New Morrissey website 'Morrissey Central', including lengthy statement re The Independent

Obviously the successor to True To You has now arrived:
http://www.morrisseycentral.com/

Why The Independent hates independence - Morrissey Central
March 28, 2018

The importance of an artist (or political figure) is sometimes evident in the efforts taken to silence them. Two weeks ago, with stiff-backed priggishness, The Independent printed an extreme Hate Piece so loaded with vile bile that it almost choked on its own endless capacity to be appalled. As its target, it seemed evident that The Independent found me so morally shredded and physically repulsive that I appeared to fascinate them, whilst it also seemed obvious that any announcement of my painful death would make them laugh loudly. Yes, this is what we’re dealing with. Their moral outrage is certain that it has hit upon something as they take a stab at just about everything whilst hitting nothing.
Telford grooming gangs? Hardly worth a whisper in The Independent. Instead let’s demonize Morrissey - who deserves our indefatigable abuse since he appears to be saying some things that many people are actually thinking. To truthophobics, I am apparently worse than useless.

You see, The Independent ‘newspaper’ isn’t actually a paper with news, and it will express only the views of their editor/dictator, whose name is Christian Broughton. What he will tell us is happening and what we see is happening are two entirely different things. In order to find out the truth of anything, you must take note of what Christian Broughton does not allow into print.
My manager (Peter Katsis) spoke to Christian Broughton after the Hate Piece had appeared, and he asked why Broughton had sanctioned such a diabolically contrived and bitterly inaccurate mess. Broughton pointed out that “it would be difficult to find anyone at The Independent
who agreed with Morrissey’s views.” This almost- illiterate reply fully reveals The Independent’s dog-yapping will to destroy anyone with a view that doesn’t match their own. The Independent, you see, must supervise and censor art - that is their function.
But what are my views? And why do they ‘get at’ the stiff boundaries of The Independent? And what is The Independent independent of? Truth? Shame? They state confidently that, when I recently asked a packed audience at Glasgow Arena if they actually liked Nicola Sturgeon, that half the audience walked out in disgust towards me. As you can guess, without any principals of justice. The Glasgow audience, in fact, roared a deafening “NOOOOO!” in reply to the question, and not one person was known to have left the venue in protest. The Independent is willing to lie to its readers in order to create a skewed truth, and to hell with any principals of justice. If the newspaper is willing to take such silly risks with very basic facts then what on earth could they report that you would actually believe? They tell their readers that I “loathe Nicola Sturgeon” (which is untrue), and they explain by way of sneering slur how I am “loving Brexit”.

I believe I have mentioned Brexit twice in my entire life, and neither comment expressed love. I had explained how Brexit had been a strike for democracy because of the disgust that the political elite had shown towards the people who did not vote the way that they were warned to by media bullies. But why attack anyone who loves Brexit? Almost two years on from the result, the EU still has not allowed the UK to leave its clutches - which simply explains exactly why the Leave campaigners voted as they did in the first place. Doesn’t it twig?
However, any Brexit loathing by The Independent does not reflect majority opinion, and this lends them no independent thought whatsoever, but blind bureaucratic arrogance instead. This is symptomatic of a modern, shredded British society, where free speech no longer exists. When the print media are lost for a reply, they simply change the subject by naming their
opponent as ‘racist’, which is the perfect ploy because most people are naturally appalled to be called racist, and they step back in silence, and the debate collapses unresolved. Use of the word often only ever comes from people who themselves are intolerant. It works. Even though England introduced the world to democracy, great art and great literature, it is now leading the way with a dark and largely hidden agenda where no one is entitled to disagree; only one interest and opinion must prevail within the print media. Art is now fully outside tabloid journalism, and the gaping hole shrieks at us via the commercial arena with its automatic laughter and the impotent emotion of reality TV. The American genius William Burroughs was once interviewed on Radio 1 in the 1970s. Today’s Radio 1 is such an intellectually paralyzed blast of surface that it would not remotely consider interviewing anyone of the nature or intellect of Burroughs. Is civilization over? The cannibalistic mobile grave known as The Guardian suggests so. Thrilled at the knowledge of their own power, both The Guardian and The Independent daily confirm the views of everyone who morally objects to them (and The News of The World turns in its urn.) Their intolerant and totalitarian criticism of others reveals so much about themselves. Perhaps newspapers just cannot keep up with the open-ness and tolerance of internet news sites? The future of The Independent seems only a question of your commitment to it. It claims that I support Harvey Weinstein - someone about whom I know almost nothing. I do not believe I could recognize him in photographs. The Independent also claims that my audience have deserted me - yet this month I have completed my most successful UK tour, selling 22,000 tickets in London alone, selling out concerts at Alexandra Palace, The London Palladium, Brixton Academy and The Royal Albert Hall, all played within the space of 8 days. The Independent has an almost breathless capacity for misinformation and deception. Its uncontested rules of hate are like a fully drawn bow aiming its arrow at 42 targets, yet hitting none; bitter at the core, yet taking a stab, as its writer moves with one-way-or-another-you-will-remember-my-name outrage.

