New Morrissey song, 'I am Veronica'

It's not box ticking - it's wishing you had a chance.
Everyone has a chance. It may not be an equal chance but we live in the real world where nothing is equal and nor should it be. If you want something bad enough you make your own chances. The last clown car of democrat hopefuls running for President had everything anyone could ask for if so inclined and they chose an old white guy who can barely put two words together. They all had their chance.

yes atheism is an identity, Morrissey could have just as well of sang ‘But where the president is never black, female, gay or atheist’. Guess he forgot to tick that box! :lbf:
I didn't need that box ticked and couldn't care less if America ever gets an atheist as a President. They can be Jehova's witness for all I care, just do the job.

Why wouldn't Morrissey support Black Lives Matter? Are you saying he is racist?
If Morrissey has any brain cells he wouldn't support that Marxist bunch of race baiting grifters. It's so easy to back that group if you haven't bothered to look at who they actually are. Why do you think they called themselves that? So if anyone says anything critical about them they can label them racists. I'll let you in on a little secret. A lot of black people don't like BLM so put that in your pipe and see how it smokes. I don't mean to be aggressive here but I am so sick of hearing about BLM.

Well all of this is going to the place where chat dies now cause it's off topic. How can anything be off topic here anyway. Morrissey's songs encourage debate about real world topics which is a good thing. Or are we just supposed to babble on about the melodies and not talk about the lyrics?

But people did, Shirley Chisolm and Jesse Jackson come to mind.
2004 was the year that Obama spoke at the Democratic National Convention and we all knew he was being primed for president, he won two terms. I voted for him.

I do think Morrissey was pandering with that one, just like I believe he was pandering with the George Floyd hashtag or whatever he did that day, I really doubt he supports Black Lives Matter, or he would if he was paying attention to the things they do.

I don't think he was pandering.

He does feel oppressed by straight men - he's outright said it in interviews - & his heroes come from the 70s civil rights movements.

If Morrissey has any brain cells he wouldn't support that Marxist bunch of race baiting grifters. It's so easy to back that group if you haven't bothered to look at who they actually are. Why do you think they called themselves that? So if anyone says anything critical about them they can label them racists. I'll let you in on a little secret. A lot of black people don't like BLM so put that in your pipe and see how it smokes. I don't mean to be aggressive here but I am so sick of hearing about BLM.

Well all of this is going to the place where chat dies now cause it's off topic. How can anything be off topic here anyway. Morrissey's songs encourage debate about real world topics which is a good thing. Or are we just supposed to babble on about the melodies and not talk about the lyrics?

I doubt he's ever thought of them as an organisation - but I think he supports the movement.

He hates the police & we know he was on the gay scene in the 70s (for whatever reason) so he would have direct experience of being targeted by the police. They were brutal back then.

Not even close. I'm sorry, but there is only one song that stands alone as the greatest steaming dogturd in Morrissey's lyrical sandpit.
May I present to you the following, in all its mind-numbing, thuddingly awful glory: :sick: :poop:

Say daddy, who will protect us from the police?
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Baby, God will
Say daddy, there are flames high in the sky tonight
The tanks on the street, attacking free speech
We must pay for what we believe
We must be killed for what we believe
Say daddy, I'm sorry, I just cannot believe you
Say daddy, I'm sorry, I just cannot believe
What should I do? What should I do?
Baby please run
You were right all along
Baby please run
Baby please run
Venezuela
Venezuela
Venezuela
Venezuela
Venezuela
Dear God, how could I forget?! 😭 The amount of shit he released between 2014-2017 is nothing short of undignified. This one is easily one of the (if not, in fact, the) worst of the worst. I keep coming back to WPINOYB, because he keeps playing it live, but this one and TGFTTWK are probably just as crappy.

Everyone has a chance. It may not be an equal chance but we live in the real world where nothing is equal and nor should it be.

Well if it’s not an equal chance, then it’s a losing chance. Anyway, it’s about a matter of time and peoples changing views and who they will accept as a president or not that seems to make the difference, in regards to who has a chance or not. Though of course there are other factors in that sale.

I'd say "You don't need their approval" would be a better opening track than Veronica with Miley's whisky voice .

I'd say "You don't need their approval" would be a better opening track than Veronica with Miley's whisky voice .

Really? Does it sound good coming before ‘Rebels Without Applause’ and the following songs on the album?

Yes, my imagination tells me yes. This is called creative thinking .

incorrect thinking. No harm I guess.

Carry on.

I doubt he's ever thought of them as an organisation - but I think he supports the movement.

He hates the police & we know he was on the gay scene in the 70s (for whatever reason) so he would have direct experience of being targeted by the police. They were brutal back then.
Oh come on Vex... Really? When Mozz was on the gay scene in the 70s what do you think he was doing? Do you think he got on the wrong bus or something and ended up in Huddersfield by mistake 😬
I think Mozz is more out of the closet than you give him credit for.

He has never been 'in' the closet.
Depends what interview you've read really over the years. Not that I give
Much thought to such issues about his love life.
I just get frustrated when people on here think they know who Morrissey is actually sleeping with, how could they ever know ?

Depends what interview you've read really over the years. Not that I give
Much thought to such issues about his love life.
I just get frustrated when people on here think they know who Morrissey is actually sleeping with, how could they ever know ?
Not really, one thing he's been consistently crystal clear on is that he's not heterosexual.

Back
Top Bottom