remind you of the US at the peak of the PC movement in the early 90's? If you've ever seen the movie PCU with Jeremy Piven, it's only so very funny because it was a good parody of what life was like on your average college campus in 1992.

It's ok to be a bit crazy. Moz inspires that.

I believe in the pendulum effect. Neither position is balanced. The entire issue dissolves when one brings awareness of oneself as an individual and only an individual in... I believe that we can share and enjoy or have conflict with one another, but our nature - at our core - we are alone. When death comes we will go into that experience alone. If we can accept that - totally accept it and be at ease with it... so many of these problems, on both sides of the pendulum just become completely irrelevant. Instead, parties and think tanks exist and they brew up all kinds of madenss and this PC blitz and witch hunt is just as bad as the other end of the pendulum.... in fact they cause one another and are part of the same entity.

Back
Top Bottom