I am neither Loony Left nor Far Right. I am a humanitarian. I have not ever once voted in a British election because I have not ever discovered a party that represents my views. My main social concern is the abolition of the abattoir, the continued existence of which in modern times is beyond sane belief.
I confess that my life in music has been stunted by shyness, and this remains. I am too interior, and this can often seem like bone splitting arrogance. But it is not. I do not want to be like anyone else in music because there is no point. I want to bring something different into view. When I attempt to clarify, I will admit that it often sounds like an attack. I believe England can look after itself. It does not need the EU to police its laws, its thought, its borders or its liberty. It does not take a genius to arrive at this viewpoint.

Because The Independent cannot keep their own views under control, it seems obvious to me that we must source our information from alternative news outlets - they, at any rate, are telling us that we should. British mainstream media is now so politically correct that basic truth is actually impossible, and although it is obsessed with promoting social diversity they will not accept diverse opinion. Most British newspapers can only offer secrecy. When news is offered as opinion, it can only therefore be biased. Last year I completed a questionnaire for The Daily Mail in which one of their questions was ‘Whom do you most dislike?’. I replied ‘Theresa May, because of her support for killing foxes and badgers.’ The questionnaire appeared in print, but the Theresa May reply was missing because it obviously didn’t fit with the Mail’s political position as Theresa May’s personal notice-board. Journalists only ever talk to other journalists, it seems.

‘The London intellect, so pert and shallow,
like a stream that never reaches the ocean.’
E. M. Forster.

I have been criticized in the UK for so long (nowhere else!) that anything said about me no longer strikes me as a threat because I am still, after all, here. We should, I think, be striving for something more morally useful than whatever The Independent vomits out by way of spite.

Katie Boyle, who very sadly died this week, said “you have to accept [the press] telling complete lies about you. You can’t take legal action because that fans the flame.” I see what she means!

In 1887 the masthead of The New York Times began its famous slogan: All The News That’s Fit To Print.
In 2018, The masthead of The Independent should read All The Shit That’s Fit To Print. The Independent has tried to put me out of circulation: and viva hate, to that!

Morrissey

23 March 2018.

42708_morrisseycentral.jpg

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It does seem strange to refer to Brexshit as a victory for democracy and a victory against the political elite. It’s anything but that. It was a victory for the powerful manipulating the weak and vulnerable who were made malleable by the press in the same way he rails against here.

I have followed Morrissey for 35 years, seen countless shows, two on the recent UK tour at Leeds and Ally Pally, but he is wrong here. Brexshit was engineered by vested interests amongst the powerful, to rid themselves of the legislation that went some way towards protecting the weak. I’m surprised Morrissey is so supportive of that, or that in his world of conspiracy theories, he fails to grasp that.

Morrissey about media:

"and although it is obsessed with promoting social diversity they will not accept diverse opinion."

True, I think.

He is wrong, of course, with Germany being the rape capital of the world - It's Sweden, and something that said country goes to impressive lengths to explain.

It does seem strange to refer to Brexshit as a victory for democracy and a victory against the political elite. It’s anything but that. It was a victory for the powerful manipulating the weak and vulnerable who were made malleable by the press in the same way he rails against here.

I have followed Morrissey for 35 years, seen countless shows, two on the recent UK tour at Leeds and Ally Pally, but he is wrong here. Brexshit was engineered by vested interests amongst the powerful, to rid themselves of the legislation that went some way towards protecting the weak. I’m surprised Morrissey is so supportive of that, or that in his world of conspiracy theories, he fails to grasp that.
Please don't talk patronising shite. I voted for Brexit and I was manipulated by no-one. Please don't assume to know my motivations.

I take no pleasure from any of this !
Honest to God :praying::cool::laughing:

Steve Barnett aka
Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Happy Easter to one and all of you from the heart of my bottom.

The Independent article: "More recent Morrissey rituals have gone with it as he’s made his way across the UK, loathing Nicola Sturgeon and loving Brexit. The “mainstream media” – decried on his new song “My Love I’d Do Anything for You” – had their headlines written for them, and a few more old fans quietly left the room."

Morrissey: " They state confidently that, when I recently asked a packed audience at Glasgow Arena if they actually liked Nicola Sturgeon, that half the audience walked out in disgust towards me."

Has Morrissey even read The Independent article? For someone who claims to hate liars so much, Morrissey is rather keen on distorting reality himself.

Morrissey Central is a great idea, I love when he speaks his mind and defends himself against bully press and haters.
Happy Easter Day for all who believe in resurrection. God bless the fools.

LOL thats why the elite and ruling class,including all vested interests, all voted remain. :crazy:
Check out the haters here, remain.

Apologies if picked up elsewhere but it’s principle and not principal

The Independent article: "More recent Morrissey rituals have gone with it as he’s made his way across the UK, loathing Nicola Sturgeon and loving Brexit. The “mainstream media” – decried on his new song “My Love I’d Do Anything for You” – had their headlines written for them, and a few more old fans quietly left the room."

Morrissey: " They state confidently that, when I recently asked a packed audience at Glasgow Arena if they actually liked Nicola Sturgeon, that half the audience walked out in disgust towards me."

Has Morrissey even read The Independent article? For someone who claims to hate liars so much, Morrissey is rather keen on distorting reality himself.

Nobody walked out and the entire hall went NOOOOO.
Stupid Independent wasn't even there.

Morrissey Central is a great idea, I love when he speaks his mind and defends himself against bully press and haters.
Happy Easter Day for all who believe in resurrection. God bless the fools.
i support morrissey central and its messages. the site is tastefully designed and it seems that there is a new interest in spain.

Give him a phone-in show on LBC. This infatuation with 'free speech' does sound like Stephen Yaxley-Lennon at times.

Anyone know what Tommy is like on the guitar.

Sometimes I wonder whether I'm correct in giving Morrissey a pass from some of the views he holds, or is perceived to hold, that I don't agree with, because I like the music.

Then he comes out with a statement like this and I realise: Yes. Because I don't give a crap what he thinks. Outside of what's on record (the musical kind) I'm not really interested.

Nobody walked out and the entire hall went NOOOOO.
Stupid Independent wasn't even there.

The Independent didn't even claim to be there! It wasn't a concert review, it was an opinion piece. The line "few more old fans left the room" refers to how many old Morrissey fans have lost faith in him in general.

He needs a kick in the ass and a PR person with brass balls and a lot of firm NO's. I remember when he could pack more words (metaphorically speaking) into a single line of a song than in this entire rambling mess.
He seems to fail to realize that the people who matter are there for his music, and the people who get off on the schadenfreude of it all are there for his Grandpa rants. Grandpa rants don't pad the retirement account or sell albums/tickets. They just make more people go "Ah crap. He's lost it."

Fantastic! An unfiltered blog from Moz. Where he can post his racist and misogynist garbage. Complain about the police, royal family, and chart placement. Cool!

So you are saying that there isn't any Asian grooming gangs operating in Telford? Rochdale? Bury? Bradford?Blackburn? Rotherham? The list could go on....

Because if you believe that there isn't then you really are living in a bubble.

To question an Asian grooming gang isn't racist. It's realism. Just like grooming gangs operated by white, powerful rich men in 60s/ 70s and probably still today wouldn't be racist to be said by non white people.

The problem is people like you who automatically call everything racist when anybody raises issues which involve muslims.

I doubt Asian grooming gangs is a problem in the small rural area you live in, but in the dark satanic mill towns of the north west, it is a real problem
But you see, these people believe grooming and rape to be a small price to pay for the benefit of having religious extremists living next door.
Surely we can allow that, no?
If something happens look the other way.

Freedom of speech is pretty straight forward, say what you've got to say and if required justify your well thought through position with reasoning.

Or just spout shit and then cry when people call you a twat.

Freedom of speech is pretty straight forward, say what you've got to say and if required justify your well thought through position with reasoning.

Or just spout shit and then cry when people call you a twat.
Until your views are not deemed appropriate, then the tune of your trumpet changes.

DSLFY91S_400x400.jpg

What a great man and most people are not aware of his heritage and completely missed the point.

Until your views are not deemed appropriate, then the tune of your trumpet changes.

DSLFY91S_400x400.jpg

What a great man and most people are not aware of his heritage and completely missed the point.

For me you can say whatever you like as long as you can justify your position.

Morrissey's problem is that he's not only a shit talker, but a shit talker with the emotional age of a five year old which means if you say hang on there about something he's said then he'll be bitching about it for the next five years.

It's got nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with him being a twat.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom